Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rejected Realms
I kinda have a bone to pick with the set up of their embassy here. I really think the fact that they transfered delegates is something that is so wrong with NationStates, and I said previously to them that we would not set up an embassy until they resolved the issue of Kandarin being controlled by another nation.Now, I wanted to try to resolve that issue through more aggressive diplomacy, or at least be clear that we in no way endorsed their policy.Now if the region disagrees with me, that fine, but it pisses me off that this wasn't even mentioned to me before it was set up. We can't have a functional government that is not operating on the same page, and I feel as delegate something like reversing region policy is something at the minimum I should be informed about.
Maybe the new MOFA wasnt aware of this when he made the Embassy, i had heard that Kanderins nation was run by someone else but didnt know we had ruled on it, can you send me a link so i can check jt out.
You know, I can't find my post. It was in some RR embassy request topic, but I can't find it. In that case, I apologize for being upset.On the other hand, I think this Kandarin issue is a big deal. It honestly is one of the biggest anti-gameplay moves that I have seen in all of the years that I have played NationStates. I am a huge progameplay player, and this embassy does give us a chance to force the topic.Would the current cabinet be interested in making a government statement to The Rejected Realms?
I agree that I don't think HEM knew of the issues surrounding the RR embassy with respect to some of the opinions of members here. As for embassies, though, I don't really believe in closing them down because we disagree with their policies, but that's just me. I think it pays to be informed on what other regions do.That being said, should we release a statement? We may, but as far as I'm concerned this was more of a Kandarin issue causing problems before he left. I've already voiced my opinion on that matter personally. No one should feel so powerful in a region that they can simply "hand it off" like a monarchy without allowing anyone elses' consent. The region was never his to give away. Even people in that region were against it, if my memory from his thread serves me right.But that was then. The RR has had elections since then, and Nai did in fact win the delegate elections. While I still think it's a bit off that they keep his nation alive, it makes sense, I suppose, especially considering their region is a collector region. Who would hold it in interim as Nai switched off the kandarin nation WA and switched her own WA nation back on? Maybe someone could hold it in interim, I don't know. I suppose the thing I have against keeping the kandarin nation alive right now is the fact that he's an issue editor. While their jobs are pretty small in the issue editing process, it was he the player who was given that ability, not another person who "inherited" his nation. That's really my biggest qualm anymore. I don't really pay attention to TRR that much anymore though, so I could be speaking with limited knowledge. But at this point I don't feel we should shut their region's embassy down.
As Foreign Minister, I would be more than happy to write the government's position.In my view an embassy is a telephone, it allows us to have communication with regions while also allowing us to have a more informal relationship. Obviously the importance of "embassies" are seen differently across NS, and my perspective has never been that they rarely warrant leadership consensus.Naturally, the show can be run differently in the future if need be.
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
HEM, that would be awesome if you could draft up a government statement on the matter. By stroke of luck the issue sort of became topical again, so this is a good time for us to act!
proposed statement:

<strong class='bbc'>From the Office of the Foreign Minister</strong>

"The South Pacific is thrilled to be engaging in relations within a region as storied and ancient as the Rejected Realms. Our sincere hope is to foster strong relationships, build common bonds, and work toward a more prosperous future.

However with the granting of this embassy, good friends must be honest with each other. The South Pacific has from the start opposed the hand-off of the region from Kandarin via his physical nation. This process damaged the legitimacy of the Rejected Realms, and gave the new leadership within the region a luxury that fellow feeders do not have -- or at least -- do not chose to use. We feared the impact this has had on the gameplay aspect of Nationstates upon announcement, and we still have similar fears today.

From a democratic point of view, we feel the recent elections have allowed the Rejected Realms to reclaim the confidence of it's people. This statement should not serve as some static nod to the past, but a condemnation of further handing off of sacred nations in the interest of regional stability. This doesn't just go for the Rejected Realms, but all feeders across Nationstates. The game is bond together by informal aspects of decorum, and we believe that nation exchanges are forbidden by such unwritten regulations of tact.

We understand this message may not be well received by all corners of the world, but nobody can accuse of us having a benign position on this matter. We stand committed to be a pro-gameplay region, and we hope that the Rejected Realms along with all regions of this Nationstates world are ecstatic to join us in that endeavor.

Thank you, and a welcome to the Rejected Realms in their new embassy."

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Very well put Hem, you are a total diplomat and i'll be happy to put my signiture to said statement.
The one thing that I disagree with in that statement is that just because Nai was elected, it does not absolve her from the fact that Kandy is NOT her nation and that there that she reaps major benefits from using a nation that is basically known as being delegate of the RR. I don't think we can write this off as the 'past is the past', another part of this is just how fair were the elections. In most elections after a delegate steps down, there is a level playing field, because there is NO incumbent. However in this election Nai has an automatic advantage that she does not deserve to have.
Quote:Very well put Hem, you are a total diplomat and i'll be happy to put my signiture to said statement.
QFT, I think we have the right man in this office!
Edited:

Quote:"The South Pacific is thrilled to be engaging in relations within a region as storied and ancient as the Rejected Realms. Our sincere hope is to foster strong relationships, build common bonds, and work toward a more prosperous future.

However with the granting of this embassy, good friends must be honest with each other. The South Pacific has from the start opposed the hand-off of the region from Kandarin via his physical nation. This process damaged the legitimacy of the Rejected Realms, and gave the new leadership within the region a luxury that fellow feeders do not have -- or at least -- do not chose to use. We feared the impact this has had on the gameplay aspect of Nationstates upon announcement, and we still have similar fears today.

From a democratic point of view, we feel the recent elections have allowed the Rejected Realms to reclaim the confidence of it's people. However, we strongly maintain that the legally elected delegate, Naivety is a good player and has been a strong leader, but by retaining the nation of a storied and historic figure she is both taking shortcuts and undermining the integrity of the gameplay process. Nation = player in the South Pacific's eyes, and we implore Naivety to do what right and shift the delegacy to a nation of her own possession. This is not a hallow threat or baseless attack. If she chooses to do so, she will have the whole and unabated support of the South Pacific.

This statement should not exclusively serve as some self absorbed position paper, but as a condemnation of further handing off of sacred nations in the interest of regional stability. This doesn't just go for the Rejected Realms, but all feeders across Nationstates. The game is bond together by informal aspects of decorum, and we believe that nation exchanges are forbidden by such unwritten regulations of tact.

We understand this message may not be well received by all corners of the world, but nobody can accuse of us having a benign position on this matter. We stand committed to be a pro-gameplay region, and we hope that the Rejected Realms along with all regions of this Nationstates world are ecstatic to join us in that endeavor.

Thank you, and a welcome to the Rejected Realms in their new embassy."

Perfect. Interested in what King J and Todd think of the new draft, but I would sign this draft as is.
im going with the second draft, i like the wording better, i will happily put my name to it.
The only minor qualm I have is the "sacred" label of such nations. Otherwise, yeah I'd sign it.
I'm going to rework it tomorrow with minor grammar changes, and then publish it unless there is objection.