Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article 16 - Responsibilities of the MOS
This is the current Article for Ministry of Security Responsibilities, taken verbatim from the <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=8043'>Charter</a>:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>Article 16 - Responsibilities and authority of the Ministry of Security</em></strong>

1. The Ministry of Security shall take the necessary and appropriate steps to maintain the security of the region.

a. The Ministry of Security shall raise an army to protect the region and it individual states.

b. The Ministry of Security shall form a network in order to find out vital information to protect the region.

2. All information acquired through the Ministry shall be passed immediately to the Delegate and Prime Minister as well as those Cabinet members as needed.

3. The Ministry shall provide information to the Ministry of Justice during hearings.

4. This Ministry shall work with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in order to form strategic alliances with other regions for protection purposes only

Please state your opinion on this article, including any revisions you would like to see. You may also argue over the necessity of said article and any other directions this article should take.

Discussion for this article will end on <strong class='bbc'>Wednesday, October 27th</strong>, or on a later date if the Minister of Region determines the debate to require more time.
I personally feel this post should be removed. Between Tsrill and I, we seem to do well with this, and others also remain watchful. If anything, we've done a good job of us *all* being the MOS.
Again, I recommend this article be removed. But, if we're going to keep it, I'd make these changes:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'> Article 16 - Responsibilities and authority of the Ministry of Security</em></strong>

1. The Ministry of Security shall take the necessary and appropriate steps to maintain the security of the region.

a. The Ministry of Security <del>shall</del> may raise an army to protect the region and it individual states.

b. The Ministry of Security <del>shall</del> may form an intelligence network in order to find out vital information to protect the region.

2. All information acquired through the Ministry shall be passed immediately to the Delegate and Prime Minister as well as those Cabinet members as needed.

3. The Ministry shall provide information to the Ministry of Justice during hearings.

4. This Ministry shall work with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in order to form strategic alliances with other regions for protection purposes only
Quote:<strong class='bbc'> Article 16 - Responsibilities and authority of the Ministry of Security</strong>[*:315se2me] The Ministry of Security shall take the necessary and appropriate steps to maintain the security of the region.[*:315se2me] The Ministry of Security may raise an army to protect the region and it individual states.

[*:315se2me] The Ministry of Security may form an intelligence network in order to find out vital information to protect the region.

[*:315se2me] All information acquired through the Ministry shall be passed immediately to the Delegate and Prime Minister as well as those Cabinet members as needed.

[*:315se2me] The Ministry shall provide information to the Ministry of Justice during hearings.

[*:315se2me] This Ministry shall work with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in order to form strategic alliances with other regions for protection purposes only.

[/list]
I agree with Todd. This position does directly deal with the security of the delegate position, I think it should be headed by the delegate directly or anyone he/she may appoint. Further it is something that concerns everyone, as outlined in article 2 or thereabouts, so everyone should work for the security of the region. In real life we would want to have the army and intelligence under check of a popular vote, but this isn't real life and we can't set up a police state even if we wanted to (at least not to that degree that it would be scary Tongue ).