Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Delegate/Vice Delegate/Security Council Reform
We are going to use this thread to discuss any reform to the Delegate/Vice Delegate/Security Council laws.
Because I think it is now a bit of a grey area: put it explicity in law that there can be any number of "Vice Delegates" (i.e., nations with endorsement levels above the demarcation line), nominated by the delegate and approved by assembly.
[Image: 1ad3869e-07b4-47f3-8bf1-247c729479d6.jpg]

I agree with Tsrill on that.
Make it law that a delegate abandoning his position for whatever region passes it to the VD, and the VD alone.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
To Do List:Change the VD Law (Would people be okay if we just amend the Delegate law and place the appointment of VD's in there?)Add in that the Delegate may only hand over the Delegate seat to a VD of their choosing.
Quote:Make it law that a delegate abandoning his position for whatever region passes it to the VD, and the VD alone.
Back to the Bel issue, for god's sake, Ant.. there was only like a week left, there was a threat on the region, so we wanted an updater as delegate and Belschaft would only trust me. I think so long as the choice is a cabinet member and within two weeks of the elections, that policy should be fine -- elections will always be high security times while guys like Frak still exist.
Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

Unacceptable. We have VDs in place for a reason, and they were bypassed due to personal connections.This is why you are entirely unsuited to deny an enquiry into Bels taking the delegacy from Topid, incidentally.
New Southern Army Member
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Quote:Unacceptable. We have VDs in place for a reason, and they were bypassed due to personal connections.

This is why you are entirely unsuited to deny an enquiry into Bels taking the delegacy from Topid, incidentally.
An enquiry into an election that happened six months ago, where the person I supposedly wronged says that he thinks the whole supposed issue is non-existent? FFS, <em class='bbc'>both</em> me and Carta had slipped over the endo-cap before the contest started. HEM was also over it before he withdrew from the election. Do you want an enquiry into that as well?
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
'slipped'; in your case by several *dozen*Anyway. Not the place for this. But we still need to follow due process, which apparently is being ignored by Bels/Uni.
New Southern Army Member
Quote:Make it law that a delegate abandoning his position for whatever region passes it to the VD, and the VD alone.
Agreed. I think Cabinet is too broad, and it also won't always be practical. We need a Vice Delegate with the second amount of endorsements in the region, and shouldn't have nations being passed between players when these nations are in the hands of our delegacy.

Cementing the VD position and making it the only inheritor of an absent delegacy is what I would do and support.
WORK IN PROGRESS - PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS

Quote:The Delegacy of The South Pacific and Endorsement Law

<strong class='bbc'>Preamble</strong>

The Assembly of The Coalition of The South Pacific hereby establishes the following procedures and laws via which the delegate position may be legitimately obtained, and the endorsement cap through which the position is maintained. So long as these laws stand any individual acquiring or attempting to acquire the position via any method other than set out bellow shall be considered an enemy of both The Collation of The South Pacific and her Assembly.

<strong class='bbc'>Article I: Delegate Election Types</strong>

Clause I: The Delegate shall be reviewed every three months by elections which shall be split between alternating full elections and mid-term elections.

Clause II: Full elections shall be held in two rounds, the preliminaries on the forums, and the final on-site.

Clause III: Mid-term elections may consist of one to three rounds, depending on if the delegate is reaffirmed.

<strong class='bbc'>Article II: Full Elections</strong>

Clause I: The preliminary voting shall begin and end in concert with the cabinet elections in June and December.

Clause II: The declaration period shall begin 10 days before voting is to start, within this period any World Assembly member within The South Pacific may declare his intent to become delegate and earn a spot on the ballot.

Section A: After declaring his or her candidacy, the rest of the declaration period shall be when a candidate is to campaign.

Section B: Declarations must be made no later than 48 hours before voting is to begin in order to earn a position on the ballot.

Clause III: When voting begins every citizen may vote for one candidate to advance to the final round.

Section A: The two candidates with the highest votes shall advance to the final round.

Section B: In the event of a tie between 3 or more nations, all tied nations advance to the final round.

Clause IV: If no more than two candidates have declared by the declaration deadline, the preliminary elections are to be skipped, and both candidates advance to the final round immediately.

Clause V: The final round shall consist of an on-sight election.

Section A: Beginning at the end of the preliminary election, the candidates in the final round have the authority to break the endorsement cap.

Section B: The contest shall last for two weeks, if at any point a delegate change occurs and a gap of more than 10 endorsements between the new delegate and the nearest candidate the contest is over and the delegate is elected.

Section C: If the requirements in Section B have not been met, the delegate at the end of the 14 days shall be the elected delegate.

Section D: In the event that the incumbent delegate is not a candidate in the finals, but neither candidate overtakes him within the 14 days, the candidate with the highest endorsements behind the incumbent is the legally elected delegate.

<strong class='bbc'>Article III: Mid-Term Elections</strong>

Clause I: The voting of mid-term elections shall be scheduled in concert with that of the March and September Cabinet elections.

Clause II: The Mid-Term election shall occur on the forums, where each citizen will vote for or against keeping the current delegate for three more months.

Clause III: If a majority (50% + 1 vote) of voting citizens vote to reaffirm the delegate, he or she shall serve until the next election.

Clause IV: If a minority (50% - 1 vote) of voting citizens vote to affirm the delegate, the same process that is used in a full election is used, a preliminary election followed by final.

Section A: The sitting delegate may NOT stand for re-election.

Clause V: If the vote is tied, a full election is also held.

Section A: The sitting delegate MAY stand for re-election.

<strong class='bbc'>Article IV: Oversight</strong>

Clause I: The election Commission shall be tasked with managing the on-forum aspects of delegate elections (preliminary and reaffirmation votes).

Clause II: Any charges of wrong doing within the election shall be reported to the Minister of Justice who shall investigate any accusations and hold a trial for any crimes.

<strong class='bbc'>Article V: The Endorsement Cap</strong>

Clause I: All nations of The South Pacific may not normally exceed 100 endorsements at any time, unless the delegate has less than 150 endorsements, in which case they must remain at or bellow 65% of the delegates number.

Section A: The Assembly may change this number by amending this law, it is recommended the number be kept comparable with 50%-70% of the delegate's endorsements.

Clause II: The delegate has the authority to eject and ban any nation in excess of the cap immediately.

Section A: The delegate is encouraged to seek other solutions first, especially asking the offending nation to reduce his endorsements to a level below the cap on his or her own, or leave for one update on their own volition.

Clause III: Nations in the final round of a delegate election, and the Vice-Delegate are exempt from the endorsement cap.

Clause IV: Any nation ejected for breaking the cap three times may be put on trial by the Minister of Justice.

<strong class='bbc'>Article VI: The South Pacific Security Council</strong>

Clause I: The cabinet may with the approval of the Assembly allow certain nations they deem trustworthy to be exempt from the endorsement cap for an extended period of time for a specific purpose, such as maintaining the security of the region in a time of war the purposes of regional security.

Section A: Let these certain nations be called members of "The South Pacific Security Council".

Section B: Members of The South Pacific Security Council must reduce their endorsement count to the normal limit if requested to do so either by the delegate, cabinet or the Assembly.

Section C: Any Member of The South Pacific Security Council can be appointed to or removed from The South Pacific Security Council by the Assembly.

Section D: Members of The South Pacific Security Council are not exempt from the laws against Treason.

<strong class='bbc'>Article VII: Vice Delegacy</strong>

1.? It is the responsibility of the Delegate with approval of the Candidate to propose Vice Delegate Nominations to the Assembly of The South Pacific.? There will be 7 day public hearing in regards to the proposed nominees held in the Assembly.

2.? Followed by the 7 day period a vote in accordance to the procedures of the Assembly will be held in which a 75% majority will be required for the nominee(s) to be accepted as Vice Delegate.

<strong class='bbc'>Article VII:</strong> The Law of Succession / Martial Law shall be repealed from the book of The South Pacific Law, and all references to it in other documents amended.
What if we had midterms once every 2 months and full elections once every 4?
[Image: HuoZhaoDao.png]
I know when this bill was made a while back that it was 6 months and 3 months to coincide with the Cabinet elections. I have no opinion on the matter though.
Couldn't it be cool if they didn't coincide?
[Image: HuoZhaoDao.png]
Quote:Couldn't it be cool if they didn't coincide?
It might be but I would rather just make the term 4 months and not have a midterm confirmation every two then.
Quote:<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="Eluvatar"> Couldn't it be cool if they didn't coincide?
It might be but I would rather just make the term 4 months and not have a midterm confirmation every two then.
</blockquote>

I think a midterm vote should be only called upon by the cabinet if there is some sort of delegate/cabinet problems or when the cabinet thinks the delegate isn't doing his/her job...

Sorry for my terrible wording... It was a very late night last night... Tongue I hope someone can understand my thought process here...

Quote:Article VI, Clause I: The cabinet may with the approval of the Assembly allow certain nations they deem trustworthy to be exempt from too exceed the endorsement limit for an extended period of time for a specific purpose, such as maintaining the security of the region in a time of war the purposes of regional security.
The red part doesn't seem to be worded right to me... A little redundant, imo.... Maybe worded:

Quote:Article VI, Clause I: The cabinet may with the approval of the Assembly allow certain nations they deem trustworthy <strong class='bbc'>to be exempt from the endorsement cap</strong> for an extended period of time for a specific purpose, such as maintaining the security of the region in a time of war the purposes of regional security.
The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Fixed that Rebel-topia. Good catch that one got past the Assembly like that.
Thats usually something that would get past me... Tongue Grammar isnt my strong suite... Tongue

Forum Administrator

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Quote:Grammar isnt my strong suite... Tongue
Well played.
New Southern Army Member
**thumbs up to Antariel**I could have gone all "southern" and said "I aint done do grammar that well good"... Tongue

Forum Administrator