Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good Quotes in gneral
This thread is just to post quotes we like in general so that we don't post them on the TSP quotes thread.

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”- John Wayne

Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Communications and Integration Agency (March 8, 2014-March 20, 2014)
"Never say goodbye. If you don't say goodbye, then you aren't really gone. You, are just not here right now"-Агент Каролина

(Warning, if you translate that name there will be RVB season 10 spoilers)  

I don't believe in pessimism. If something doesn't come up the way you want, forge ahead. If you think it's going to rain, it will. - Clint Eastwood 
Deputy Minister of the Regional Affairs of the Communications and Integration Agency (March 8, 2014-March 20, 2014)
"You CAN'T strengthen the Weak by weakening the strong".

-Abraham Lincoln

-The Republic of Griffin Rolleyes Smile Tongue
"If they won't listen to reason then they are fools, you should eat them" -Urdnot Wrex, Mass Effect.

"I think we can all agree, the past is over"

-George W. Bush

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manger. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemon's! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon. That burns your house down!"- Cave Johnson   

"When god gives you lemons.... FIND A NEW GOD"- Powerthirst advert

"I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation. War is hell."- William Tecumseh Sherman

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

We WILL NOT be overthrown by any enemy, as long as we don't fear it.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
“Do not free a camel of the burden of his hump; you may be freeing him from being a camel.” -G.K. Chesterton.
I am a devout Christian and an avid Star Wars fan!!!

Political compass:

Libertarian/Authoritarianism: 0.0
Economic left/right: -3.25

I'm actually a mix of centre-left/right and centrist politics. Don't always use my political compass to define me.

Oh, yeah. This.

[Image: BNN_zps2f807b8b.png]

Honestly, I have no idea what else to say!
“Do not waste time bothering whether you 'love' your neighbor; act as if you did.”-C.S. Lewis.

Political compass:

I'm actually a mix of centre-left/right and centrist politics. Don't always use my political compass to define me.

Oh, yeah. This.

“Reason is the presupposition of faith, and faith is the fulfillment of reason.”-Paul Tillich.

Political compass:

Oh, yeah. This.

"I HAVE TO BLOW EVERYTHING UP!!! IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO PROVE I'M NOT CRAZY!!!"-Gordon Freeman, Freeman's Mind

"Is my education on electromagnetism wrong, or is the WORLD wrong...?"-Gordon Freeman, Freeman's Mind
It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things. -Leonardo da Vinci
"Don't try to fine-tune somebody else's view." -George Herbert Walker Bush

"Love is only possible – yes is only possible – in a world where you can say no. Why did He do it? Why did He take the risk? Love and the possibility of love are valuable enough.”-John Lennox

Political compass:

Oh, yeah. This.

Quote:“I don’t understand how come you’re gone, man. I don’t understand why half the world is still crying, man, when the other half of the world is still crying too, man, and it can’t get it together. I mean, if you got a cat for one day, man–I mean, if you, say, say, maybe you want a cat for 365 days, right–you ain’t got him for 365 days, you got him for one day, man. Well I tell you that one day, man, better be your life. Because, you know, you can say, oh man, you can cry about the other 364, man, but you’re gonna lose that one day, man, and that’s all you’ve got. You gotta call that love, man. That’s what it is, man. If you got it today you don’t want it tomorrow, man, ’cause you don’t need it, ’cause as a matter of fact, as we discovered on the train, tomorrow never happens, man. It’s all the same fucking day, man.”
-Janis Joplin

It's a long, rambling one, but a good one anyways.
Eight legs good, six legs bad.

- my spin on George Orwell.
Strolling punster from Canada
^I read Animal Farm last year

The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.- Theodore Roosevelt

“The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected. Even when the revolutionist might himself repent of his revolution, the traditionalist is already defending it as part of his tradition. Thus we have two great types -- the advanced person who rushes us into ruin, and the retrospective person who admires the ruins. He admires them especially by moonlight, not to say moonshine. Each new blunder of the progressive or prig becomes instantly a legend of immemorial antiquity for the snob. This is called the balance, or mutual check, in our Constitution.” -G.K. Chesterton.

Political compass:

Oh, yeah. This.

"The greatest cause of verbicide (the murder of a word) is the fact that most people are far more anxious to express their approval and disapproval of words than to describe them."-C.S. Lewis.

Political compass:

Oh, yeah. This.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.- Aristotle
There are three types of people in this world. Those that know how to count and those that don't.

-Unkown

​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)