Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The one-word trap
This is something that happens regularly to me: when I make a long argumentation, with many statements and ideas, carefully thought out and all pros and cons weighed, there might be one word (or one sentence) that unintentionally triggers people. A word that makes them ignore the rest of the text, (thereby usually taking it out of its context), and react strongly on this word only. Since this was unintended and unforeseen, I call it the "one-word trap". Does this sound familiar? Does it happen to you, too? Is there a way to avoid it, or does it happen by default because there is always someone who has a hot issue with something you wrote?
No. Tongue
Frequently in english texts, but istead of stop reading i try to find the meaning.Generally i try to use this kind of words in spanish, cause it is said that in my country you can speak a week with only 150 words(or something like that), and generally, people from the low social strate use only 100 words per day (most of them modisms, reductions or transformations or degenerations of normal words they dont know well and "bad" words), so if you put a difficult word that they don't know, they ussually stop reading. I use this words often with my students, so instead of stop reading i motivate them to find the meaning and so they become a little smarter than the normal everyday random guy(i can't remember the exact words of this song).PD: Im not a Spanish teacher, but the normal spanish teachers never teach to the students the difficult words, and i had some of this kind of teachers, so i try to compensate this in my students so they really had something like a better education than tha other students in their schools.I HATE STUPIDITY AND IGNORANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RAPPAGGAN