Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss of a family friend
A bit of a backstory here...

I used to run with a rescue squad as EMS. My father ran before me, I pretty much grew up around the members since I was born. One member, Mary, and her husband, Jim, were pretty much my squad parents. If I needed anything, I went to them.

Last week, while playing basketball, Jim collapsed of a heart attack. He was brought to the hospital, but didnt make it. He had no prior heart trouble, so this really came as a shock to both family, and close friends.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

Sorry to hear that, if you need anything feel free to ask.

I'm sorry to hear that. Coming out of the blue I can imagine it might really knock you for six. You have my sympathy.
Strolling punster from Canada
Sorry to hear of your loss. Attended a wake yesterday (Sunday) of a friend since High School, who died at 56 of the same "Never saw it coming" scenerio. Her husband (another friend) and her woke up Monday morning and as he went to the bathroom, joked with her to go get the coffee started and she told him there would be hell to pay if  HE didn't make the coffee. He went and made the coffee and came back to find her dead. It happens that fast. He to is an EMT and performed CPR for 30 minutes before paramedics got there. It just shows you how short and unguaranteed life is.

Former Chief Justice of the South Pacific

[Image: vipersig.jpg]
I'm sorry to hear this Rebel, prayers and best wishes for him and his family.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I'm so sorry to hear that Rebel. My deepest condolences and prayers to the family, and you know we are here to support you as well.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Truly sorry to hear it Rebel, if there's anything I can do, please let me know.

[center][Image: FF9LRsig.png][/center]
Thanks, all Smile

Its always the ones who you think would live forever that pass while their young.

And my condolences to you, QD.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus