Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The United Defenders League Treaty
I was thinking the treaty would be a basic security and defence programme, the South Pacific would receive daily analysis for coupers and endorsement threats and this would be reported in a special section of the Ministry of Security and the MoS and the delegate would be contacted in the event of something emergent.On the defence side, the United Defenders League would be legally protected from bad press and accusations of 'wild west intervention', if we intervened to oust an extra-judicial usurper or defended the South Pacific from an extra-judicial usurper.If we believe the delegate of the South Pacific has gone rogue (i.e., extra-judicial and unwanted purging/banning that is clearly against the native will, an individual attempting to deny the native community control over their region), we will risk the bad press ourselves without legal protection, to overthrow the delegate and return it to the native community.I'll emphasis a duty to protect the South Pacific, but as you all know, we're protecting the South Pacific whether we have it in ink or not; the aforementioned clause would just help to eliminate some deterrence for us to intervene (esp. if I'm not the head of the UDL, someone else may be scared of intervening against pressure from .. well, the sinkerite media, lets be honest here. Tongue)I talked to HEM about what the South Pacific could offer in return, could be one of several possibilities, (1) Periodical WFE Advertising, (2) Permission to send a recruitment PM to forum members [one message per forum account], (3) Anything else you can think of, (4) If the South Pacific doesn't want to offer anything some special arrangements could be made simply 'cause I do want to see our region protected.Nonetheless what do we think of the UDL's offers and TSP offer in return?
Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

Sounds good to me. Though the bit about rogue delegates will cause a fuss over definitions.I'd be inclined to concession 1, rather than 2, so we don't sap activity too much. We could put UDL into our foreign updates too.
New Southern Army Member
Longest Serving Delegate of Warzone Australia (271 glorious days, 2012)
Delegate of Warzone Africa (1 day, 2012)
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
TSP Chair of the Assembly (December 2012-April 2013)
Council of State Security Member (April 2013-May 2013)
TSP Deputy Minister of Security (July 2012-April 2013)
TSP Head of Ambassadors (June-July 2011)
South Pacific Army Captain (2011-13)
Founded February 2011 - 2 years of Nationstates and counting!
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Quote:Sounds good to me. Though the bit about rogue delegates will cause a fuss over definitions.

I'd be inclined to concession 1, rather than 2, so we don't sap activity too much. We could put UDL into our foreign updates too.
We won't define rogue delegates at all, the whole topic will just be avoided in the treaty. If we do said intervention, we do it at the risk of our organization's reputation. I think that's only fair. I'm merely pointing out that due to our organization's beliefs, a rogue delegate (who would for all purposes be breaking every extant rule on TSP's book of law) will be deposed barring clear and valid public support.

I don't think anyone on the cabinet presently would have a problem with intervention against the people I'd declare rogue; we're talking about cases like Durk from TNP. Officially elected, but obviously condemnable, dictatorial, extrajudicial and most importantly unsupported.

I'm fine with 1 or 2, I think 1 targets people who <em class='bbc'>may</em> intend on joining our forums, whereas 2 targets people who do contribute on our forums. I'd like to note however that UDL membership and regional membership is supposed to be totally compatible; we're not here to 'destroy' the concept of the region or home region, we're hear to add to the NationStates experience and unite defenders across NationStates. The problem I foresee with 1 is, raiders may target the South Pacific if it is advertising the United Defenders League; whereas forum PMs are little more 'under the radar' so the speak. It's ultimately not my decision and I'm fine with whatever the South Pacific chooses.

Quote:We won't define rogue delegates at all, the whole topic will just be avoided in the treaty.
That was the point I was trying to make Tongue People like definitions. Makes 'em feel safe and whatnot.

RE options; personally I've found people can often, though not always, have problems committing to multiple regions; take HEM at the moment, for example, though that's an extreme case. I know some people can manage it but I think it'd detract from region activity, and taking forum contributors would be far worse for TSP than ordinary members who may not contribute, arguably.

Would welcome other cabinet views so it's not just me and uni Tongue
New Southern Army Member
TSP Minister of Foreign Affairs (September-November 2011, April-May 2013), Deputy (July-September 2011, June 2012-April 2013), and Advisor (January-June 2012)
[spoiler=Whispering Ants][Image: We_so_excited!.gif] for DelegANT 2013!!! [/spoiler]
Quote:RE options; personally I've found people can often, though not always, have problems committing to multiple regions; take HEM at the moment, for example, though that's an extreme case. I know some people can manage it but I think it'd detract from region activity, and taking forum contributors would be far worse for TSP than ordinary members who may not contribute, arguably.
Yeah, I was just pointing out that the UDL isn't a region, so the contributions required by the UDL are different than with a region.

Replace 'region' with in-game activity, in my argument then Tongue
New Southern Army Member
Quote:Replace 'region' with in-game activity, in my argument then Tongue
Fine. Tongue

Really don't like the idea of the UDL recruiting via PM.
Quote:Really don't like the idea of the UDL recruiting via PM.
Okay. Smile The idea certainly isn't for everyone. Some regions prefer that method over WFE advertising. As I said I'm open to whatever TSP wants to offer the UDL.

Antariel, my Chief Herald, Bazlantis is going to be drafting up the treaty in due time.

Please take the opportunity to apply for "Herald" status here: <a class='bbc_url' href='http://s4.zetaboards.com/UDL/topic/8778125/'>http://s4.zetaboards.com/UDL/topic/8778125/</a>

That masking will come in handy as you two draft the treaty. Once you have a treaty drafted you can push it to the Assembly to see if it can be ratified (if this is what is to be done?).

Will do later this week Smile
New Southern Army Member
Quote:Antariel, my Chief Herald, Bazlantis is going to be drafting up the treaty in due time.

Please take the opportunity to apply for "Herald" status here: <a class='bbc_url' href='http://s4.zetaboards.com/UDL/topic/8778125/'>http://s4.zetaboards.com/UDL/topic/8778125/</a>

That masking will come in handy as you two draft the treaty. Once you have a treaty drafted you can push it to the Assembly to see if it can be ratified (if this is what is to be done?).
*cough*

*would like to see any proposed treaty long before it finds itself on the assembly floor*

*cough*
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
It will be going here first Tongue
New Southern Army Member
Quote:<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' > Antariel, my Chief Herald, Bazlantis is going to be drafting up the treaty in due time.

*cough*

*would like to see any proposed treaty long before it finds itself on the assembly floor*

*cough*
</blockquote> You already have viewing permission to that side of the UDL forum. Tongue

Ant doesn't.

Cos I'm mega busy, and the MPA is currently eating my on-game time.
New Southern Army Member
Quote:Cos I'm mega busy, and the MPA is currently eating my on-game time.
*hugs* Get to it when you can! Smile

Might have a chance this w/e
New Southern Army Member