Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An overdue explantion
As some of you - mainly Unibot - are aware, I have a history of psychological issues, mainly insomnia but also, to a lesser degree, clinical depression. Obviously this is not something I like talking about, either in real life or online. For the last month or so real world pressures have forced me to maintain a certain level of productivity, but since the end of NOTTSMUN I have suffered what I can only term a mental collapse. For the last week I've been in London, not Nottingham, mainly so I could talk over a number of things with my family and also with my therapist. The short story is that I am, both on a mental and physical level, exhausted. Things I once found fun - NS among them - now seem like chores, and have contributed to a state of lethargy I have been in for quite some time now. Whether or not I will be returning to University next week I do not yet know, I will be deciding that over this weekend. In the meantime, I am not fit to run a minor defensive mission, never mind a region.I never particularly wanted to be Delegate, either here or anywhere. I only ran because the state the region was in when Topid resigned was not great, and I felt like I was the best - perhaps only - candidate who could have fixed the problem. Most of what I set out to do I have been able to to, but not all. There were a number of things I wanted to do that I have not, but I no longer have the energy or the desire to attempt them.I will not be seeking reselection as Delegate, or election to any other role for that matter, any time soon. I will probably be leaving NS, perhaps permanently; I have unfinished business in a number of places, including the WA, that I still want to do and may return to do at a later date. That will be decided by my mental state however.I am very sorry for letting you all down, and will attempt to close all final business that needs doing - ie, getting in a couple of new EC's - today or tomorrow.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Furthermore;I would greatly appreciate if this does not leave this sub-forum. I would rather people think of me as a shit Delegate than this element of my personnel life enter common knowledge.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
I totally understand Bel, don't worry about it. If there is anything that I can do, irregardless of how trivial it may be, to help you, don't hesitate to tell me.
Understood, sorry to hear about this. Sad
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Consider the BP problem ended. Having considered your situation, I feel it only fair to reveal myself and end the concern. Won't be couping either; have pulled my WA.I won't be causing any more chaos. Good luck in the future, everyone.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Focus on feeling better. Love you Bels!You did right by us for the most part IMO.
I have enjoyed working with you and hope that you are able to get better as time goes on.