Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assembly Action to Sever all Relations with the UDL
Due to recent events with the UDL I wanted to bring up discussion on the Assembly taking action to sever all relations with the UDL and ban any attempt to work with them or restore relations w/o Assembly approval.  I would suggest in such a document that a blanket exemption is given for military work to support only our war on GGR and Nazism.

I feel that we as a legislative body need to be proactive and protect the best interests of TSP.  Working with an organization such as the UDL or continually trying to improve relations has bit us in the rear too many times.  In my opinion, it is time for the Assembly to get involved and end this nonsense once and for all.

Insert Hileville is a Imperialist loving UDL hatemonger statement here.

We don't have any formal relations with the UDL. They closed our embassy, so we will do the same. The Cabinet will be releasing a statement at some point. I don't see what action is appropriate for the Assembly to take at this time.

I don't know exactly what would be the impact of passing a law requiring Assembly approval of formal relations with the UDL. That's already the case, as the Assembly must vote on treaties. If you're proposing a ban on the Cabinet even exploring renewed relations at any point in the future, I think that is an overreaction and completely inappropriate. While the Assembly has a role in discussing foreign policy, it should not usurp the role of the Cabinet in executive low-level foreign policy.

TSP has not been hurt in any way by this small diplomatic misstep.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I understand the sentiment behind this proposal, but we should wait at least until the Cabinet determines its course of action. We have a Ministry of Foreign Affairs for a reason, so that it regulates our relations with other regions and organisations (aside from treaties), instead of the Assembly. Like I said, I understand where you are going with this proposal, but let's first give the Cabinet a chance to act.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
For those of us not privy to these workings, does someone care to share what happened?

===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

First, I don't think a complete ban makes sense. Today in NS we have a certain relationship with UDL. Tomorrow, the next delegate or the one after may have a different one. 

A recap of events:

1. I made a post about how my vision or idea was that TSP remain independent of both Raider\Defender ideology in my diaries. I pointed out honestly what I thought of as the modus operandi of both sides. 

2. Unibot asked for clarity.

3. I responded with a post that made it clear that UDL was not on top of my list of things important to TSP's security. I was also irked by several public debates in which representatives of UDL brought into questions our alliance with TNI with whom we just had productive talks with.

4. UDL released an official statement that basically blasted UDL-TSP relations for the past two years and closed their embassies with us.  From my perspective, they proved my point that the UDL representative has not been promoting TSP-UDL in a politically appropriate manner. 

I would like to discuss more with my cabinet more before releasing an official statement on our relations. 

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Quote:For those of us not privy to these workings, does someone care to share what happened?

http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/...ntry115780
Having reviewed the latest UDL controversy, I fully support Hileville's proposal. The UDL has burned The South Pacific a sufficient number of times and to a severe enough degree that reopening relations with the UDL should require approval of the Assembly. Moreover, requiring Assembly approval for reopening relations with the UDL will send a proportionately strong response to the blindside they slapped us with, and will damage them appropriately for their lack of diplomatic propriety.

Besides, the UDL isn't a region and should be held suspect and handled differently by regions in any event. A non-regional organization with a group of people and particularly a leadership that isn't invested in any particular region is an organization that is likely to attempt to inappropriately influence regions in which they have no real investment. We have seen this type of behavior from the UDL in TSP and in allied regions and this highly suspect non-regional organization should never again have relations with TSP unless and until the Assembly approves of such relations. They are a special type of organization and special treatment is warranted.

Cormac Somerset

[Image: cormacshield.png]

The Brotherhood of Malice

General and Outside World Manager

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

Honestly, they're not worth the effort. Why give them any form of acknowledgement? Just ignore them, and like annoying relatives, or people ringing the doorbell, they'll go away eventually...

Can't say that I liked the implied threat though from the various replies in their thread.

[center][Image: FF9LRsig.png][/center]
I'm happy to ignore UDL so long as they do us the same courtesy. History suggests that Unibot will be unable to do such, and sooner rather than later - totally not acting in a UDL capacity - he'll be back attempting to force defending upon us.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Im with Raven here... If we ignore their petty crap, eventually they'll go away. If the UDL is brought up in any conversation, ignore it, and reply to the post(s) before. They really arent worth the petty crap anymore (not that they were before, but I digress...)

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Recent events seem to suggest that UDL is a spent force, Uni's reactions reek of desperation and increasingly taken on more than a passing resemblance to ranting rather than coherent arguments - if UDL has nothing to bring to the table that benefits TSP then there seems little mileage in pursuing any accommodation with them

we could do the opposite of what they just did. Take the high road and leave them to their pettiness. 

Thanks for the update, come back when you grow up...but said much more diplomatically. Smile

TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

From the old TSP Boards....
Quote:
Punk D
May 17 2004, 06:07 AM Post #1
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*needing validation that 1977 was not that long ago*