Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motion to Change Article
The Minister of the Region does hereby invest in the power to bring to motion a proposed change suggested by the assembly. The motion is to change Article 1, section C from The Marital Law of Succession.

Quote:1) Any nation wishing to seek the Delegacy of the South Pacific must meet the following conditions:

A. Must have been a registered member of the off-site forums of the South Pacific for a period no less than three months before announcing their intentions, under the provisions of this law

B. Must have had their UN nation resident in the South Pacific for a period of no less than thirty (30) days

C. Must have a collected a minimum of 150 endorsements
To:

Quote:1) Any nation wishing to seek the Delegacy of the South Pacific must meet the following conditions:

A. Must have been a registered member of the off-site forums of the South Pacific for a period no less than three months before announcing their intentions, under the provisions of this law

B. Must have had their UN nation resident in the South Pacific for a period of no less than thirty (30) days

C. Must have a collected <strong class='bbc'>a minimum of 30 % of the current delegate's endorsement total.</strong>
Please respond with a simple 'yea' in affirmation or 'nay' to signify an against stance to the proposed change. The voting will end in approximately one week; that is, at 12 am on Thursday, May 20
Yea
Yea(Btw, you forgot to mention that this article 1, section c is from "martial law/law of succession" Wink )
Yea
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Yea
Fixed, lol. And yea
With numbers as they are throughout NS, it makes more sense by far to go with percentages, rather than an exact number.
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
Reviewing this law and other data, is 30% too low a threshold? I realize that we do not want a high threshold but,w ith numbers down, it's nto that difficult to reach 30%. It could lead to a lot of people getting ticked at being told to drop endorsements. Would 50% satisfy concerns for security?

-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
Quote:Reviewing this law and other data, is 30% too low a threshold? I realize that we do not want a high threshold but,w ith numbers down, it's nto that difficult to reach 30%. It could lead to a lot of people getting ticked at being told to drop endorsements. Would 50% satisfy concerns for security?
That is fine for me. 50% is a good number to live with, and is easy to determine.

But maybe people would like a compromise at 40%? Not sure. I could go either way, really.
Wait, we are talking about two different thresholds here.

People who want to run for delegacy need to be serious about it. Therefore we require them to have a certain minimum of endorsements before they can officially make a bid for delegacy. That's the 30% in this section.

The 50% level, which is in section 3 of the law, is the level above which they have to state their intent; at this level we consider them to be a threat, so to say.

So for anyone who <strong class='bbc'>DOES</strong> want to run for delegacy the following will hold if this law passes:

:n00b: < 30 % < candidate < 50 % < the race begins

(before it was

:n00b: < 150 < candidate < 50% < the race begins,

which didn't make sense anymore as 150 >> 50% now. )

For anyone who <strong class='bbc'>DOES NOT</strong> want to run for delegacy, it's still

friendly < 50% < invader

I hope this clarifies Smile
Thanks, Tsrill. That was a bit more helpful.

-- B. Bragg

YEA! Bump

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.
law change appears to have passed

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.