Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VOTE: Articles 19-22
Motion to change Articles 19-22 of the charter from this:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>Article 19 ? Proposals</em></strong>

This charter may be amended as necessary. Amendments may be proposed by any member state, or by the government of The South Pacific.

<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>Article 20 ? Submitting A Proposal</em></strong>

Amendments proposed must be submitted to the Cabinet of The South Pacific so that it may inform all other member states, through all available means of mass communication available to the Cabinet.

<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>Article 21 ? Voting</em></strong>

Voting will last for one month. Amendments are approved by a 50% plus 1 (one)affirmative vote of all participating states.

<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>Article 22 ? Special Circumstances</em></strong>

Charter amendments will be accepted at a more rapid pace during special, well-advertised events such as the Great Assembly.
To this:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'>Article 19 ? Amendments </strong>[*:3ak38g3l] Amendments may be proposed by any citizen nation.

[*:3ak38g3l] Amendments proposed must be submitted in the Assembly forum.

[*:3ak38g3l] Procedure for amendment-making shall follow Article 6.5-6.10.

[*:3ak38g3l] If the said amendment passes, it will be inserted into the Charter via adding a reply the Charter post. The Minister of the Region is charged with performing this duty.

[*:3ak38g3l] Charter amendments will be accepted at a more rapid pace during special, well-advertised events such as the Great Assembly.
Please simply vote 'yea' for yes, 'nay' for no, or 'remove' to vote for removing this article from the Charter. Voting for this article will end on <strong class='bbc'>Friday, November 19th at 5pm EST</strong>. Extensions for debate or voting may be requested, but that does not guarantee it will be accepted.
No.(for a variety of reasons: 1. charter amendments will now have simple majority and one week voting time, which is too light IMO and 2. After an amendment a new post should be made with the complete new charter in it, and the old one archived. Much clearer).
No for the same reasons
Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
Aye, one week is actually too long in my opinion.
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Nay.I missed the discussion on this because I was drifting in the ocean the week it was under consideration. One week or less to vote on major legislation? Inadequate.
Who, Me?

Veni, Vidi, Vamoose

I Came, I Saw, I Skedaddled

Kids shouldn't drink with monkeys.
Nay for the same reason as Polk
nope for above reasons
Former Delegate of The South Pacific