Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Region Page Policies?
Okay, other than the WFE, I have to maintain the Embassy section and the new 'tags'.SB added 'Democratic' tag, which I think is good. But I was thinking I should add 'Offsite Forum', 'Independent', 'Regional Government', and maybe 'Casual'/'Social'. What do you guys think?Also, mainly at HEM, how should I decide which 5 regions are displayed? I was thinking maybe adopt the policy of moving an embassy to the top whenever we get an update from them? And on top of that, we have an in-game embassy with NationStates, South Pacific, The Kodiak Republic, The Imperial Legion, Gay, Hippiedom, Free Thought, and Warzone Airspace; but we have no offsite embassy with them. (This I noticed today.) I thought we had the same policy most other big regions have, which is offsite embassies are a must before in-game embassies. What policy is being used to determine which of these regions we accept and which we decline (seeing as I'm the one who has to do it)?
We have a few options. We could reserve in-game embassies for our most important friends, or we could allow all who hold an offsite embassy to have an onsite one.Either way, I think we should start mandating that to have an embassy ingame, you have to have one on the forum. Otherwise, are we really close enough to even...know who these people are?
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Quote:Either way, I think we should start mandating that to have an embassy ingame, you have to have one on the forum. Otherwise, are we really close enough to even...know who these people are?
I agree fully with that suggestion.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Quote:We have a few options. We could reserve in-game embassies for our most important friends,
My preference
Alright, I'll send the delegate/founder of each of those region's a TG telling them if they want to keep their in-game embassy with us they'll need to apply for one on-sight, then later in the week cancel any that fail to do so. How's that sound?And if we go even stricter than that and keep the list of embassies in-game to the closest of our friends we can take that step next.
As for region tags, I think they're appaling and would only condone using 'feeder'
Quote:As for region tags, I think they're appaling and would only condone using 'feeder'
We have no control over that one. Some of them are game set.

The only use I've found to tags so far is to make it easier for raiders to find founderless regions.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

As a feeder, the tags are useless. But yeah, let's start pruning the embassies. Starting with those who don't apply for an forum embassy.
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Sorry for epic lag in carrying this out. I wasn't going to start breaking embassies while Frak was causing a stir. Decided it was good to create as few enemies then as possible. After that I went camping and have been busy IRL enough that I haven't had time to do everything I want to in-game.I've just sent the messages to the delegates of those regions (founders of the ones that non-executive delegates) and told them I'd break embassies on Sunday in accordance with this new policy. I'm announcing this in my office in a few moments.Also FYI I was very specific that the policy was to cancel in-game embassies with regions who had not applied for an embassy on-site. This means TWP and TRR fall fair of the policy, because they both applied for one and it is still open here, even though ours when them is closed in the case of TRR and we are at war in the case of TWP.I'm also sitting here growing more tired of Punk's saying he wants peace but avoiding me like a plague, or coming up with new reasons to support war with us. I was thinking once all these embassies are closed later into next week if we have gotten no new news from the West maybe we should consider withdrawing in-game embassies with them while keeping the forum one open. Maybe add some pressure or show that we are growing frustrated. What do you think HEM?
And while we're on Foreign Affairs with TWP, I just spoke with Guy who was supposed to be bringing up re-opening embassies with TSP with the rest of the government over there since June 22. Sedge has been put back in charge of FA until the election which is between Guy and Asianatic which is in 10 days.Honestly, the tension between me and Sedge after being so close and having such a big fall out is probably bad enough it'd be worse for me to try to work it out with him than to wait 10 days. HEM if you want to reach out to Sedge feel free... Wink
And a triple post, but just thought y'all should know Durk didn't respond to my telegram about breaking telegrams and cut the tool so that it does not work now.So, back to doing it by hand since SPECTRE hasn't updated for at least a week. At least I'm good at doing it by hand. Wink
Thats frustrating though Sad
It started working again. Maybe it was a coincidental technical problem that occurred at the same time as the embassy break. :unsure: Either way it started working again after I did a round of endo-tarting by hand.
Yeah, I was about to mention it still worked for me.

By the way, Hippiedom has a random citizen that is planning to apply for an embassy soon.I'm giving this heads up because if you read the public thread the delegate just went 21 days inactive, came back and said he didn't want to have foreign relations until the founder comes back which may be at the end of summer. So we have the administrator of the region saying embassies are up to the founders and then another member saying he can come here and apply and it should be fine.I just wanted to be sure you were aware of this before they apply HEM. I'll try to post something along these lines when they do apply.
Delegate telegramed me and said random citizen now has authority to do so, all good there.