Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"This morning a coup occurred in our region" WTF?
Belschaft just sent out a telegram to everyone in the region:

Quote:The Grumpy Old Fart of South Pacific Belschaft → region: the South Pacific

Morning folks,

This morning a coup occurred in our region, though you probably won't have realized it. The root admin of our offsite forums - where we base our government - has gone rogue, and removed every other active member of the admin team without consultation, prior notice, or anything even approaching consent. He did this having failed to get his own way in an internal admin matter, when a previous action he had taken was objected to by the rest of the admin team. He is currently in the process of drafting new admins, who he presumably expects to do as he tells them.

Right now the region is in a certain amount of chaos; there is no physical way for us to remove the root admin. In practical terms he controls our forums. But he does not control this region. This region is a community. What is more, it is a democracy. Decisions are made collectively, not unilaterally. And no one individual can force their will on the region. At least, not yet.

As we speak our root admin - Hileville - is moving to increase his control of the forums, and by extension this region. Our present government has yet to respond. How they do respond will largely be shaped by the reaction of you, the people who make up TSP. The question is simple; are you willing to live in a dictatorship? For that is the logical conclusion we are faced with, unless Hileville is forced to back down by the region. Only you can do that.

If you want TSP to remain a free, democratic region, then speak out on the RMB and our forums. Let Hileville know that he does not own this region, as he clearly thinks he does.

Yours,

South Pacific Belschaft

Former Delegate

Member of the Committee for State Security

I don't think we're being "couped" and this seems really really harsh and brutally rash on Belschaft's part. We should have a discussion on whether Belschaft is really a good fit for the CSS, in my opinion.

I don't think a member of the CSS should be stirring up chaos and crap like this -- disagree with Hileville, sure. But accuse of him couping? And sending out telegrams to everyone? Without even more than a few hours of discussion!? I think that's the kind of behavior that the CSS should be concerned about, not.. personally pursuing.

Was the CSS informed before hand that Belschaft intended to submit and circulate this telegram? 

Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

I've seen this already, it hasn't been a fun night to be an SOP in the irc channel either. Or to be a newly appointed Global Moderator, some of the reasons have been less than pleasant.

[center][Image: FF9LRsig.png][/center]
Quote:I don't think a member of the CSS should be stirring up chaos and crap like this -- disagree with Hileville, sure. But accuse of him couping? And sending out telegrams to everyone? Without even more than a few hours of discussion!? I think that's the kind of behavior that the CSS should be concerned about, not.. personally pursuing.

Let me put it this way; the several hours of discussion that occurred before I sent out that TG was <i>infinitely</i> more hours of discussion than that relating to the removal of every single active admin aside from Hileville.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Regardless, I felt a duty to inform the region as to what was going on. If there is anything in my TG that is factually inaccurate - has Hile, for example, not removed the entirety of the active admin team - feel free to point to it.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

I'll note it appears Belschaft has given Milograd (PNN), pictures of discussions from the Admin subforum to circulate interregionally. Without permission, I imagine. >_<

Actually, those are PM's, not the admin subforum.

I should also note that they substantiate the following facts; that Hileville issued a gag order, prohibiting the admin team from discussing the issue; that Hileville refused to allow a vote on the matter; and that subsequent to the admin team refusing to comply with these ultimatums, they were all removed.

My apologies then. They looked like Admin subforum pics.

I'm not ready to call this a coup.

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
I'd personally call it a coup of the forums, if not the region;

coup

<div style="font-size:large;"><i>noun</i>

<div style="color:rgb(135,135,135);"> 
<ol class="">[*]

<div>1.

<div>a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government
</div>
</div>

</ol></div>
</div>

Quote:I'd personally call it a coup of the forums, if not the region;

coup

noun

<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]

a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government</ul>

I'm pretty sure that the elected government is still in control.
​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

The admin team isn't, however. Everyone active except Hile has been removed suddenly and against all procedures, for the relatively simple reason that the rest of the admin team disagreed with him and was preparing to overrule him. As I said, a coup of the forums, not the region.

The problem as of right now is that Hileville is not entering any sort of discussion with those who are disenfranchised with his leadership style. I think he hopes this will also just blow over, like every other power play he has made.

That being said, if we leapt to the most dramatic headlines, we are delegitimizing our real complaints here. We need a regional discussion on what we want from a forum, and from a root admin. And most importantly, Hileville must be part of this conversation, and bend to whatever the consensus is from this community.

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Quote:That being said, if we leapt to the most dramatic headlines, we are delegitimizing our real complaints here. We need a regional discussion on what we want from a forum, and from a root admin. And most importantly, Hileville must be part of this conversation, and bend to whatever the consensus is from this community.

This is the key idea. It's a bit extreme to say this is a coup. The very fact that we are having this discussion in this forum dispproves it. We do have a bit of a crisis though, and the solution is for everyone involved to sit down and have an honest conversation, without preconditions, about the best way to contain the damage, keep the trust of this community, and do things the democratic way.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="HEM" data-cid="121415" data-time="1395415428">
<div>
That being said, if we leapt to the most dramatic headlines, we are delegitimizing our real complaints here. We need a regional discussion on what we want from a forum, and from a root admin. And most importantly, Hileville must be part of this conversation, and bend to whatever the consensus is from this community.

This is the key idea. It's a bit extreme to say this is a coup. The very fact that we are having this discussion in this forum dispproves it. We do have a bit of a crisis though, and the solution is for everyone involved to sit down and have an honest conversation, without preconditions, about the best way to contain the damage, keep the trust of this community, and do things the democratic way.

</div>
</blockquote>
That would be wonderful if Hileville was willing to allow that to occur. The admin team tried that, and now none of them are admins anymore.

I find Belschaft's actions to be reprehensible. 

Who has been couped?

The issue of Hileville and the forums is one I brought up several times with several people attacking me for it vociferously. They said I was attacking veteran players or trying to somehow wrest control. I wanted to discuss the issue but it became too controversial so I stopped.

Now that Hileville does something that these particular players don't agree with, suddenly its a coup? He gave reasons including a list of forum actions taken by each person to show that they have been inactive. He gave plenty of reasons. He shouldn't have to tell the admin team what to do every five seconds. They should take the initiative on their own such as DM learning the technical stuff. 

My question here is this, does Belschaft deserve his place in the CSS? I already made it clear that I don't feel comfortable with him being on the administrators group because I expect the admins to behave in a more responsible way. It's becoming clear to me that Belschaft does not have the calm rationality that is needed of people who want the responsibility and privilege of being on the CSS or admin team.

What next? Another State of Emergency Declaration against me for making this statement?  

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Since Bel, who apparently runs things in this region, wants me to give a database backup to tsu I am more than happy to that.  This whole forum move has been a disaster and has caused me more grief than it is worth.

I am perfectly fine with stepping aside.  I would suggest a plan of action for moving forums be drafted and initiated so posting can be disabled here so I can provide the database to tsu.

Quote:I find Belschaft's actions to be reprehensible. 

Who has been couped?

The issue of Hileville and the forums is one I brought up several times with several people attacking me for it vociferously. They said I was attacking veteran players or trying to somehow wrest control. I wanted to discuss the issue but it became too controversial so I stopped.

Now that Hileville does something that these particular players don't agree with, suddenly its a coup? He gave reasons including a list of forum actions taken by each person to show that they have been inactive. He gave plenty of reasons. He shouldn't have to tell the admin team what to do every five seconds. They should take the initiative on their own such as DM learning the technical stuff. 

My question here is this, does Belschaft deserve his place in the CSS? I already made it clear that I don't feel comfortable with him being on the administrators group because I expect the admins to behave in a more responsible way. It's becoming clear to me that Belschaft does not have the calm rationality that is needed of people who want the responsibility and privilege of being on the CSS or admin team.

What next? Another State of Emergency Declaration against me for making this statement?  
Don't be absurd Escade. Hileville's stated reasons were, to put it simply, nonsense. There is ample evidence to show the real reasons for his actions.

Further, the actions that "these particular players" don't agree with consists of removing the entire active admin team for disagreeing with him. That is unacceptable behavior, goes against all admin team procedure and is frankly the action of a rogue root admin.

After multiple discussions I have decided to continue offering hosting the forums.  I will not restore admin powers to any of those removed at this time.  If those unhappy with it want to initiate the process to move forums you can do so by submitting a Charter amendment.

Until such a time forum moderation will handle all moderation issues of this forum.  I will be counting on Raven, GR, Tsu, DM, Kris, and Escade to issue any warnings that are deemed needed in accordance with the current form moderation policy.

I'm sorry that at no point in the process you felt that a discussion with me was appropriate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Quote:I'm sorry that at no point in the process you felt that a discussion with me was appropriate.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
With any of us
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Dear TSPers,

I will be locking this thread temporarily while cooler heads talk together and work out a solution. 

Let me just reassure you that this small conflict will be resolved and the entire community will be able to follow the resolution and partake in it. 

Thank you very much for your positive thoughts and contributions,

Escade

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific