Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin Team Shakeup
Frankly, this is a bunch of BS. Belschaft, you were wrong to incite an "uprising" against Hileville. Southern Bellz, you were wrong to call Hileville a child. This is clearly an emotional situation for everybody, and last thing any of you should have done was react the way all of you did. What this situation called far was a calm discussion in private with all the invested parties, not this bullshit public mud-slinging.

Yes, there are problems with unilaterally removing all of the administration team. Hileville obviously has his reasons, and I refuse to believe that it is solely because of a disagreement over Belschaft, or that he concocted an inactivity cover-up story. There are clearly communication problems, but you don't fix communication problems by yelling past each other and making ultimatums.

The Cabinet, at the very least, should have been consulted about a drastic change, and those who were removed should have been afforded the opportunity to voice their grievances. However, it is dumb to expect that admins will vote for their own removal. There is clearly an activity deficit from many admins, and these forums have had more admins then needed for a long time now. It is reasonable for Hileville to remove inactive admins. Based on the data available, that means almost all admins.

Whatever happened with Belschaft is a separate issue. There were obviously some serious things going on, things that Hileville felt were serious enough to warrant Belschaft's removal from the team. Perhaps he should have consulted the rest of the team, and brought in neutral arbiters. But hindsight is 20/20. Where we go from here is a neutral and independent review of what's happened, not demands from Belschaft to reinstate all the removed admins and wait a week for... something that's not been fleshed out to happen.

I implore Hileville to not leave the community. There are several sides to this story, but so far we've only heard the sides of those who were removed. I don't want to see somebody who has committed so much be driven out by vicious attacks on his characters. That's not how we do things in this region. Hileville has spent a lot of money supporting these forums, and frankly TSP has the best forums of all the GCRs because of it. It would be a shame for this highly emotional and intense situation to drive him out of the region, after so many years, when we could all just take a breather and discuss this in a managed way.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

Quote:No, no, no, no, no! No! This is NOT how this is going to go down!

What happened? We're trying to reach to some sort of common ground. We're not taking our marbles and going home.

Everyone involved in this discussion has been a valued member of TSP and will continue to be after this spat. That's it. End of story.
U see no way of reaching common ground. I'm not changing my views and Bel won't be changing his. This us just going to cause me more grief that I have no desire to put on my plate anymore.
I thought we were moving along splendidly, actually. If we have moderation rules with input from the community, this seems like an ideal situation to me.

We're still in the heat of this. As I said -- we're all friends. We're all going to still be friends after this blows over.

===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

There isn't a solution here Tsu, not that I can see. Hile will not reverse the removal of practically the whole admin team. That absolutely has to happen, and as such we're stuck.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Agreed

I hate how this is ending, but Bel is right. If Hile no longer wants to host, he doesn't have to. 

Many equestrienne. Such Mammal. Wow. 10/10 would ride.

The only alternative I see is if that if Hillevile will agree to a week moratorium on action that we discussed earlier. I'm more than happy to let the issue drop for a week, and resume negotiations with tempers a little more in check.

I don't think "firing" Hileville as board host is an ideal solution. He has put alot work into this community. That being said, it must be understood that the root admin works for the community, and not the other way around. If it is impossible for this principle to exist under Hileville, perhaps changes are needed.

Anyway, that's all I got.

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Crisis! Crisis! TSP may not have forums anymore! Noooooo! I understand that Hile dosen't wanna host it, but who's gonna host the forums?! Who?!
Long live TSP and Cake!

:cake:
[Image: Ryccia.png]
Ryccian Coat of Arms

Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-Present)
People, stop making hasty decisions. I've seen a lot of it lately from people with a bit of power around here and it is NOT the way to go. As was mentioned a page or so back, the best thing for everyone to do is to take a step back and calm down. More on this later.

I don't know the full story behind Hileville sacking Belschaft as an admin. I'm actually fine with that - it's not necessarily my place to know - as long as both parties do, and probably the other admins. I am hoping this is the case, and if not, it probably should be. If there is a genuine reason, which there probably is, this may have been a reasonable action to take. If it is just a personality clash, or a disagreement over a particular issue - maybe it wasn't. Not sure that sending a TG to every nation in the region about this was the right way to go Bels, plenty of people on the NS site don't care about the forums and it probably should have been kept to the forums - the TG you sent just makes everyone involved look bad (including yourself actually). As I don't know the full story though behind your dismissal, I'm not going to comment on this one any further, and it is not my place to do so.

I can understand wanting to share admin tasks and if others aren't pulling their weight, it might be best to take them off the admin staff. As I mentioned on the RMB last night though, sacking someone without notice and without right of reply is not generally good practice. Another hasty decision. You probably should have explained that it was going to happen Hile due to people not pulling their weight - I would be annoyed if I was sacked without notice too, so I can see how this has all blown up.

My thoughts - people should think before acting. Is this something people every person in the region needs to know before sending a TG? Is it the right thing to do to sack someone without warning? These are not the only hasty actions I've seen around here lately from people in power. Sure you may not agree with something someone says - this happens all the time. Don't abuse the power people have given you though because of it - talk it out reasonably and if they won't listen - give them a bit of time to cool down. Follow processes that are in place. Yes, there are times to take action, there have also been some times lately when these actions shouldn't have been taken.

Where to in my opinion? Keep the status quo FOR NOW. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Discuss this like adults in a reasonable fashion. Acknowledge both sides may have made hasty decisions. I wouldn't say Hile needs to reinstate the admins, but he should give them a fair chance over the next few days to state why they should keep their position if they hadn't been doing their job properly (I don't know if this IS the case or not - I don't have this info). I'm sure the current admin team are capable of running these forums until this can be sorted out and I suggest we keep this admin team until the situation is a bit more settled. I'm hoping Hile will be fair and reasonable and if any of the admins that were removed can put forward a good case as to why they should be kept on, they can be reinstated. I do agree that being an admin does have responsibilities though and I hope that the admins we do have once this is all sorted fulfill their role as they should and not just use it as an honorary position. Set some guidelines (if there isn't already) for admin's roles and how to handle the dismissal of administration staff (which has not been done well on this occasion). Most of all, don't let this kind of thing happen again - nobody wants to see it.

Dear TSPers,

I will be locking this thread temporarily while cooler heads talk together and work out a solution. 

Let me just reassure you that this small conflict will be resolved and the entire community will be able to follow the resolution and partake in it. 

Thank you very much for your positive thoughts and contributions,

Escade

EDIT:  An Assembly discussion is taking place here http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/...dmin-team/.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific