Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A point to discuss
Like i say in the RMB i would like to propose a motion to the assembly.After every election from now on the contender that come second in the election should be appointed vice-delegate unless he refuses.This could also apply to a third one if the second and third most less voted are near the elected delegate. If not only the second one should be able to be appointed vice-delegate.Also with this law the former vice-delegates should also resign from office if the delegate they served under loses the election.Exceptions should be made if the second most voted dont intend to be appointed vice-delegate. In this case if a third contender exist he should be appointed if he agrees.If none of the conditions above exist only in this ocasion the former vice-delegate should be keeped in place.Exception: if he dont accept it. Then the elected delegate should have the power to bring a proposal to the assembly and will propose two names then the assembly will choose one of them.This is only a draft please tell me what do you think?
Quote:The Law of the Vice Delegate

The Delegate is to provide stability for the region. To aid in this, in case of the incapacitation or disappearance of the Delegate, the Delegate must appoint a Vice Delegate.

The Office of Vice Delegate holds no power. The Vice Delegate may hold another office, elected or appointed, in the Government

I. Requirements to assume the position of Vice Delegate

1.Must be a resident nation of the South Pacific.  They do not have to be a member of the offsite forums, although this is preferable.

2.The Vice Delegate is bound by the Law of Succession

3.The Vice Delegate is obligated to uphold the same principles as the Delegate, as outlined in the Charter

II. Appointment of Vice Delegate.

1.The Delegate will name candidates to Cabinet

2.After discussions with Cabinet, the candidate will be approached by the Delegate.

3.If the candidate responds favorably, the Delegate must post an open thread in the Assembly of the South Pacific, and a link to this thread in the World Factbook Entry, stating the name and credentials of the nation.  All resident nations of the South Pacific will be able to post and discuss the proposed appointment.  This thread will be open for a period of ten days

4. At the end of the ten day period of public hearing, as described in Article II, Clause 3 of this law, a vote in the Assembly will be held, lasting for one week. The proposed candidate must be accepted by a 75 % majority vote.

III Responsibilities of the Vice Delegate

1. The Vice Delegate must reach the second-highest endorsement count in the region in timely fashion

2. The Vice Delegate must remain the nation with the second-highest endorsement count in the region, unless a legally valid contest for delegacy is undertaken by any member who is not Vice Delegate or Delegate.

3. The Vice Delegate may only attempt to overtake the delegate when this is requested by the delegate. The endorsement count of the Vice Delegate must always remain below 95 % of the Delegate

4. The Vice Delegate may step down from the office on own initiative. The Vice Delegate shall communicate his decision to the Delegate and the Cabinet a week in advance. After this week, the Vice Delegates shall leave the region until the next game update or resign his nation from the UN.

5. Failure to uphold the responsibilities written down in this law will lead to impeachment of the Vice Delegate. The impeachment will follow the procedure as described in the Charter. On impeachment the Vice Delegate will be temporarily banned from the region until after the next game update.
The above would have to be amended for this. I also see a legality problem with Carta being appointed Vice Delegate already. I like Carta and support him becoming a Vice Delegate, but I believe our laws should be followed first.
The Law of the Vice DelegateThe Delegate is to provide stability for the region. To aid in this, in case of the incapacitation or disappearance of the Delegate, the Delegate must appoint a Vice Delegate.The Office of Vice Delegate holds no power. The Vice Delegate may hold another office, elected or appointed, in the GovernmentI. Requirements to assume the position of Vice Delegate1.Must be a resident nation of the South Pacific. They do not have to be a member of the offsite forums, although this is preferable.2.The Vice Delegate is bound by the Law of Succession3.The Vice Delegate is obligated to uphold the same principles as the Delegate, as outlined in the CharterII. Election of Vice Delegate1. After every election the second most voted should be appointed vice-delegate unless he refuses.1.1 Two vice-delegates could exist if the second and third most voted finish the delegacy run near the elected delegate. 1.2 If the previous situation dont exist only the second most voted could be appointed vice-delegate.2. After every election vice-delegates of the previous defeated administration should resign from office.2.1 A exception will occur if the second most voted refuse the office.2.1.1 In this case if a third contender did exist he should be appointed insted.2.2 If the second and third most voted refuse the former vice-delegate could keep the office for one more term.2.2.1 If the former delegate refuses the appointement the legislation on point III will be put in action.III. On the case of Appointment of a Vice Delegate.1.The Delegate will name candidates to Cabinet and will propose two names in the Assembly of the South Pacific2.After discussions with Cabinet and within the Assembly, the candidates will be approached by the Delegate.3.If the candidates responded favorably, the Delegate must post an open thread in the Assembly of the South Pacific, and a link to this thread in the World Factbook Entry, stating the name and credentials of the nations. All resident nations of the South Pacific will be able to post and discuss the proposed appointments. This thread will be open for a period of ten days in the end of the period a name should appear.4. At the end of the ten day period of public hearing, as described in Article III, Clause 3 of this law, a vote in the Assembly will be held, lasting for one week. The proposed candidate must be accepted by a 75 % majority vote.IV Responsibilities of the Vice Delegate1. The Vice Delegate must reach the second-highest endorsement count in the region in timely fashion2. The Vice Delegate must remain the nation with the second-highest endorsement count in the region, unless a legally valid contest for delegacy is undertaken by any member who is not Vice Delegate or Delegate.3. The Vice Delegate may only attempt to overtake the delegate when this is requested by the delegate. The endorsement count of the Vice Delegate must always remain below 95 % of the Delegate4. The Vice Delegate may step down from the office on own initiative. The Vice Delegate shall communicate his decision to the Delegate and the Cabinet a week in advance. After this week, the Vice Delegates shall leave the region until the next game update or resign his nation from the UN.5. Failure to uphold the responsibilities written down in this law will lead to impeachment of the Vice Delegate. The impeachment will follow the procedure as described in the Charter. On impeachment the Vice Delegate will be temporarily banned from the region until after the next game update.
Made the amendement on my own. Please say your opinions on this.
Can you change the color on what you changed?
II. Election of Vice Delegate1. After every election the second most voted should be appointed vice-delegate unless he refuses.1.1 Two vice-delegates could exist if the second and third most voted finish the delegacy run near the elected delegate.1.2 If the previous situation dont exist only the second most voted could be appointed vice-delegate.2. After every election vice-delegates of the previous defeated administration should resign from office.2.1 A exception will occur if the second most voted refuse the office.2.1.1 In this case if a third contender did exist he should be appointed insted.2.2 If the second and third most voted refuse the former vice-delegate could keep the office for one more term.2.2.1 If the former delegate refuses the appointement the legislation on point III will be put in action.This point is all new and make also some small changes in point III.Sorry i cant change the color.
Quote:The Law of the Vice Delegate

The Delegate is to provide stability for the region. To aid in this, in case of the incapacitation or disappearance of the Delegate, the Delegate must appoint a Vice Delegate.

The Office of Vice Delegate holds no power. The Vice Delegate may hold another office, elected or appointed, in the Government

Article I:  Requirements to assume the position of Vice Delegate

Clause I:  Must be a resident nation of the South Pacific.  They do not have to be a member of the offsite forums, although this is preferable.

Clause II:  The Vice Delegate is obligated to uphold the same principles as the Delegate, as outlined in the Charter

Article II:  Election of Vice Delegate

Clause I:  After every election the second most voted should be appointed vice-delegate unless he refuses.

Section A:  Two vice-delegates could exist if the second and third most voted finish the delegacy run near the elected delegate.

Section B:  If the previous situation dont exist only the second most voted could be appointed vice-delegate.

Clause II:  After every election vice-delegates of the previous defeated administration should resign from office.

Section A:  An exception will occur if the second most voted refuse the office.  In this case if a third contender did exist he should be appointed insted.

Section B:  If the second and third most voted refuse the former vice-delegate could keep the office for one more term.  If the former delegate refuses the appointement the legislation on Article III will be put into action.

Article III. On the case of Appointment of a Vice Delegate.

Clause I:  The Delegate will name candidates to Cabinet and will propose two names in the Assembly of the South Pacific

Clause II:  After discussions with Cabinet and within the Assembly, the candidates will be approached by the Delegate.

Clause III:  If the candidates responded favorably, the Delegate must post an open thread in the Assembly of the South Pacific, and a link to this thread in the World Factbook Entry, stating the name and credentials of the nations.  All resident nations of the South Pacific will be able to post and discuss the proposed appointments.  This thread will be open for a period of ten days in the end of the period a name should appear.

Clause IV:  At the end of the ten day period of public hearing, as described in Article III, Clause III of this law, a vote in the Assembly will be held, lasting for one week. The proposed candidate must be accepted by a 75 % majority vote.

Article IV Responsibilities of the Vice Delegate

Clause I:  The Vice Delegate must reach the second-highest endorsement count in the region in timely fashion

Clause II:  The Vice Delegate must remain the nation with the second-highest endorsement count in the region, unless a legally valid contest for delegacy is undertaken by any member who is not Vice Delegate or Delegate.

Clause III:  The Vice Delegate may only attempt to overtake the delegate when this is requested by the delegate. The endorsement count of the Vice Delegate must always remain below 95 % of the Delegate

Clause IV:  The Vice Delegate may step down from the office on own initiative. The Vice Delegate shall communicate his decision to the Delegate and the Cabinet a week in advance. After this week, the Vice Delegates shall leave the region until the next game update or resign his nation from the UN.

Clause V:  Failure to uphold the responsibilities written down in this law will lead to impeachment of the Vice Delegate. The impeachment will follow the procedure as described in the Charter. On impeachment the Vice Delegate will be temporarily banned from the region until after the next game update.
I corrected the format so it follows the Presentation of Bills Act. Also I took out the clause that states the Vice Delegate is bound to the law of succession as that was repealed. I put everything that I believe Antioch suggested as a change in red.
Lets say there is an election, and the guy who wins becomes our new delegate, however, the guy who /loses/ is not someone who would make a good vice delegate.What would happen in this scenario...?
Hileville could you ad a third point to point two thanks in advance if you could help me.

<span style='color: red'> If the elected vice-delegate dont have the trust of the elected delegate, this will be put under consideration of the Assembly of the South Pacific.

Point A: the Assembly will have to power to make the election mandatory and the elected vice-delegate takes office.

Point B: if the assembly agree with the delegate the legislation of point III will be put in action.

I also make some changes in point III but the greater picture of the law remains unchanged.

Also Carta i hope this point answear your question on me.

?lso Hileville you are right the succession is put out of order in this redraft.

The Law of the Vice DelegateThe Delegate is to provide stability for the region. To aid in this, in case of the incapacitation or disappearance of the Delegate, the Delegate must appoint a Vice Delegate.The Office of Vice Delegate holds no power. The Vice Delegate may hold another office, elected or appointed, in the GovernmentArticle I: Requirements to assume the position of Vice DelegateClause I: Must be a resident nation of the South Pacific. They do not have to be a member of the offsite forums, although this is preferable.Clause II: The Vice Delegate is obligated to uphold the same principles as the Delegate, as outlined in the CharterArticle II: Election of Vice DelegateClause I: After every election the second most voted should be appointed vice-delegate unless he refuses.Section A: Two vice-delegates could exist if the second and third most voted finish the delegacy run near the elected delegate.Section B: If the previous situation dont exist only the second most voted could be appointed vice-delegate.Clause II: After every election vice-delegates of the previous defeated administration should resign from office.Section A: An exception will occur if the second most voted refuse the office. In this case if a third contender did exist he should be appointed insted.Section B: If the second and third most voted refuse the former vice-delegate could keep the office for one more term. If the former delegate refuses the appointement the legislation on Article III will be put into action.Clause III: If the elected vice-delegate dont have the trust of the elected delegate, this will be put under consideration of the Assembly of the South Pacific.Section A: the Assembly will have the power to rectify the election and make her mandatory, in this case the elected vice-delegate will take office.Section B: if the Assembly agrees with the elected delegate the legislation of point III will be put in practice.Article III. On the case of Appointment of a Vice Delegate.Clause I: The Delegate will name candidates to Cabinet and will propose two names in the Assembly of the South PacificClause II: After discussions with Cabinet and within the Assembly, the candidates will be approached by the Delegate.Clause III: If the candidates responded favorably, the Delegate must post an open thread in the Assembly of the South Pacific, and a link to this thread in the World Factbook Entry, stating the name and credentials of the nations. All resident nations of the South Pacific will be able to post and discuss the proposed appointments. This thread will be open for a period of ten days in the end of the period a name should appear.Clause IV: At the end of the ten day period of public hearing, as described in Article III, Clause III of this law, a vote in the Assembly will be held, lasting for one week. The proposed candidate must be accepted by a 75 % majority vote.Article IV Responsibilities of the Vice DelegateClause I: The Vice Delegate must reach the second-highest endorsement count in the region in timely fashionClause II: The Vice Delegate must remain the nation with the second-highest endorsement count in the region, unless a legally valid contest for delegacy is undertaken by any member who is not Vice Delegate or Delegate.Clause III: The Vice Delegate may only attempt to overtake the delegate when this is requested by the delegate. The endorsement count of the Vice Delegate must always remain below 95 % of the DelegateClause IV: The Vice Delegate may step down from the office on own initiative. The Vice Delegate shall communicate his decision to the Delegate and the Cabinet a week in advance. After this week, the Vice Delegates shall leave the region until the next game update or resign his nation from the UN.Clause V: Failure to uphold the responsibilities written down in this law will lead to impeachment of the Vice Delegate. The impeachment will follow the procedure as described in the Charter. On impeachment the Vice Delegate will be temporarily banned from the region until after the next game update.
Added a third clause to point II but unable to make it in color.
I like the idea as a whole but it might be a bit odd if we actually have a heated election in contrast to the politeness of the passing one.
Antioch, I know you can't color your additions, but can you please bold them? Thank you. Smile
Also made minor changes in point III but the body and mainframe of the previous law was keepted.Below is the major change i propose.
The Law of the Vice Delegate

Article I: Requirements to assume the position of Vice Delegate

Clause I: Must be a resident nation of the South Pacific. They do not have to be a member of the offsite forums, although this is preferable.

Clause II: The Vice Delegate is obligated to uphold the same principles as the Delegate, as outlined in the Charter

<strong class='bbc'>Article II: Election of Vice Delegate

Clause I: After every election the second most voted should be appointed vice-delegate unless he refuses.

Section A: Two vice-delegates could exist if the second and third most voted finish the delegacy run near the elected delegate.

Section B: If the previous situation dont exist only the second most voted could be appointed vice-delegate.

Clause II: After every election vice-delegates of the previous defeated administration should resign from office.

Section A: An exception will occur if the second most voted refuse the office. In this case if a third contender did exist he should be appointed insted.

Section B: If the second and third most voted refuse the former vice-delegate could keep the office for one more term. If the former delegate refuses the appointement the legislation on Article III will be put into action.

Clause III: If the elected vice-delegate dont have the trust of the elected delegate, this will be put under consideration of the Assembly of the South Pacific.

Section A: the Assembly will have the power to rectify the election and make her mandatory, in this case the elected vice-delegate will take office.

Section B: if the Assembly agrees with the elected delegate the legislation of point III will be put in practice.</strong>

Article III. On the case of Appointment of a Vice Delegate.

Clause I: The Delegate will name candidates to Cabinet and will propose two names in the Assembly of the South Pacific

Clause II: After discussions with Cabinet and within the Assembly, the candidates will be approached by the Delegate.

Clause III: If the candidates responded favorably, the Delegate must post an open thread in the Assembly of the South Pacific, and a link to this thread in the World Factbook Entry, stating the name and credentials of the nations. All resident nations of the South Pacific will be able to post and discuss the proposed appointments. This thread will be open for a period of ten days in the end of the period a name should appear.

Clause IV: At the end of the ten day period of public hearing, as described in Article III, Clause III of this law, a vote in the Assembly will be held, lasting for one week. The proposed candidate must be accepted by a 75 % majority vote.

Article IV Responsibilities of the Vice Delegate

Clause I: The Vice Delegate must reach the second-highest endorsement count in the region in timely fashion

Clause II: The Vice Delegate must remain the nation with the second-highest endorsement count in the region, unless a legally valid contest for delegacy is undertaken by any member who is not Vice Delegate or Delegate.

Clause III: The Vice Delegate may only attempt to overtake the delegate when this is requested by the delegate. The endorsement count of the Vice Delegate must always remain below 95 % of the Delegate

Clause IV: The Vice Delegate may step down from the office on own initiative. The Vice Delegate shall communicate his decision to the Delegate and the Cabinet a week in advance. After this week, the Vice Delegates shall leave the region until the next game update or resign his nation from the UN.

Clause V: Failure to uphold the responsibilities written down in this law will lead to impeachment of the Vice Delegate. The impeachment will follow the procedure as described in the Charter. On impeachment the Vice Delegate will be temporarily banned from the region until after the next game update.
Quote:I like the idea as a whole but it might be a bit odd if we actually have a heated election in contrast to the politeness of the passing one.
I would second this concern.

In my view we should just stick with what we have now. I don't see how this solves any problems, and it just adds more complication. I think the system we have now for Vice Delegates is good.

Just my view. :roo:
And I've seen in a lot of the regions I'm in if a popular delegate wants a second term, often the only competition is going to be the regional nut. Making the regional nut the vice-delegate by default would probably be a mistake most of the time. Also if we're having two or more vice-delegates is it clear which one is the successor in the event of the delegates random disappearance?
Quote:And I've seen in a lot of the regions I'm in if a popular delegate wants a second term, often the only competition is going to be the regional nut. Making the regional nut the vice-delegate by default would probably be a mistake most of the time.

Also if we're having two or more vice-delegates is it clear which one is the successor in the event of the delegates random disappearance?
In the West Pacific that one goes to Bhang Bhang Duc.
Nah, It's Eli actually. (You also don't need to reference TWP everywhere I've seen you Tongue)
I'm not a fan of this idea. It makes the election somewhat pointless. Also if there's true rivalry between two candidates, forcing them to work together is not a good idea. We're not Zimbabwe (yet? Tongue)
[Image: 1ad3869e-07b4-47f3-8bf1-247c729479d6.jpg]

I'm opposed to this idea. The ability to appoint vice-delegates is one of the most important powers of the delegate, as it allows him/her to make sure reliable people are there is case they have issues. The job of the VD is to support the Delegate, and if he has major issues (ie: being made DOS, losing internet access) being able to take over till an election can be held.You guys remember Cali, and his massive flounce out of the region? Imagine if he had been VD.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Its a nice idea making the runner-up vice-Delegate but I wouldn't want to enshrine it in law. The delegate should be allowed to pick their vice-delegate/s according to the criteria they identify as making a good deputy. What happens if someone announces their intention to run, is accepted as a candidate and then never logs on to their nation after that, but are the sole competition to a favoured candidate who wins 30 votes to 0. Does said runner-up then become Vice-Delegate? It doesn't make a lot of sense to legalise that because whilst it may be appropriate in many situations, there are a million exceptions to the rule.I'd prefer to keep it as it is and if it becomes convention that the runner-up becomes vice-Delegate then so be it.
I was just looking through the regional laws, and the current VD law actually does mandate an election (with the Delegate choosing the candidates) but I'm not sure when we actually last practiced that.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

Quote:I was just looking through the regional laws, and the current VD law actually does mandate an election (with the Delegate choosing the candidates) but I'm not sure when we actually last practiced that.
Didin't we do this for Fudgie?
[quote name="Hileville"] [quote name='"Belschaft"] I was just looking through the regional laws' date=' and the current VD law actually does mandate an election (with the Delegate choosing the candidates) but I'm not sure when we actually last practiced that. [/quote']

Didin't we do this for Fudgie? [/quote]

Not that I remember.

Edit: Actually, you are correct. My memory is clearly faulty today. I'll put up a thread for it.