Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minsitry of Security
Ok, I've been looking through my sub-forum and it is, to be a frank, a massive mess. No ones been doing anything much with it for years, there are sub-sub forums I can't access and it is all confusing as hell.I'm considering archiving the whole lot, and starting afresh. I'd quite like some thoughts on it first though.Another concern of mine is Intelligence. As far as I can tell, we don't really have any. As such I'm going to have to put some thought into what to do; I'm probably going to stick to internal intelligence.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Obviously I am around to give you a hand with intelligence matters as I know its not something you have a lot of experience in. I'm sure Todd would be willing to help too if you wanted to ask him.
Yeah, I was planning to draft you in to help with intelligence.Also, I talked with Coco earlier today and he was very positive about the idea of a formal security agreement, including the FRA passing on intelligence pertinent to TSP. He said he was going to talk the FRA cabinet about it, so expect to here from him.I plan on approaching TITO, Texas and Europeia in the next couple of days with similar proposals.
[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]

It may be wise to discuss any such arrangements with foreign regions with your fellow Cabinet members (or at least HEM and Topid) before pursuing negotiations. Any such agreement would need the support of the Assembly and we should present a united front on anything you take to it if you want it to go through.FWIW Europeia probably isn't in the best place to agree to anything like that at the moment (HEM could advise better) and the FRA will probably not want anything formal at this stage.
Right now I'm just broaching the subject with them all.I've been talking to Topid about it, and I know he's been talking to HEM about FA. I think the plan is to get all three of us on IRC at the same time.

Ok, I'm considering a new structure for the MoS;Only three restricted sub-forums - The South Pacific Army, Internal Security, and Intelligence. Access to those will be restricted to the relevant people - any soldiers and Cabinet/admins for TSPA - Cabinet, Admins, VD and RSO's for IS - only MoS, admins and people involved high up for intelligence. No offence guys, but keeping intelligence in as small a circle as possible is a must.Sticky threads in the main MoS for people to sign up to be in Intelligence and TSPA, also a general FAQ thread.Everything we currently have in MoS we can archive, it's all out of date.Inside the various sub-departments I'll sticky various important threads (ie; tools for internal security, military guides (I'm gonna talk to Frat about borrowing a couple from the FRA) etc.I also want a secret sub-forum for general security discussion with people who have access to high levels of the other forums. Internal communication matters.Thoughts of cabinet/lurking admins?

(<em class='bbc'>Message of lurking admin</em>:

SPECTRE is run irregularly but still operational :none: Also us admins try to avoid posting here but sometimes we forget which part of the forum we're in, so kick us out at will Tongue)
All looks good to me. I'm especially interested in the taking of warzones, as that is something 2-3 players could do. And to my knowledge we'd be the only feeder with a standing military capable of doing anything. Wink When you got that set up, what do you think about keeping an endorsement tracker thread going in the public part of your office Bels? I remember TEP did this while I was a member. They posted every member with over 50 endorsements (we could do like 30-40) and their change since the last post. It was something interesting to see and a way to keep us on our toes as far as checking endorsements. I could help you in updating it every couple days if you want.
Quote:I'm especially interested in the taking of warzones, as that is something 2-3 players could do. And to my knowledge we'd be the only feeder with a standing military capable of doing anything.  Wink
That was my plan, at least for now. I'm not going to be authorizing or leading any raids, so we'll have to use somewhere to practice/keep activity up till an ally is actually invaded.

Quote:When you got that set up, what do you think about keeping an endorsement tracker thread going in the public part of your office Bels? I remember TEP did this while I was a member. They posted every member with over 50 endorsements (we could do like 30-40) and their change since the last post.  It was something interesting to see and a way to keep us on our toes as far as checking endorsements. I could help you in updating it every couple days if you want.
I was planning on putting that in Internal Security, but if you want it public that's fine by me.

I'm also trying to find a decent online graphing system, that we could plot trends on. The best I've found is the following;

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.chartgo.com/create.do?chart=line&dimension=2d&width=800&height=500&orientation=vertical&title=TSP+Endorsments&xtitle=Date-Time&ytitle=Endorsements&source=&fonttypetitle=bold&fonttypelabel=normal&labelorientation=horizontal&chrtbkgndcolor=gradientblue&labels=1&legend=1&colorplotonly=1&roundedge=1&threshold=0.0&xaxis1=18%2F06%2F11-1PM%3AGMT%0D%0A19%2F06%2F11-2PM%3AGMT%0D%0A&yaxis1=164%0D%0A165&group1=Daynor&yaxis2=159%0D%0A158&group2=Californiaaaaaa&add=&rem=&from=linejsp&lang=en'>Reallly really long URL</a>

You should all be able to make changes and add more data (note; current data is made up)

I can't edit the X axis on the second group, but other than that it works. How were you planning to use that though? Graphing everyone over 30? We'd end up with tons of names as eventually a bunch of people will get more than that and then leave the WA/region or just slip in count back down.
I was hoping to find a better one.My general plan was for us to keep it up to date with the top ten or so nations. Or, if I can find a decent coder, lift data from the the XML feeds to do it automatically with a better version.(Just edit the first X axis, and then add a new field. All existing ones should update)

Ok, if there are no objections, could I ask an Admin to archive everything in the Ministry of Security somewhere safe and secure, and lock it so I can work on getting it set up.