Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raider Oligarchy Act
I have a new totally serious proposal I suggest for an immediate vote of the Assembly.  As leader of the supposed TSP Oligarchy it is my duty to push this law through this body as quickly as possible.  Any NAY votes shall be banned from the region at first opportunity.

PREAMBLE

Believing that it is well within the region's interest to pursue a "raider oligarchy" identity, provided it is a unique understanding of the concept, relevant to The South Pacific's own culture and true Governing Principles.

SECTION 1: CITATIONS

1. This law may be cited as the Raider Oligarchy Act.

SECTION 2: DEFINITION

1. A raider oligarchy region, for the purposes of this document, shall mean a sovereign region that is ruled by a select few and shall aim to destroy all natives in NationStates.

SECTION 3: GENERAL PROVISIONS

1. The South Pacific affirms its identity as a "raider oligarchy region."

2. The NSA shall be formally recognized as a "raider oligarchy army" and a sovereign force.

3. The mandate of the NSA, including its powers and responsibilities, are circumscribed in the Code of Laws.

SECTION 4: TOLERANCE AND DIVERSITY

1. Policies in which discriminate against Defender Subversives shall be encouraged and established in Cabinet Policy.

1. Military ideology is grounds for ejecting and banning nations at the will of the Delegate.

3. Citizens shall be barred from running for office, or otherwise serving in the government, because of their ideological beliefs.

SECTION 5: ENACTMENT

1. This bill shall be enacted upon its passage by the Assembly and approval of the Oligarchy.

I cannot support this bill.

If it was the "Defender Oligarchy Act" I would support it.

Tongue

TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

From the old TSP Boards....
Quote:
Punk D
May 17 2004, 06:07 AM Post #1
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*needing validation that 1977 was not that long ago*

I get that you hate Unibot, but trolling his trolling isn't very productive.

This sounds like something Unibot would post.

Whilst taking Unibot's legislation from TEP and reversing it is a little petulant, I would hardly call it trolling.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
In all seriousness, if Unibot posted this, it would be called trolling. 

TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

Quote:
Punk D
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

Not really, you have to consider the context. The Raider Oligarchy Act is exactly the kind of legislation Unibot claims that Article 9 is, whilst Hileville's characterization of himself as part of a dictatorial oligarchy is the exact claim that Unibot has been publicizing in his non-TSP media smear campaign. It's clearly satirical, designed to make Unibot's arguments look absurd.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

People would be much more critical if Unibot were the one doing this, but let's also consider that fact that Unibot has an extensive moderation history. That said, I honestly didn't mind when Unibot made that thread about declaring the South Pacific a criminal group and I don't mind this thread either. I think both made good points, one about a loophole in a law and the other about a situation abroad that affects us. I had a good laugh with both threads, and while they are really unnecessary, I don't mind them. As long as we don't make a habit of them, it's fine by me.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
This Act has my full support!  Tongue

Cormac Somerset

[Image: cormacshield.png]

The Brotherhood of Malice

General and Outside World Manager

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

Quote:Not really, you have to consider the context. The Raider Oligarchy Act is exactly the kind of legislation Unibot claims that Article 9 is, whilst Hileville's characterization of himself as part of a dictatorial oligarchy is the exact claim that Unibot has been publicizing in his non-TSP media smear campaign. It's clearly satirical, designed to make Unibot's arguments look absurd.

Okie dokie, but if Unibot proposes legislation to make others' arguments look absurd, I feel we can't jump down his throat for it.
TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

Quote:
Punk D

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Belschaft" data-cid="117898" data-time="1393216553">
<div>
Not really, you have to consider the context. The Raider Oligarchy Act is exactly the kind of legislation Unibot claims that Article 9 is, whilst Hileville's characterization of himself as part of a dictatorial oligarchy is the exact claim that Unibot has been publicizing in his non-TSP media smear campaign. It's clearly satirical, designed to make Unibot's arguments look absurd.

Okie dokie, but if Unibot proposes legislation to make others' arguments look absurd, I feel we can't jump down his throat for it.

</div>
</blockquote>
Need I refer you to his proposal that the Assembly declare TSP a Criminal Group?

I have a question.

Why did this need to be posted?
​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

We won't move forward if we keep focusing on the past.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Big Grin

I have nothing against good satire (although I tend to get warned for it when I do it ??). Though, I'll point my resolution was perfectly legal under The Charter (which was the problem I was highlighting), I don't know if this resolution would be legal.

The Chief Justice's ruling may have watered down the FoE to the point where this actually is arguably constitutional. Mostly notably, Section 4.3 is legal, so long as citizens aren't "physically" restricted in expression. That's something that I'm really concerned about. 
Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.