Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unethical Behavior and the Abuse of CSS Membership
Dear CSS,

In the next post I will be pasting the regional TG that Belschaft sent out and signed off on as a member of the CSS.

The TG itself is highly inflammatory and a politically motivated character assassination.  While Hileville made some administration decisions that were unilateral, he did explain to anyone who contacted him personally about why he removed Belschaft in particular.  

At the point in time when the TG was sent, there was no discussion among the regional government or the CSS as to what the best course of action was and how to proceed. We were in conflict resolution mode.

The TG was detrimental to the region, to the potential process of trying to work out a solution with Hileville (who before this point had been willing to let us keep the boards until September) and highly unethical abuse of the authority of the CSS who had not been consulted about the TG or its message. By signing off on the TG as a CSS member, Belschaft vested it with the authority and implicit approval of the CSS which is not the case.

One of the reasons Belschaft was banned from administration had to do with some comments he made to me that were inappropriate especially for an administrator. The number of times my personal privacy has been breached or brought up is  unacceptable. Telling a member of government, for the second time, that "Big Brother is Watching" their forum actions is an abuse of the authority to view all posts and areas.

I would like to request that Belschaft be removed from the CSS.  He does not have the calm rationality, good judgement, or ability to separate what personally politically motivates him and what is best for the region.

Throughout my tenure in TSP, starting in April of 2013, I have constantly brought up the areas where power and authority can be or are being abused.  The TG below is a very clear example of the kind of behavior that should not be condoned by the CSS, the government, or administration.

I would like your thoughts and discussion on this matter. Once the forum issue has been resolved I would like to bring this issue up in the Assembly as well. 

Thank you,

Escade

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

<div style="font-weight:bold;"><a class="" href="http://www.nationstates.net/nation=south_pacific_belschaft">The Grumpy Old Fart of South Pacific Belschaft</a> â†’ region: <a class="" href="http://www.nationstates.net/region=the_south_pacific">the South Pacific</a>
<a class="" href="http://www.nationstates.net/page=tg/tgid=5957770">1 day 19 hours ago</a>

</div>

<div style="background-color:rgb(255,255,240);">
<div> 
Morning folks,

This morning a coup occurred in our region, though you probably won't have realized it. The root admin of our offsite forums - where we base our government - has gone rogue, and removed every other active member of the admin team without consultation, prior notice, or anything even approaching consent. He did this having failed to get his own way in an internal admin matter, when a previous action he had taken was objected to by the rest of the admin team. He is currently in the process of drafting new admins, who he presumably expects to do as he tells them.

Right now the region is in a certain amount of chaos; there is no physical way for us to remove the root admin. In practical terms he controls our forums. But he does not control this region. This region is a community. What is more, it is a democracy. Decisions are made collectively, not unilaterally. And no one individual can force their will on the region. At least, not yet.

As we speak our root admin - Hileville - is moving to increase his control of the forums, and by extension this region. Our present government has yet to respond. How they do respond will largely be shaped by the reaction of you, the people who make up TSP. The question is simple; are you willing to live in a dictatorship? For that is the logical conclusion we are faced with, unless Hileville is forced to back down by the region. Only you can do that.

If you want TSP to remain a free, democratic region, then speak out on the RMB and our forums. Let Hileville know that he <i>does not</i>own this region, as he clearly thinks he does.

Yours,

<a class="" href="http://www.nationstates.net/nation=south_pacific_belschaft">[Image: south_pacific_belschaft__991288t2.jpg]South Pacific Belschaft</a>
<i>Former Delegate

Member of the Committee for State Security</i>

</div>
</div>

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

This was accidentally posted in the main CSS forum. I've moved it to Lubyanka, since this is a private matter for the CSS to discuss.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
I do agree with a lot of this - I've mentioned a few times already that I believe the TG shouldn't have been sent and I do agree the CSS should have been consulted first. I'll hold off on definitively saying I think Belschaft should be removed until he has a chance to reply here, but at this stage I can see some merit to his dismissal.

Related, I was just wondering what the process is for a member of the CSS to be removed anyway. I couldn't find anything stating the process that should be followed. Might be something that needs addressing pretty quickly.
Without commenting on the merits of removing Belschaft, since I'm going to bed now, I believe that the process would be to ask the Assembly to recall him.

I don't see anything in the Charter allowing the CSS to expel its members, and the Code of Laws indicates that all elected and appointed members can be recalled.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Bels has always been one to do as he pleases. This move, though rash and other such adjectives, is case in point. I think once we have a concensus on this we should bring it up to the assembly.

I do agree that we should see what Bels has to say this time to US because he used power that he shouldn't have.