Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin Team Shakeup
Nor do we anymore. We find out what is happening when Hileville does it. That's rather the problem.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
As I've said elsewhere -- it's the unilaterness that is the problem.

The current admins are happy to help when we know what needs to be done.
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

I respect Escade so if Escade is "attacked" I'll be sad. Even if we have different opinions I respect her. That's why Im going to leave this discussion until Escade is out of here. I do not want to offend her.
Long live TSP and Cake!

:cake:
[Image: Ryccia.png]
Ryccian Coat of Arms

Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Planning and Development Agency(March 8-Present)
I'll point out, because I imagine Hileville is unwilling to warn them at this time, that this behavior would normally count as flamebaiting:

Quote:You're not a dictator, you're a child
. After years of working with us, instead of talking privately about an issue, you make a self righteous statement about it.

The fact that every single member of the admin team that you removed has more actions than the one you kept shows how full of cr
ap you are

Quote:Hile I am sensing frustration. Understandable. HOWEVER that does NOT give you the right to do as YOU see fit because you can. News flash Hile, this just in: YOU CAN'T. You are a big promoter of rule following and yet you just broke pies knows how many in an act of what? A hissy fit
because you weren't getting what you wanted? If you are so sure that all of your so called requests for help went ignored why not call out and say to the rest of us to throw a fit? Instead of just dumping them, call for it with reasons like you're supposed to. Act like an Admin Hile, not like a six year old who doesn't wanna share his pie

Let's try to cool the personal remarks down here. I believe Hileville is doing what he's doing out of good intentions. Hileville has explained in general terms to me, why he is pursuing the ban on Belschaft and why he can't release information on the subject -- as a leader elsewhere, I've been put in the same sort of situation, where I had to consider issues of privacy v. transparency, I just want to say I think Hileville is doing what he thinks is right here and while others are free to debate the need for more transparency and how this was conducted, this is probably really stressful on Hileville just as I am sure it is stressful on Belschaft, SB, HEM and others. Let's try to keep the flamebaiting down, please. That's all.  

Hileville and the other admins are in a weak situation where they probably would have a hard time legitimately moderating this debate - so let's try to keep it clean for them.

Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

I don't really know what attacks you're talking about. Ive never attacked you for wanting to vote or discuss something. I'm sorry if someone did.

I'm doing my best to be open with the region with what happened.

I logged on to the admin cp to do NSA making and to send a masking wide PM only to see my access out of wack.

I found out about this the same way as the rest of the region. The thing is, I would have been more than willing to step down as admin if just approached about it. I'm also willing to step up more as my term winds down.

I was honestly shocked to see the whole team removed. I know all of these guys for years, and know they are not lazy. We all don't have IT degrees, but admining is more than that. Rebel for example has given admin warnings to cool off in the assembly. I brought issuing more warnings a month before the ban without a warning.

I think it was a good job for me as admin to stand up for Unibot. Here is someone I argue with more than anyone, yet I viewed it as my role of being an admin to advocate his unbanning.

So I'm a bit hurt too, because I am easy to work with if something needs to change. But there wasn't even an attempt to be work with me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Quote:I'll point out, because I imagine Hileville is unwilling to warn them at this time, that this behavior would normally count as flamebaiting:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
You're not a dictator, you're a child
. After years of working with us, instead of talking privately about an issue, you make a self righteous statement about it.

The fact that every single member of the admin team that you removed has more actions than the one you kept shows how full of cr
ap you are

Quote:Hile I am sensing frustration. Understandable. HOWEVER that does NOT give you the right to do as YOU see fit because you can. News flash Hile, this just in: YOU CAN'T. You are a big promoter of rule following and yet you just broke pies knows how many in an act of what? A hissy fit
because you weren't getting what you wanted? If you are so sure that all of your so called requests for help went ignored why not call out and say to the rest of us to throw a fit? Instead of just dumping them, call for it with reasons like you're supposed to. Act like an Admin Hile, not like a six year old who doesn't wanna share his pie

Let's try to cool the personal remarks down here. I believe Hileville is doing what he's doing out of good intentions. Hileville has explained in general terms to me, why he is pursuing the ban on Belschaft and why he can't release information on the subject -- as a leader elsewhere, I've been put in the same sort of situation, where I had to consider issues of privacy v. transparency, I just want to say I think Hileville is doing what he thinks is right here and while others are free to debate the need for more transparency and how this was conducted, this is probably really stressful on Hileville just as I am sure it is stressful on Belschaft, SB, HEM and others. Let's try to keep the flamebaiting down, please. That's all.  

Hileville and the other admins are in a weak situation where they probably would have a hard time legitimately moderating this debate - so let's try to keep it clean for them.

</blockquote>
Wonderful. So Hile's explained the issue to you, but not to a single member of the admin team.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Unibot" data-cid="121466" data-time="1395421903">
<div>
I'll point out, because I imagine Hileville is unwilling to warn them at this time, that this behavior would normally count as flamebaiting:

ap you are

</blockquote>
Wonderful. So Hile's explained the issue to you, but not to a single member of the admin team.

</div>
</blockquote>
I provided Unibot with the same basic run down I provided the rest of admins.  Unless you were provided snapshots of the admin PM convo then you have no idea what was told to them.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Belschaft" data-cid="121468" data-time="1395422094">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Unibot" data-cid="121466" data-time="1395421903">
<div>

ap you are

</blockquote>

</div>
</blockquote>
I provided Unibot with the same basic run down I provided the rest of admins.  Unless you were provided snapshots of the admin PM convo then you have no idea what was told to them.

</div>
</blockquote>
I know what the rest of the admin team told me. And that was that they got absolutely no explanation worth talking about from you.

After multiple discussions I have decided to continue offering hosting the forums.  I will not restore admin powers to any of those removed at this time.  If those unhappy with it want to initiate the process to move forums you can do so by submitting a Charter amendment.

Until such a time forum moderation will handle all moderation issues of this forum.  I will be counting on Raven, GR, Tsu, DM, Kris, and Escade to issue any warnings that are deemed needed in accordance with the current form moderation policy.

Why you were informed Uni, and not the people involved is an issue. Unless I'm missing something, you're not an admin nor do you hold any sway in cabinet. What say the reason for YOU to know things us civilian folks can't?. Not to mention if it's so not up for discussion why you get brought in to begin with. And as for my "flame batting" I don't find his remarks or actions justified. He has been brought to task numorous times and has not replied. So yes that's how I feel he is acting. And before you get all defensive Uni, think carefully about your own actions before you quote others.
This is my suggestion:

1. Hile takes some time off and we all try to relax. Let's give him a week at least before we do anything drastic.

2. When Hile previously made some errors in judgement, he corrected them when the Assembly and community discussed. Let's give him a chance to hear what we think is the best course of action. He is a good person and losing him would be a detriment to TSP.

3. Within the next week we discuss the administration and moderation issue. 

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Quote:Why you were informed Uni, and not the people involved is an issue. Unless I'm missing something, you're not an admin nor do you hold any sway in cabinet

If you had decided to strike a civil conversation in private with Hileville, as opposed to hammering him in public, you may have found (as I did) he was willing to discuss with you (as a concerned citizen) what he talked to me about and what he also told the admins. I understand why Hileville isn't willing to speak about it willy-nilly. There are privacy concerns here. 

I think Escade's is a relatively sound suggestion; Hile takes a week or so off, we reset the clock back to before this issue began - but I would suggest keeping Glen and Kris on as admins to help with the technical aspects and general workload - and when Hile gets back we see how things lie.

Quote:I think Escade's is a relatively sound suggestion; Hile takes a week or so off, we reset the clock back to before this issue began - but I would suggest keeping Glen and Kris on as admins to help with the technical aspects and general workload - and when Hile gets back we see how things lie.

I'll add to this and say I think there should be an informal moratorium on us pursuing CSS removals for Belschaft for his response to this too.

Let's try to counter what mad drama we may get up to in the heat of the moment, by saying.. let's all take a break to some degree on this issue for a week. After some time passes we may feel differently on the issue then we do now. 

That is indeed a great idea. I do hope all of us can think reasonably about this once we have thought things through.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
At this point, everyone who wants to work towards peace will be fine with tsunamy standing in as the neutral representative and handling administration issues for this one week.

The rest of us let's take a week, discuss among the community and figure out where to go from here. 

Everyone who is involved in the more contentious aspects needs to take a deep breath and avoid trying to force anything.  Applying to much force breaks things, it doesn't fix them. 

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

I will not be taking a break nor will I be restoring admin access for anyone that was removed.
Quote:After multiple discussions I have decided to continue offering hosting the forums.  I will not restore admin powers to any of those removed at this time.  If those unhappy with it want to initiate the process to move forums you can do so by submitting a Charter amendment.

Until such a time forum moderation will handle all moderation issues of this forum.  I will be counting on Raven, GR, Tsu, DM, Kris, and Escade to issue any warnings that are deemed needed in accordance with the current form moderation policy.

Okiedoke, do I get to torture people with glitter is that only a privelege that Escade gets?
[center][Image: FF9LRsig.png][/center]
Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Hileville" data-cid="121483" data-time="1395423055">
After multiple discussions I have decided to continue offering hosting the forums.  I will not restore admin powers to any of those removed at this time.  If those unhappy with it want to initiate the process to move forums you can do so by submitting a Charter amendment.

Okiedoke, do I get to torture people with glitter is that only a privelege that Escade gets?</blockquote>
*gives Raven the torture glitter*

Quote:I will not be taking a break nor will I be restoring admin access for anyone that was removed.

It's a smart move. It'll give both sides to "cool down", and maybe a compromise can be made. It's a bad move to remove the majority of admins, in any situation. What's even worse is they apparently haven't even heard why they were removed. That's a good first step in fixing this huge issue.
Many equestrienne. Such Mammal. Wow. 10/10 would ride.

No it really isn't. I have no problem talking with individually but SB and HEM made it pretty clear they want no conversation to take place last night on IRC.

If this community believes these decision were wrong I will understand and do everything in my power to make a forum move as easy as possible.
So may we assume that our options remain 1; We move forums 2; We do what you tell us?

I've spoken to some people involved today and will be on IRC tonight to speak to others. I'm very sure that we can work something out.

I have got to attend to real life, peace and community. 

Escade

Delegate

The South Pacific

Quote:So may we assume that our options remain 1; We move forums 2; We do what you tell us?
I'm not restoring admins so you can spin that however you please. I will however be working with the new admin team to codify policies and move forward with the new mod procedures.
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Belschaft" data-cid="121508" data-time="1395426116">
So may we assume that our options remain 1; We move forums 2; We do what you tell us?
I'm not restoring admins so you can spin that however you please. I will however be working with the new admin team to codify policies and move forward with the new mod procedures.

</blockquote>
I think it's fairly apparent that the region does not recognize this new admin team as being legitimate.

Please guys, can't we really just take a short break, think things through, and then come back and talk like adults?

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate