Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Constitutional Idea
Yes, I know I am an evil bastard who is on trial. I don't care about what my reputation will do to these ideas, I think they are good and I care about this region despite my past mistakes which I am now being charged with.

So here it is. I believe this will solve a majority of our problems, and I'll be chased out of here soon anyway so might as well give it a shot. Please read the whole thing and consider. This is really a collection of ideas, so don't bash the organization.

Quote:Preamble: For the basis of understanding this Constitution enumerates four classes of The South Pacific

1. The Resident - Simply having a nation within the South Pacific

2. The Citizen - Having a WA nation within the South Pacific or being in the service of the regional military.

3. The Congressmen - Being a part of the forum

4. The Executor - Being part of the cabinet or the delegacy.

This classes are built on another. One can not be a Congressmen for example, without being a resident.

Now on to the the Constitution.

Article 1

The Resident

1. A resident is any nation/player which resides in the South Pacific, for however long a time. As long as a nation is a resident, they must follow the regional laws or face punishment. Outside of penalties for breaking laws, residents have the following rights/obligations. They do not need to declare these rights, they are inherent and to be enforced by the delegate.

1. To never be ejected from the South Pacific
2. To never have their posts suppressed in the South Pacific
3. To be protected from poaching
4. To never conduct treason on the South Pacific
5. To become a Citizen

2. As the central building block of the South Pacific, the resident much be protected against poaching. The South Pacific must sanction all recruitment drives aimed at residents, those who conduct recruitment of residents without sanction are enemies of the South Pacific and poachers. The South Pacific is a proud feeder and will get its due from UCRs that wish to take its residents.

Article II

The Citizen

1. A citizen is any player/nation with a WA in the region or who is in service to the South Pacific Army. To protect against abuse, WA status in the region must be maintained for 10 days for Citizenship to be certified. A Resident may apply and have the fulls rights of citizenship upon becoming a WA, but if they leave or resign WA before the 10 days certification period, they are barred from ever being a citizen again (or perhaps must wait a period) unless they appeal to the appropriate Executor.

2. All citizens may vote in elections and in the Assembly, be it on the RMB, by telegram, or by becoming a congressmen and joining the forums.

All citizens have the following rights/obligations in addition to their residency rights barring penalties for breaking the law.

1. To be informed of any legislation entering the voting chamber by telegram sent by the appropriate Executor.

2. To have their vote no greater and no less than a Congressmen

3. To vote

4. To adhere to Executor Orders in times of emergency.

5. To join the forums and become a congressmen.

Article III The Congressmen

1. A congressmen is a citizen who has joined the forum. To be a congressmen one must cite their citizen nation. One congressmen per citizen.

2. Congressmen enjoy the added benefits of the forum, specifically in crafting and debating legislation in a set environment. While both Congressmen and Citizen vote, only a Congressmen can push a bill to the voting chamber.

3. Congressmen also can serve many exclusive tasks due to their membership on a forum such as joining the updater side of the army, being ambassadors, being jurors, and serving and running for Executor positions.

4. Any Congressmen can propose a law, and the Congress is governed by the Chair of the Assembly who organizes proposed bills, ensures enough time is given to debate, and ensures it has enough support before moving it to the voting chamber.

5. The Chair of the Assembly must not be an Executor, but has cabinet access. The Chair must inform all citizens of bills coming to the voting chamber, via the means of his office of the appropriate Executor.

6. All congressmen have the following rights/obligations in addition to their citizenship rights barring penalties for breaking the law.

1. To propose and write bills

2. To serve under Executors and in their departments.

3. To never be banned from the forum or have their forum posts altered or suppressed.

4. To Run For Executor Positions

Article IV

The Executor

1. The Executor is headed by the Delegate.

2. The Delegate appoints a Vice Delegate for security purposes, the Vice Delegacy does not command an Executor Department although it is an Executor Position and grants cabinet access. The Vice Delegate may also hold another Executor Position, save the delegacy.

3. With the above exception, one Executor for each of the following jobs.

Delegacy
Vice Delegacy

-------Above Secondary Endo Cap (To be 120-130)--------

Executor of Foreign Affairs - Handles UCR alliances and military alliances, ensures regions are certified before recruiting residents.

Executor of Regional Affairs - Recruitment, Regional Events. This Executor must ensure that recruiting is being done at a constant basis (we have a script now so this is the easy part), edits the recruitment message, welcomes nations, directs them to opportunities.

Executor of the Army - Elected Army leader

Executor of Security- Monitors Endo Cap Compliance, Advises the Delegate on how to handle violators and other concerns.

Executor of Justice- Handles Protests, Arbitrates Disputes, and Selects Jurors.

Executor of Feeder Affairs - Handles relations with other feeders/sinkers.

Executor of the Wardens - Monitors region for violators, ensures no citizenship or voting fraud, helps target adspam, prosecutes violators to the Executor of Justice on behalf of the region. The hip hop police basically.

----------Above Endo Cap (To be 90) ---------------

Minister of Outreach - Responsible for sending mass telegrams to all -citizens- of bills coming to the Voting Chamber (must be informed by Chair) and to send out updates of other Executors. Must not use this position for personal messages our outside means. Besides the Delegate who has the power to send his own mass messages, these are the only mass messages allowed in the South Pacific. All else is considered scam as it could easily be fraud on a dangerous scale.
?
------------------------------------

All Executors can appoint deputies and arrange their departments as they see fit save for the Army, Security, and Justice which is governed in more detailed law that can be written later if anyone actually likes this.

All Executors are elected to 3 month terms save for the Delegate which is a 6 month term with a 3 month confirmation.

At a month and only a month into a term of an Executor, a vote of no confidence can be held to remove them. Saving that, only abandonment and impeachment can be brought to Justice to remove an Executor. It Justice is the Executor being protested, the Delegate assumed his duties and arbitrates.

All Executors must be between the first and secondary endo cap unless they are serving in the SPA, save for outreach who is really just a slave Tongue

At the start of new Executor terms, the delegate organizes a line of succession for delegacy duties in case of an Emergency that sees both the Delegate and Vice Delegate incapacitated.

Executors get two (or maybe three votes) in the Voting Chamber. Executors can not serve as members of any jury.
Well there it is. I think for one this stops the region whoring, mandates we have some spine with recruiters, and fixes other things like WAs being generally ignorant about what is going on.

I'm not sure so about spamming them everytime a new law comes up so maybe mandate it is on the RMB not in telegrams, but the essential point is the same. Also add more positions to cabinet level because if we really get nice and big like I know we have the potential for, then we could use some.

For the Army I would have the elected head and a general by merit who is not elected and is the only general, then the ranks also set in stone as base ranks, but the Army head is free to add more, just not abolish the base ranks.

For Justice I would have one to start and three get phased in when our numbers grow.

Speaking of phasing in, some Executors wouldn't exist until we were big enough like Security would be under Army like it is now, Wardens wouldn't exist, Outreach would be done but not recognized. These would all be phased in if the Regional Affairs does its job.

I also think the delegate should have the power to draft citizens in the army for certain missions, or atleast ask them to move w/o them being in the actual army a distinction will have to be made.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, I like others am sick of seeing people who have about zero investment in the region be able to waddle in and vote. This system acknowledges there should be building blocks, and protects against region whoring. You want to vote? Show me you are endorsing the delegate and keeping our region strong, or that you are at least at the will of the Army.

You want to take office? Then stand up and do the same. I don't think we need a conflict of interest law, we need to recognize you shouldn't be able to be an Executor or Minister before having actually endorsed the delegate for a while or served in the army.

Sorry this is so long and has no formatting.
:ele:

Oh yeah about the poaching, I don't think we have to be asses about it. But I think any region that wants to recruit from us should have to pledge a couple of WAs or something to our delegate in a time of need, or be on call once a month or something. We could write a standard document for regions that want to recruit from us to sign. It would not apply to our fellow feeders.
Minister sounds nicer than Executor Tongue Just sayin'.Am considering the rest.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Quote:At the start of new Executor terms, the delegate organizes a line of succession for delegacy duties in case of an Emergency that sees both the Delegate and Vice Delegate incapacitated.
I like this bit, makes some sense to have a line of succession written down somewhere.

Sorry for quoting so much in the next bit (without the appropriate bits and pieces (if this post is edited it was me putting them in):

Quote:Executor of Justice- Handles Protests, Arbitrates Disputes, and Selects Jurors . ? Executor of the Wardens - Monitors region for violators, ensures no citizenship or voting fraud, helps target adspam, prosecutes violators to the Executor of Justice on behalf of the region. The hip hop police basically .? At a month and only a month into a term of an Executor, a vote of no confidence can be held to remove them. Saving that, only abandonment and impeachment can be brought to Justice to remove an Executor. It Justice is the Executor being protested, the Delegate assumed his duties and arbitrates. ? Executors get two (or maybe three votes) in the Voting Chamber. Executors can not serve as members of any jury.
These suggestions need to be considered in relation to the other constitutional reform that is taking place in regards to a Superior Court (see <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=10453&hl='>Judicial Reform</a> ).

As for the rest, and the whole thing, give me time to think.
Quote:Minister sounds nicer than Executor Tongue Just sayin'.
And I agree with this.