Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minister of the Army: End of Term Address to the Assembly
Hello Everyone,

I hope at this point introductions are no longer needed.  But I am Southern Bellz, former almost every cabinet position, former two time delegate, and current Minister of the Army.

I wanted to make an address, and take the time to talk about the speculation about what I will do next term.  

I consider this term to be one of my best terms in TSP.  When I took over as the Minister of the Army, the NSA was in terrible shape:  It was tragically inactive with almost no structure intact, the code of conduct was being ignored and had multiple out of date requirements, the general corps was non-existent, hell people were even arguing if an independent military is possible.

Well one term later, and we have had countless deployments.  Our first deployment was in support of The Red Fleet’s refound of a racist region.  If there is one thing I want to leave on the NSA, it is that we do not need to take the wheel all the time.  We can have a major impact on the NS world just by supporting sometime.  Countless nations messaged me (mostly from TRF/leftist regions) over this operation telling me all about how happy they were to see TSP taking a stand against racism.

Our flagship deployment was in Fascist, which was a very complicated operation, but one that directly put a halt to Nazi aggression and expansion.

We took action against a region who’s delegate leaked NSA information and having their delegate declare TSP his enemy. 

We partook in warzone operations with fellow GCRS, we supported liberations, we had partial deployments.  The list goes on!  We had a great term!  We have Generals!  We have a bunch of great involved active troops!

This term has led to the strengthening of ties with many regions.  Some already allies, some new friends, and some old ones.

This leads to addressing the speculation about what I will be doing in the next term.

I will not be seeking re-election as the Minister of the Army.  Nor will I be running for delegate or any other cabinet positions.  The only elected position I have an interest in is Vice Delegate- so anyone who has an exciting platform for delegate, send it to me, and I will be more than willing to back the person with the most creative and engaging platform.

If I get no interest in that offer or choose not to run, I will still be active as a citizen and consider deputy work. 

In closing think it is very important that The South Pacific continues this tradition, of being a region that stands up against aggressive hate groups, and a region that doesn’t pick sides for the sake of picking sides.  Put this community first, and we will continue to be the best region in NationStates.

I want to thank anyone who supported my vision and to every single NSA member who came on an operation.  This term’s success was a result of your work and dedication to my vision, even when it did not make sense.

My final weeks in office will be used for administration and housekeeping to ensure the next MoA is ready to go from day one.

Last of all, join the freakin NSA guys.  It's fun!

True Blue,

Southern Bellz

SB,

I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again, I was really proud at NSA in action this term.  It was the most active that I've ever seen it while in government and I think you did a lot of great work.

Thank you so much for being awesome and the music and encouraging new ideas, visions, and approaches.

Best always Smile

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I will also be bringing back the TSP Dance Party.  Our past success include dancing away Milograd, so keep an eye out for that Big Grin

Thank you for your service, SB, you did a commendable job. Smile *salutes*
Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

SB, thanks for your service. And I really can't recall a period in TSP's history when the military was truly this active.

It was fun serving under you SB, I hope I get the opportunity to do it again in the future.
​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

Thank you everyone.  A lot of very high praise that I appreciate very much.

Thank you SB for your dedicated service. It was truly an honor to work with you as MoA.
Such an active term, yet not running for re-election? This makes me kinda sad! Whomever replaces you will be in good hands with Hile and Geo as Generals. Smile

Thank you for revitalizing our army!

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

You've done an excellent job, SB. I'm sorry to hear you won't be running for re-election and I hope your successor will carry on the standard of strong activity you've established for the NSA.

Cormac Somerset

[Image: cormacshield.png]

The Brotherhood of Malice

General and Outside World Manager

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)