Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposal: Transitional Government Act
Preamble:

In order to ensure continuity of Governance we establish this act as the transitional Government Act of 2013 to provide guidelines for the enactment of the amendments and repeals passed in conjunction with this act.

Article 1:  Current Treaties, Declarations of War, and other Alliances
  1. All current Treaties that have been passed by the Assembly shall remain in effect after the passage of this act.
  2. For the purpose of continuity our current allies who treaties have been established with are The North Pacific, Lazarus, Balder, Osiris, The New Inquisition, Europeia, and Lone Wolves United.
  3. The Declaration of War against the Greater German Reich will remain in effect.
  4. The BealTaine Accord will remain in effect.
  5. The Coalition will remain in the Coalition Against the Greater German Reich.
Article 2:  Laws
  1. All laws not included in the General Code of Laws that were passed alongside this act will be repealed.
  2. The Charter passed alongside this act will be considered an Amended version of the original Charter.
Article 3:  Transference of Governance
  1. Due to the elimination of the Ministry of Justice, the Minister of Justice will become the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.  The change in will be effective immediately upon passage and the new Chief Justice will be removed from Cabinet as the Supreme Court does not report to the Delegate.
  2. All persons who have a criminal record based on previous laws will retain their record.
  3. The Ministry of Security will become the Ministry of the Army immediately upon the passage of this act.
  4. The South Pacific Army will cease all activities and be replaced by the New Southern Army immediately upon the passage of this act.  The history of the SPA including all past operations will remain in tact as the history of the South Pacific Army.
  5. The Delegate will select a citizen to become Vice Delegate and present them to the Assembly for approval.  The approval proceedings will follow normal Assembly procedures.
Article 4:  General Clause
  1. This document will remain in effect until all transfers are completed and will automatically be repealed 30 days after its passage.
Is this a draft or a voting thread?

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

draft
Hmmm... Committee for State Security sounds rather odd, since TSP is not a state per se, but a region. Would Committee for Regional Security or Committee for Coalitional Security sound better?

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Committee for State Security is a fantastic name.

This proposal looks solid. I see nothing objectionable or missing from it.
Hmmm... If our delegate(-elect) is fine with it, I'm all for it as well!  Smile

~≋₪≋~

Quote: 

Cool.  Once everyone checks out the latest versions of the Charter and Code of Laws to check for errors we may actually be able to finish this all up.
God I hate so much of this Tongue
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Dislike on the name of the army Tongue And on a committee of state security. Let's avoid *too much* communism, please
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Committee of State Security is non-negotiable at this point.  :hammer:
Unacceptable. That's why it says proposal Tongue

Security Council was fine, wasn't it?
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
I think so, but everybody has name change fever.

TSP Deputy Minister Of Foreign Affairs (DoFA)

TSP Ambassador To The East Pacific

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

TSP Ambassador To The Rejected Realms

Europeian Citizens' Assembly Associate Member

Do you want somebody murdered?

(Then don't call GE's General Services
)

But, for any other job, dial
HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

[Image: 20QJ0.png]

Committee of State Security is non-negotiable at this point.  :hammer:I already made a logo.
Not wanting Security Council is not a name change. We have no Security Council to change the name of. We shouldn't use Security Council. There is already an Security Council (SC) frequently refereed to. There is also already a feeder with a Security Council (and has had such a body for years) that serves the exact same purpose. We should, for simplicity's sake and to not mimic another region, do something else.
Quote:Not wanting Security Council is not a name change. We have no Security Council to change the name of. We shouldn't use Security Council. There is already an Security Council (SC) frequently refereed to. There is also already a feeder with a Security Council (and has had such a body for years) that serves the exact same purpose. We should, for simplicity's sake and to not mimic another region, do something else.
I agree. We should strive to be unique, not mimic other feeders.

Otherwise, I see no issues with this proposal.
Quote:Dislike on the name of the army Tongue And on a committee of state security. Let's avoid *too much* communism, please
Quote:Committee of State Security is non-negotiable at this point.  :hammer:

Well if people aren't going to vote for the amendment due to a name then I think we will be forced to look at alternatives.  However I like the rebranding of the Army and the CSS has grown on me as I will always just use CSS and it is an easy acronym to remember. Tongue
So is RSC (Regional Security Council), but I'm more concerned with the judiciary powers of it.

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

)

HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

Quote:So is RSC (Regional Security Council), but I'm more concerned with the judiciary powers of it.

Still very similar to TNP's SC and the WA one.
By that logic, we should stop callin' the SPA/NSA an army.

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

)

HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

Quote:By that logic, we should stop callin' the SPA/NSA an army.

Tongue
Usin' that reasonin', we shouldn't raid/defend/be independent/be neutral.  It's all been done before.

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

)

HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

Quote:Usin' that reasonin', we shouldn't raid/defend/be independent/be neutral.  It's all been done before.

The problem is in name not in function.  I don't want to use something almost identical to TNP.
Thus my first comment.  Everybody calls somethin' that raids/defends/etc an army so why shouldn't we call a council that provides security a security council?

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

)

HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

Our army could be more communist in all but it looks good overall Tongue
We should switch to a militia. The fact that most of us are active elsewhere would support the notion of a TSP militia, members of the militia could choose missions they are ideologically amenable to and it could eliminate the debate of we should raid or defend. With a militia we could do both and in-between missions we could all be endorsing our glorious comrade-delegate Milo