Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Chinese New Year! 春节快乐!
So I know this post comes a little late (it's Day 3), but to those who celebrate...

春节快乐!过年好!

本人谨代表南太平洋区域内务部,给居住于本区域的大陆同胞,台湾同胞,港澳同胞及海外侨胞致以诚挚的问候,并送上节日的祝福。希望大家在甲午马年里:

一帆风顺 双喜临门 三阳开泰 四季平安 五福临门 六六大顺 七星高照 八面玲珑 九九同心 十全十美 百年好合 千事吉祥 万事如意 人强马壮 一马当先 马到功成

English translation:

Happy New Year! On behalf of the South Pacific Ministry of Regional Affairs, I'd like to give my sincerest regards and greetings for the festivities to those from Mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and Overseas Chinese who are residing in the South Pacific. In this year of the Horse, I'd like to wish you a prosperous year ahead. May you have good health and all that you want in abundance.

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Nice message Awe. May you have all that good health and abundance yourself as well! :)

Happy New Year and best wishes and luck to all!

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Happy new year everyone.

Strolling punster from Canada
Interesting that the Christmas message gets an official statement on behalf of the entire Cabinet in the Regional Affairs forum, whereas this is just dumped off in the chat sub.

But what else would we expect from a Minister who signs their releases "in the year of our Lord". Rolleyes

Vibrant Coconuts

WA Advisor to the The South Pacific

Also known as Gruenberg
, Quintessence of Dust
and The Dark Star Republic

*Sighs*

First, we've already had this debate and it was thoroughly explained that no one in the region is prevented from celebrating any holiday. It was even suggested that more of these holidays should be celebrated or at least mentioned to promote cultural awareness. Don't turn this into yet another debate about how this region doesn't care about religion, even though you remain convinced that is the case.

Second, this thread is in this section of the forum because the person who posted it chose to do so. Either an admin or a global moderator can easily move it to the Government Workings section if you want, so don't talk about "dumped off".

Third, "what else would we expect from a Minister who signs their releases "in the year of our Lord". What is that even supposed to mean? Does the fact that Awe uses a widely used year designation (AD) somehow diminish his character? Please do clarify that, because it sounds extremely rude, to say the least. Awe is the Minister of Regional Affairs, and an extremely capable one, so I don't see how the fact that he uses AD somehow impair how he performs his duties.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate