Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foreign Affairs Stuff
Okay, a few quick things to get us started:I have appointed Antariel as head of Ambassadors. This is a serious appointment, and I will be handing that entire portfolio off to him. It shall be his responsibility to organize who represents who, and make sure updates are being posted. There are two big reasons for this.1.) Hands on experience is the best experience2.) I can focus on other thingsThe second point is especially important because of the political atmosphere we are submerged in. Also because I will be gone a few more days this term, as much as I loathe leaving you (this time it's for actual beaches, so probably not Tongue )I'm going to keep up the same defensive foreign policy I initiated last term for the next week. During that time I will be plotting our way back onto "offense" and how we can forge new paths with the Nationstates world.All ideas are welcome, and I've read through some already, so...that's good TongueAny questions?
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
What would you think about doing what other regions do and have consulates that any region can open without permission by starting a thread in the embassy thread, and if they keep it updated regularly then they could apply to up themselves to an embassy? (And, while I'm thinking about it, does anyone know why GRA and Region Inc have threads rather than forums? O.oAlso, I promised Joshua who came on IRC looking for you HEM, that I'd pass along the information that he wants an embassy between TSP and The Exodus. I told him I thought the region needed to grow and develop before we could open an embassy there, because if we open an embassy with every region that just starts off we'd have hundreds of embassies to staff. :lol: But, I said I'd pass it along for him.
Quote:What would you think about doing what other regions do and have consulates that any region can open without permission by starting a thread in the embassy thread, and if they keep it updated regularly then they could apply to up themselves to an embassy? (And, while I'm thinking about it, does anyone know why GRA and Region Inc have threads rather than forums? O.o

Also, I promised Joshua who came on IRC looking for you HEM, that I'd pass along the information that he wants an embassy between TSP and The Exodus. I told him I thought the region needed to grow and develop before we could open an embassy there, because if we open an embassy with every region that just starts off we'd have hundreds of embassies to staff. :lol: But, I said I'd pass it along for him.
I tend to not like the idea, because as we grow in foreign affairs there are some regions we will want to say no to (besides the obvious).

In terms of granting an embassy, I agree with your assessment.
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?