Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article 9 - Terms of Office
This is the current Article for the terms of office in TSP, taken verbatim from the <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=8043'>Charter</a>:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>Article 9 - Terms of Office</em></strong>

The terms of service for elected officials of the South Pacific, save the delegate, shall be threee (3) months.

Please state your opinion on this article, including any revisions you would like to see. You may also argue over the necessity of said article and any other directions this article should take.

Discussion for this article will end on <strong class='bbc'>Wednesday, October 27th</strong>, or on a later date if the Minister of Region determines the debate to require more time.
Should we keep this at three months, or six?
I favor six. Elections every three months is too frequent, and I can see no particular need to reaffirm or reshuffle positions on that sort of schedule.
Who, Me?

Veni, Vidi, Vamoose

I Came, I Saw, I Skedaddled

Kids shouldn't drink with monkeys.
I prefer three months. Elections are activity building, and if someone is doing a good job they will get re-elected.
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Hopefully constructive activity, not activity for activity's sake. If someone's doing a poor job they can be replaced at any time. We don't have to wait for elections.
Who, Me?

Veni, Vidi, Vamoose

I Came, I Saw, I Skedaddled

Kids shouldn't drink with monkeys.
I say six, then when activity here picks up, we have the legislature debate on changing it to three
I agree with HEM on three. Especially if we want to have new players actually running for offices. Six months is an awfully long commitment if you are not a fossile like us.(Delegate terms should be longer, probably 6 months. But I'm not in favour of delegate terms or elections anyway Tongue )
Quote:I agree with HEM on three. Especially if we want to have new players actually running for offices. Six months is an awfully long commitment if you are not a fossile like us.

(Delegate terms should be longer, probably 6 months. But I'm not in favour of delegate terms or elections anyway Tongue )
Well you know where I stand on elections Tongue

But I see your point. Three months keeps people on their toes and keeps fresh blood moving in and out of the office (hopefully). But, we could at least spell 'three' right, lol:

Quote:<strong class='bbc'>Article 9 - Terms of Office</strong>

The terms of service for elected officials of the South Pacific, save the delegate, shall be three months.