Crown Prince: Charax
Jarl of Integration: -vacant-
Jarl of Foreign Affairs: Charax
Jarl of Defence: Denth Rowan
Jarl of WA Affairs: Reon

Citizen’s Corner

[Image: microphone-e1356590385460.jpg]
The Citizen's Corner Recording Studio

Citizen's Corner is a regular feature where we in the Department of Foreign Affairs select a Citizen new to Wintreath, and allow them to opine on current affairs and activity within the region. This month, our contributor is Harry McClain, and here's what he has to say!

Quote:Few weeks ago, I was asked a really interesting question: "What do you think of the changes we've gone through since you started here?" Well personally, I am an old part of NS, so I am going to be honest.

We may not be the strongest region, which in old days moved earth and heaven Tongue. We definitely are not the best region ever… But in my own belief, in order to build something the constitutional laws, have to be clear, strong and nobody disrespecting them! Well, as I said we are not the best region ever, let me tell you that we are eager, me myself… I am eager to make Wintreath a safe region for all ages, and everybody!

And where there is the will to make something better, nobody can stop you! There have been amazingly great changes in Wintreath, since we started talking about the laws and the constitutional laws, until we finally set up our political category.

I can say that Wintreath is one of the best regions that a player can come… the players are amazing, from the eldest one to the youngest, and also we have experienced players, mature players, funny players, crazy players (I'm putting myself on the last category) and a fantastic community. Also in my strongest beliefs *as always*, it has to do also, on who is leading this region! I would personally have hated if I was told what to do, by a stubborn and immature King/Queen etc. a person with no knowledge, or communicating skills.. .But this the best about our Royal family, they are kind, loyal, funny and accept jokes!
Trust me, I have seen plenty of idiots in my life Tongue

So to sum up, Wintreath may not be the strongest region yet… But it is the best region when it comes to TEAM WORK!
Wintreath Takes Part in the World Fair 2014!

[Image: ou3jahH.jpg?1]
Wintreans preparing for the Ski Jump at the 2014 Winter World Fair (Article by A. Pierangelli)
Wintreath was proud to be a part of the NationStates World Fair 2014, hosted at The South Pacific! As one of the largest yearly festivals in the game and a place where all regions come together for fun and enjoyment under the banner of friendship and cooperation, Wintreath started its Fair planning by putting together a Committee to come up with content to showcase our region as soon as the request for a booth was confirmed.

Come the first day, an informational booth was set up, containing information and links about Wintreath, along with a guestbook and a Ask Me Anything thread from our very Monarch. While a location contest was attempted but unfortunately did not receive any entries, the Foreign Relations Game was a tremendous success, in which the last of the regions participating on the Fair left standing would get a prize in NS stamps. At first, it was not expected that a winner would arise before the end of the Fair, but The Versutian Federation rose to the challenge and took home 10,000 telegram stamps.

This was Wintreath’s very first fair, but we heartily hope there are many more to come!

Ask Me Anything: the forum craze!

[Image: 20130817154718679.jpg]
The Department grades this image a "C-", meaning "Eh, that's close enough". Article by A. Pierangelli.

One of the offshoots of the World Fair was the creation of Ask Me Anything (AMAs) threads on Wintreath’s offsite forums - so much that a specific sub-forum was created to store said threads! Our monarch was inspired to create his own thread after seeing Escade’s successful thread on The South Pacific’s regional booth, and the idea was so well-received it was a matter of time until it made the jump to the regional forums, where many citizens have created their own threads pledging to answer everything (almost everything in some cases, or begging not to be asked in others), hoping to learn more about their fellow Wintreans and having some fun along the way.

The threads, for the curious, can be found at the Ask Me Anything sub-forum here.

Survey Time for Wintreath!

[Image: 2e2548416d4c331db360db9006cca369.jpg]
Local Carnivore Denth Rowan is interviewed on the topic of his traumatic past. Article by A. Pierangelli

As part of a request from The Allied Republican, a publication from the region of The Allied Republics, the citizens of Wintreath were asked to participate in a brief survey that would not only detail their thoughts on the current state of the region but also serve as the basis for a profile to be subsequently published in its latest issue.

One of the most striking results to come out of it was that many of the people who responded indicated that they would like to be more involved in the government, the military and roleplays even if they had not yet. In accordance to this, a clarification regarding what Citizens that are registered in our forums are entitled to was written and telegrammed to all nations in Wintreath, which run the gamut from voting in elections and running for Underhusen positions to applying for work in the Ministries and joining the Hvitt Riddaral. The possibilities are many and an increase in forum activity has been noted in January.

The original full profile can be found here and our monarch’s own assessment can be found here.

New Appointments to the Riksråd!

[Image: 600px-SR-creature-Shadowmere-300x300.jpg]
Horse, the new Field Marshal, is a former Black Rider. Article by Wintermoot

A number of changes came to the ministries of the Riksråd this month, as Wintreath continues to transform from a new to an established region. Most notably, the Monarch sacked the entire Ministry of Integration, noting the ministry was not active in any way. Additionally, several changes were prompted by the departure of Saeturn Valerius from the region. In the wake of his departure, Horse took on the role as Field Marshal of the Hvitt Riddaral and native Citizen A. Pierangelli was appointed Thane of Foreign Affairs, where she has since made a name for herself as chief organizer of the Orendi.

With plenty of vacancies left to fill, the only thing that's certain is that more changes are on the way as we continue growing as a region!

Denth Rowan Becomes Forum Admin!

[Image: gyyXzeo.jpg]
The Administrators, left to right: Denth Rowan, Wintermoot, Charax. Article by Harry McClain

Denth Rowan, one of the oldest members in Wintreath. In his early days he served as Jarl of Defense, Speaker of the Underhusen, Chat OP, and he is one of our community's TOP consistent contributors. After a long period of time, working for Wintreath and helping Wintermoot in many tough decisions that consisted of our Constitution and many other fields of Wintreath, Denth was named as our new forum administrator in addition to his previously appointed positions. A hard job that would take him plenty of his real life time in order to contribute and help Wintreath's development, bit by bit.

One of the greatest joys of Wintreath's citizens is, having such a devoted friend, willing to help them, anytime… anywhere! Congratulations to him!

The Wintreath Chronicles: one new cultural activity...

[Image: dss.jpg]
Weissreich's first draft. Article by Weissreich too. What a busy person Weissreich is.

Wintreath's latest cultural foray takes the form of an archive of historical RP, building the setting that is Wintreath and creating locations to set our games such as Wintropolis and Forests of Tauria within. The Chronicles contain several threads which detail physical locations ("Oh, The Places You'll Go In Wintreath") and the progress towards a regional map ("The Wintreath Map"). For anyone interested in the lore and setting of our region, this is the place to go! What makes this a unique cultural activity is the fact that any member can contribute to add their own personal spin to the history of Wintreath, and gives those with an artistic flair somewhere to show off whilst helping the lore pick up.

...actually, make it two new cultural activities with Forests of Tauria!

[Image: 580x2.jpg]
A forest, because we in the FA Department are innovative people. By Weissreich again. His hegemony of influence is becoming scary at this point.

Wintreath is displaying a fine trend in cultural activities with yet another RP game established on the forums: Forests of Tauria! In this setting, forum members play as characters in a world of mystery, magic and just a little bit of mayhem as they, a small group of heroic individuals, fight the evil Moria, who's probably undead. So far, gameplay has involved a whole lot of violence, an undead dragon and explosions in inhabited houses - we're not evil, I promise! Things to look out for: undead, magic, explosions, more undead, beer, laughter, probably a horde of undead and gore. Lots of lovely gore.

If you'd like to join, the forum for this game can be found here, and the game is run by Drexyl Nox.

Skydande Vakt: Reinforcements to the Hvitt Riddaral!

[Image: Iiseyla.png?1]
The future of the Hvitt Riddaral. I know what you're thinking, and yes, this is after they graduate. Article by A. Pierangelli

January has also marked the creation of the Skydande Vakt, a secondary branch of Wintreath’s Hvitt Riddaral. Geared towards citizens that cannot be on during either game updates but still would like to participate in military gameplay, the Skydande Vakt serves as a reserve pool of soldiers that may move in to reinforce the protection and defense of native regions in need or to be part of Hvitt Riddaral support operations.

Wintreath’s Forum Hits 5000 Posts!

[Image: people-talking-online1.jpg]
We just can't shut up. By Weissreich, again. Our benevolent demi-God Weissreich.

You read it correctly! It's not even the end of January and we're already passing an important threshold of forum activity! 5000 posts is no laughing matter for a region that is so recently established, and it's wonderful to see our community so active and interested in the constitutional goings on of Frosthold, the ridiculous games of our Valley of the Spammage and our discussion forums. We look forward to an ever increasing forum activity, and welcome anyone who'd like to come and talk to us and get to know the crazy people that make up our region to visit us on our forums!

Wintreath Has an Official Video!

[Image: vhs-tapes.jpg]
If that image made you feel a pang of nostalgia at this image, turn off the computer and get back into the Rocking Chair. By Harry McClain

Wintreath, the land of the eternal winter as it is called, is ruled by the Monarch Wintermoot and his Royal Family! The Northern Part of Wintreath is surrounded by snow, while the greenwoods of Latrovia in the southern part of Wintreath will take you to places you have never seen before! Created by our very own Harry McClain, with music by Peter Crowley, the inspiring, wonderful journey can be seen here!

http://youtu.be/k8HjQ5qu6yo

Wintreath Votes!

[Image: MH900059282.jpg]
Underhusen Skrifa, Chanku, casting his votes. Article by A. Pierangelli

Last, but not least, The Election Hall is once again open as the citizens of Wintreath attend the elections for the Underhusen’s second term! Time sure flies fast! Seven candidates are currently vying for the five positions and, thus far, results are still a wide, open race! The winners were known on February 7th, and proved to be a mix of old and new members as Chanku, Denth Rowan and Drexyl Nox have retained their seats and Weissreich and Alterra have joined them on this term.

Thanks for reading!