Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delegate's Message to the Region
Good day, people of the South Pacific!

I am Brutland and Norden, your current Delegate. The legally constituted government of the South Pacific <a class="bbc_url" href="http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/index.php/topic/4412-announcement-from-the-cabinet-regarding-the-delegate/" title="">had appointed me</a> to fill in the remainder of the term of Milograd/Carta in accordance to the existing laws of the South Pacific.

So on behalf of the Government of the South Pacific, I would like to take this opportunity to address the assembly regarding a few announcements and appointments.

First, the announcements.

We have money!

We are currently introducing a forum currency system for the South Pacific. This will be purely just for fun, there will be no real money involved. But who doesn't want to win the (forum money) lottery? Or invest in stocks? Or buy someone drinks in the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/index.php/topic/33-lampshade-bar-and-grill/" title="">Lampshade Bar and Grill</a>? If you have any suggestions or comments, feel free to post <a class="bbc_url" href="http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/index.php/topic/1053-forum-currency/" title="">in this thread</a>. Now if you are still thinking of something to spend your forum money on, I would like to inform everyone that your delegate is poor and is currently on welfare.

Regular Election Cycle

The election cycle will proceed as scheduled, during the first week of April. So I would like to exhort my fellow citizens to participate in one of NationStates' oldest and most vibrant democracies by registering to vote in order to support your favored candidates next month. If you like, you can even run for the myriad of positions available! You can get the right to vote and run in our elections simply by acquiring citizenship <a class="bbc_url" href="http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/index.php/topic/35-request-citizenship-here/" title="">here</a>.

And now we go to the appointments.

Acting Vice-Delegate

The Delegate of the South Pacific usually has two vice-delegates to help him/her in maintaining and securing the region. With my elevation to the delegacy, the region now only has one vice-delegate. To remedy this, I would like to invoke Sec. 3 Art. II of <a class="bbc_url" href="http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/index.php/topic/1195-omnibus-bill/" title="">the Omnibus Bill of the South Pacific</a> in order to appoint a citizen as a member of The South Pacific Security Council, whose job is similar to a vice-delegate. Thus, the Cabinet of the South Pacific would like to nominate <span>Hileville</span> as a member of The South Pacific Security Council until my successor takes office. I hope that the Assembly of the South Pacific would vote favorably to confirm one of our trusted former delegates to the position.

Election Commissioner (EC)

Our elections are upcoming, and it is the election commissioners' role to safeguard the voting process and our democracy. A few days ago, one of our beloved ECs, a mean old man (he's not really mean) had announced <a class="bbc_url" href="http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/index.php/topic/4416-resignation/" title="">his resignation</a> from the post. As such, I would like to volunteer my services as one of the Election Commissioners of the South Pacific to replace a mean old man. For disclosure, I have no intentions of running for any position next month. I would like to solicit the Assembly's views on this nomination.

Thank you very much, and I hereby open the floor for voting and comments.

Brutland and Norden
Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
Before I second Hileville's nomination as Vice Delegate, I'd like to ask him if he has any intention of runnin' for delegate next month.

On that note, I'd like to nominate Brutland and Norden as Election Commissioner.

TSP Deputy Minister Of Foreign Affairs (DoFA)

TSP Ambassador To The East Pacific

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

TSP Ambassador To The Rejected Realms

Europeian Citizens' Assembly Associate Member

Do you want somebody murdered?

(Then don't call GE's General Services
)

But, for any other job, dial
HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

[Image: 20QJ0.png]

Not at this time. The only way I would run would be if nobody else us. I already know of a couple of people who have plans to do so.
I know of one...Who do ya know that I don't?

I second Hileville's nomination for Vice Delegate.

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

)

HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

I approve of Hile's nomination.
I approve of both Hileville's nomination and B&N's
Hile and B&N supported here too.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
As a procedural note (since our laws are messy):

Vice Delegate Candidates have a public hearing first and then gets moved to a vote according to normal Assembly procedures (motion and a second).

EC's have a seven day hearing lasting 7 days.  The Delegate will then make the final decision on their appointment.
In other words, we havta talk 'bout this for five more days.

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

)

HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

Or we can pretend it's been five days.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
I like that idea better.

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

)

HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

Why would we have to pretend that it's been five days? It's been five days.
That's what I heard.

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

)

HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.

I am proud to support B&N, who has stepped up to the plate huge and has done a fantastic job protecting this democracy.

And hile, who has continued to go above and beyond for this region, selflessly serving after being delegate. 

Proud to have both of you as TSPers!!!
I concur with SB. I really appreciate what B&N is doing, and Hile is always doing great work.
Thank you everyone for supporting my choices. Smile

Quote:As a procedural note (since our laws are messy):

Vice Delegate Candidates have a public hearing first and then gets moved to a vote according to normal Assembly procedures (motion and a second).

EC's have a seven day hearing lasting 7 days.  The Delegate will then make the final decision on their appointment.

I had re-read my opening post, but I think I had nominated you for the Security Council, since that is the formal name of the position in the law I invoked, and the  confirmation vote is quicker (no public hearing). I think it's different from the Vice-Delegate position, which requires a public hearing, then a vote... but essentially their jobs are the same? Well, I am confused. :unsure:

But, of course, I support my nominee, Hileville. But I won't comment on the other nominee, for fear of being seen as biased. Tongue
Brutland and Norden Factbook (work in progress - check for updates!) Smile
Quote:Thank you everyone for supporting my choices. Smile I had re-read my opening post, but I think I had nominated you for the Security Council, since that is the formal name of the position in the law I invoked, and the  confirmation vote is quicker (no public hearing). I think it's different from the Vice-Delegate position, which requires a public hearing, then a vote... but essentially their jobs are the same? Well, I am confused. :unsure: But, of course, I support my nominee, Hileville. But I won't comment on the other nominee, for fear of being seen as biased. Tongue
That is what I meant. In the SC the hearing would be just a discussion. That can be motioned and seconded to bring to a vote. But yes basically the jobs are the same as the law currently is.
'Cept Security Council members can be asked by the delegate or the assembly to lower their endorsements below the cap; whereas a vice delegate would have to be recalled, if I remember correctly.

TSP Ambassador To Osiris

)

HURRY UP- It pays!

P.S. We also walk dogs.