Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Regarding the nomination of CSS members
Article 6, Section 1 of the Charter of the South Pacific states:

"4. Committee for State Security members may be proposed by the Delegate to the Assembly."

Does this only apply only to the delegate, or can citizens also propose members? Because so far as I can see, nothing prohibits it, but nothing allows it. It's awfully vague. 

The
Coalition
of
the
South
Pacific

Ambassador to 10000 Islands, Europeia, and Canada

Former ambassador to The East Pacific

From IRC:

[18:56:18] <Hile|away> The way the law was written allowed for either the Delegate to nominate or the citizen wanting a spot on the CSS can directly go to the Assembly to apply.  It was not written with non-Delegate/Citizen Applying nominations in mind. 

Quote:From IRC:

[18:56:18] <Hile|away> The way the law was written allowed for either the Delegate to nominate or the citizen wanting a spot on the CSS can directly go to the Assembly to apply.  It was not written with non-Delegate/Citizen Applying nominations in mind. 

Oh sorry, didn't see that. May I ask why citizens can't nominate a member though? 
The
Coalition
of
the
South
Pacific

Ambassador to 10000 Islands, Europeia, and Canada

Former ambassador to The East Pacific

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Hileville" data-cid="117040" data-time="1392595297">
<div>
From IRC:

Oh sorry, didn't see that. May I ask why citizens can't nominate a member though? 

</div>
</blockquote>
When I wrote that section I really didn't think of it that way.  It wasn't intentionally left out as it never really crossed my mind.