Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topid
Topid has been banned from the forums for launching an unendorsement campaign against Escade.

A wise move.

Nothing Ventured
, Nothing Gained

Was this action done on behalf of the government?

While I believe the Code of Laws calls such acts treason, shouldn't there be a trial of some kind first before he is banned? Also - I believe the law states he should be banned from the in-game region too. Has this been done as well?

TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

From the old TSP Boards....
Quote:
Punk D
May 17 2004, 06:07 AM Post #1
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*needing validation that 1977 was not that long ago*

He's not a citizen or native of TSP, having made it very clear he's left the region. This was an administrative ban of someone in the midst of an un-endorsement campaign.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Quote:He's not a citizen or native of TSP, having made it very clear he's left the region. This was an administrative ban of someone in the midst of an un-endorsement campaign.
I'm not a fan of this logic because it crosses responsibilities between administrating a forum and in-game consequences. I feel the appropriate governmental authorities should have initiated this move. Seeing Escade's TG, I doubt she'd disagree with this move, but I think that it should have been a government action not administrator action. 

Just my opinion. 
TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

Quote:
Punk D
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*Shrugs*

If he's not a citizen, he has no real protection under the law anyway, no?

Nothing Ventured
, Nothing Gained

[quote name="Punk D" post="117098" timestamp="1392638486"][quote name="Belschaft" post="117097" timestamp="1392635724"]He's not a citizen or native of TSP, having made it very clear he's left the region. This was an administrative ban of someone in the midst of an un-endorsement campaign.[/quote]
I'm not a fan of this logic because it crosses responsibilities between administrating a forum and in-game consequences. I feel the appropriate governmental authorities should have initiated this move. Seeing Escade's TG, I doubt she'd disagree with this move, but I think that it should have been a government action not administrator action.

Just my opinion. [/quote]

Topid is not a citizen of the region and has not had a nation in the region for a long time. There is nobody Escade can ban and he can't be tried, so this move can only be administrative.

This is...bad. Um...yeah.
I am a devout Christian and an avid Star Wars fan!!!

Political compass:

Libertarian/Authoritarianism: 0.0
Economic left/right: -3.25

I'm actually a mix of centre-left/right and centrist politics. Don't always use my political compass to define me.

Oh, yeah. This.

[Image: BNN_zps2f807b8b.png]

Honestly, I have no idea what else to say!
He's committed full out treason more than once already, and is without a doubt a security risk. And as he is not only not a citizen, but not even a resident of TSP, he does not possess the rights granted by the Charter.

As well, Treason is punishable by a ban from both the forums and site. And while this is arguably still treading the line, the Evidence A, the telegram, he sent me violates half the items listed under treason and is hardly open to interpretation.
If we attacked his region first and then he responded like this, that's not how I'd define treason. I'd define that as self-defense.

[redacted]

But since he leaked NSA information first...he made his own bed.

TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

Quote:
Punk D

Quote:If we attacked his region first and then he responded like this, that's not how I'd define treason. I'd define that as self-defense.

[redacted]

But since he leaked NSA information first...he made his own bed.

Even if it's not treason, it's an act of war and he shouldn't be allowed on the forums.
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu