Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exec.Policy on Criminal Groups
With the passage of the Criminal Regions and Organizations Act, the region is stuck with a very vague article in our Charter that can easily be abused by emotional and reactive majorities to punish groups they don't like. I'm strongly urging the Cabinet to pass an Executive Policy limiting what types of groups we (and future Cabinets) should target and when it's appropriate to do so.

I believe the following characteristics must be present in a group targeted by the act:
  • Declared hostile intent towards TSP, that severely threatens the security of the region.
  • Actual hostility towards TSP, that severely threatens the security of the region.
  • Past military or (numerous) clandestine attacks, and the likelihood of those occurring in the future.
In other words, the new law should only be targeted towards those groups that pose serious military or intelligence threats to the "territorial integrity" (ie, the Delegate seat) of the region. Also, I don't think the Cabinet should approve of any CSS suggestion (or make any suggestion ourselves) for targeting groups for the actions of individuals, particularly when those actions don't represent a systemic hostility towards the region. That would prevent a kind of "doubling up" on punishments -- trying the individual in our judicial system, and punishing the group(s) to which the individual belongs.

What do you guys think?

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

FYI, I'm fairly sure this is not legal according to Article 5.1.6 of the Charter;

"The Cabinet may adopt Executive Policy in cases where no law exists; Executive Policy may not conflict with the Charter, Bill of Rights, or Code of Law."

Law exists in regards to this matter - Article 9 - and as such the Cabinet may not adopt Executive Policy on this matter.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
The law states that the Cabinet (and the CSS) "may request the Assembly designate regions and organizations deemed hostile to The South Pacific as Criminal Groups." It does not dictate when, how, and why such requests are made. The executive policy I'm proposing seeks to fill in the terminal vagueness of your law, by telling the Assembly when, how, and why we would make those requests. There is no conflict with that and the Charter.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I think your better off changing the law than making cabinet policy on it...

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Yes, I was going to state that. Sorry, it's been a busy week.  I'd suggest revising the amendment. 

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I'm currently seeking input to refine Article 9.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Unless the law is amended to clearly define the target groups, I believe an executive policy is necessary to reign in potential abuse.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk