Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hileville and the Admin Team
What do you guys think about Hileville and him removing Tsu, Rebs, SB, and HEM from the admin team?

( http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/...try121380)

Also, what about Bel's TG he sent to the region?

"This morning a coup occurred in our region, though you probably won't have realized it. The root admin of our offsite forums - where we base our government - has gone rogue, and removed every other active member of the admin team without consultation, prior notice, or anything even approaching consent. He did this having failed to get his own way in an internal admin matter, when a previous action he had taken was objected to by the rest of the admin team. He is currently in the process of drafting new admins, who he presumably expects to do as he tells them.

Right now the region is in a certain amount of chaos; there is no physical way for us to remove the root admin. In practical terms he controls our forums. But he does not control this region. This region is a community. What is more, it is a democracy. Decisions are made collectively, not unilaterally. And no one individual can force their will on the region. At least, not yet.

As we speak our root admin - Hileville - is moving to increase his control of the forums, and by extension this region. Our present government has yet to respond. How they do respond will largely be shaped by the reaction of you, the people who make up TSP. The question is simple; are you willing to live in a dictatorship? For that is the logical conclusion we are faced with, unless Hileville is forced to back down by the region. Only you can do that.

If you want TSP to remain a free, democratic region, then speak out on the RMB and our forums. Let Hileville know that he does not own this region, as he clearly thinks he does."

Should any action be taken to what either Hile or Bel did? If so, what do you think would be an appropriate action?
​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

Return all removed admins and vote on Belschaft's removal on being an admin, which I oppose. Smile
Long live TSP and Cake!

:cake:
[Image: Ryccia.png]
Ryccian Coat of Arms

Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-Present)
Regardless of my position in the whole thing...

**puts on Chair of Assembly hat**

I think what Hileville did was completely out of line. I dont know how to deal with it...There seems theres nothing we actually can do about it. Hile is going to stand his ground, and his word is law.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Yeah but his word is forum law, not TSP law. Get it?
Long live TSP and Cake!

Ryccian Coat of Arms

Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-Present)
It doesnt matter. Apparently, forum law > regional law

Forum Administrator

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

No it isn't. Laws can be made by the region as well.
Long live TSP and Cake!

Ryccian Coat of Arms

Thats not what I said, Ryccia. I said that forum law is above regional law.

Forum Administrator

Oh. Then ok. Smile
Long live TSP and Cake!

Ryccian Coat of Arms

Belschaft took things too far. What Hileville did was not a coup. Last I checked, the elected government remains in place, HIleville didn't ban anybody from anything, and no laws were broken. I would personally like more details, and I think Hileville should be more forthcoming with this PM discussion that was apparently taking place. But Belschaft's attempt to incite some kind of mass revolt against Hileville is absurd and looks like a disgruntled former admin wanting to exact revenge.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I can't speak for people here, but based on what I've seen and read and heard, maybe this is it:

- Hileville pays for the forum. Perhaps he feels that entitles him to make unilateral decisions regarding the state of the forums.

- When Bel was removed, he was understandably upset. When more admins were removed, he panicked and felt it was a coup. Probably not the best indication, but what's done is done.

- Rest of the admins are a bit flabergasted, I think. A post was brought up about how some people didn't do enough actions, yet some people with just a few actions were kept on.

- Citizens either don't care, feel that this is some kind of breech, or whatever.

Frankly, I can sort of see where both sides are coming from. But I have to be honest here: most administrations I've worked on have ochestrated as a team. It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable to know that ultimately a decision reached by the team could be vetoed by the root. If that's the case, why does our input really matter? I'll recall that list presented in the other admin thread (the one that's been locked. I don't really agree with locking that thread because it's best to let people vent but ah well):

Quote:Hileville - 3046 actions taken

Belschaft - 235 actions taken

Carta - 85 actions taken

Eluvatar - 56 actions taken

tsunamy - 40 actions taken (tsu is also being returned to admin status)

rebeltopia - 31 actions taken

Southern Bellz - 28 actions taken

HEM - 20 actions taken

Drugged Monkeys - 12 actions taken (DM has been very active on our test forum learning the forum software and how to do more technical level things)

Tsrill - 2 actiosn taken

Todd - 2 actions taken

raw - 1 action taken (wrote the throwback theme which was paid for)

Fudgie - 1 action taken
So in total that's 3,559 actions. Breaking it down by percentages, Hileville accounts for 85.6% of all these actions. Some may say that's impressive, I say it's dire. It's dire because one guy's doing the work. But why is that? Is it because other people just don't step up and do their job? Or is it because they kind of don't feel like they're able to do their jobs since one guy owns the forums, one guy can make changes on a whim, and one guy is more than happy to do as many jobs as possible.

I mean, seriously when I saw that spread it was rather troubling. And I'm not picking on Hile here - heck, when I first started in TEP as an admin I tried to do everything myself. But it was stressful. And it did alienate other admins, at least a little bit. And it did kind of make some of them feel a little inadequate. So maybe the solution isn't removing people (the way in which they were removed was not good either; I had the same issues back in October), maybe the solution is sort of loosening the reigns and letting other people do some of the work. Heck, I think we'd be more productive if we were each given a job, like one guy does citizenship, one does thread moving, etc. And I think Hileville would feel validated in the long run too. I know I have much more fun when I spread the work out with others than just do it myself.

But yeah. This whole situation seems to be another chapter in admin drama. And I don't really notice admin drama over on other forums (Osiris being an exception). So it's clear to me something needs to change. I think the old admins need to be re-instated, personally, and they should be given jobs. IMO we could use much more communication and coordination over there, but that's just me.