Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error Messages
So how bad is it when you turn on your PC and you get an ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM message?
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
In such a case, you can only hope to have a functional recovery CD Wink
Oh, joy. Any chance I can get in to save some files, like pictures?
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
Get the HD out and hook it up to a functional computer. If only the operating system is FUBAR and the disk is OK, you should be able to get everything off...if the disk has crashed, I think there isn't much else to do but pray and rethink your backup strategy...
(taking notes....)
A sword is useless in the hands of a coward - Nichiren Daishonin

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We may not see eye to eye, but we can speak heart to heart
shame most people don't have a backup system until we lose stuff.I should know Sad

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.
Drop Box is a really awesome program for people who know a little less about computers. Basically, if you know how to use a folder on the computer you know how to use dropbox. What happens is you have about 1 or 2 gigs of space to put files in, then on any computer you download drop box in, you can access all those files.Its pretty cool.
I wish the computer would offer a massage everytime there is an error, instead of a message...