Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NSA Assisting Osiris with Delegacy Transition
SB and the rest of the cabinet,

Raven contacted us yesterday about whether or not we would be willing to assist Osiris in the delegacy transition. We have not made a commitment yet and I wanted to confer with Southern_Bellz first as well as the rest of the cabinet.

My personal feeling is that this is a good opportunity for us since in the long term I'd like to see us have strong relations with GCRs and a military that is well-known as active and able.

Obviously, we would have to think about our relations with them as a whole.  From my perspective, our last foreign affairs announcement that was signed off by some of the current cabinet left a lot of room for us to interpret\negotiate a relationship with OFO. 

Please let me know your thoughts as well as any pros\cons you foresee.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Im going to state here what I stated in GR's thread in the Situation Room.

Quote:I get the whole "Osiris is a sister region/fellow GCR/ect, and we should be helping her grow up big and strong like us senior-citizen-esque GCRs, but just because they've created a (new) constitution, doesnt mean everythings actually ok there... Id really like to see the new government in action for a while... I really think a month or so without scandal could warrant a change of my mind.

Thats just my two cents.

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

We definitely have to consider what might happen in Osiris. Do we risk helping a bad regime gain power? What message would people attach to this?

I don't oppose helping Raven get endorsements. But we need to control the message that we're just ensuring a smooth transition in the interests of GCR stability.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

I would actually support helping Raven get endorsements. If the concern is what message are we giving, then perhaps we could indeed say that we want to ensure a smooth transition, and that the democratic election is an encouraging step in the right direction.

Raven mentions the transition is planned for tonight, as far as I recall.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
So, I vote go ahead and help. But give SPINN a quote and get somebody to write a nice story about how we are all beacons of stability :-P

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

That can be arranged. Besides, I would love to give SPINN something to work with. It's been a bit quiet lately. Tongue

So do we agree on helping Raven?

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
I'm all for it, but  I haven't heard from SB yet. 

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

As the Associate Editor for SPINN, I'd say that SPINN asserts its policy as an independent news service, and generally won't take advice from the Cabinet on how to run the organization, but I believe we can make an article out of this. So, thank you. Smile

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

I saw more like a regular article that quoted someone from the Cabinet talking about why and under what assumptions are we supporting the transition. I don't think any of us wants to dictate SPINN's policies.

After discussing with Escade and Raven, the NSA did deploy for one day to assist in the transition.

I think it was a worthwhile effort overall.  It paves the way for diplomatic efforts with the new government, hopefully which is on a path to stability.