Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting TG I got.
The Tulmultuous State of Big D Baby:

Quote:Greetings and congrats on becoming delegate of the south pacific.I'm BDB aka Punk D and formerly of the South Pacific. About 4 years ago, I purposely got myself banned from the south pacific. I was just angry one day and got warned 3 times. It was silly and no one's fault but my own.

However, it has been nearly 4 years and I would like to see if my ban can be overturned. Fudgie would not allow this and last I had contacted her she advised that if I contacted her again she would contact the admins. I then contacted Caer Rialis who did not respond further.

I've done many things in the game, both good and bad, but one thing that eats at me is the fact that myself and the south Pacific are still apart. Please let me know what you think and I will honor your request.

My request is to go before either your court or the citizens of the South Pacific and ask that one of my warnings - all of which are almost 4 years old - be removed.

Thank you very much for your time and again congrats!

BDB
Well, he isn't Gov, which would be the one person I'd keep banned here. At least I don't think he's Gov. If I remember, Punk was a guy in TWP who is a pretty good guy. At least from what I knew / know of him.
He is a good guy, but as per his request, <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=5987'>Found here</a>, i don't really know what to think here...

Yes, it was one (long) argument that I personally don't have records for (as I was not in government until late 2006).

I do have some IMs with him (i think) that he told me he still uses proxies to view the site for whatever reason. i think this was in 08.

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.
Punk D was banned from this region. He asked to be banned, he acted like a child to be banned and therefore it is against our laws to reinstate him.

He asked for the punishment, he made sure he got the punishment - ergo, he lives with his choices.

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=5987&view=findpost&p=1407204'>Linky</a>

I can't seem to find much more at the moment - but bear with me - I'm quite willing to dig further to keep him out.

And more

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=7894'>Linky</a> (password is Rudi419w)

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=8023'>Linky</a>

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=5985'>Linky</a>

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=6000'>Linky</a>

There are more threads, but unfortunately the data in these seems to have been eaten in the great forum crash. Hopefully this will give you all an idea of what he put us through.
Punk D cooked his own goose. He asked to be reinstated, he monkeyed around with people, he started a shitstorm then claimed later that he was in cahoots with the person he started the shitstorm over. He got himself banned and needs to stay that way.
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
so we're back to the lose - win situation again...edit: oh hello liarg.

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Crimminy, not Liarg again. What is it with these guys?All right, I'm looking at Punk D's post as a validating member. My thoughts are in two ways about this.One, we post on that thread, explaining exactly why he was banned, why he will not be allowed back in, and kindly tell him to shove off. I don't know how well this will work, however.Second, we delete the thread and ignore it entirely.What do you think?

-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
i wonder if this be considered to be stalking behaviour in RL? chase a girl, get her, reject her, then chase her again?

Quote:

Quote:i wonder if this be considered to be stalking behaviour in RL? chase a girl, get her, reject her, then chase her again?
We've had one of those *cough* Mario *cough*

-- B. Bragg

I say let him back in. We wouldn't be human if we didn't make mistakes. Allow him to come back, but insist he provides a public explanation as to his return.
Quote:I say let him back in. We wouldn't be human if we didn't make mistakes. Allow him to come back, but insist he provides a public explanation as to his return.
It's more complicated than that. He set himself up for all of this. Where do I begin?
[*:2oh1b5a0]He asked to be banned and, when he wasn't, he set himself up to be banned in the weirdest display of behavior I've ever seen.

[*:2oh1b5a0]He claimed to have set up a controversry he cooke dup with Goddessness which would have given him the delegacy back in 2006. When that failed, he pitched a fit and claimed we didn't listen to his ideas. his ideas, by the way, weren't ever explained.

[*:2oh1b5a0]He tried to get me to appoint him my successor, but I didn't.

[*:2oh1b5a0]He committed treason. Way back when, when Pierconium was in the North Pacific for the first time, he left TSP to go there to liberate the region. While there, he tried to sidle up to Pierconium and offered to help him take over TSP because "freeing TNP was more important."
The guy's conniving and I'd not be surprised if he's doing this in order to slip back in, build up his endorsement totals and challenge SB.

-- B. Bragg

Quote:I say let him back in. We wouldn't be human if we didn't make mistakes. Allow him to come back, but insist he provides a public explanation as to his return.
I'll put this as simply as I can.

You can choose between him and I. Because I refuse to be part of a region that would allow someone so vile and so manipulative, not to mention a lying bastard back into it.

And I'm deathly serious.
Now that SB made the decision, I move we ban this new account of Punk's

-- B. Bragg

2nded.

Quote:

Alright. Didn't know the details.
I know that I come to this joyous little party a tad late...(don't get me started on time pressures and priorities at the moment :help: )

But I would like to add my thoughts on the matter...

Punk D was (and probably still is, although that would only be anecdotal) a snake in the grass...His transgressions are well documented each and every time he turns up wanting to slither his way back into TSP. He professes his repentance for the things that he did without really trying to do a whole lot to put things right. As in life there are certain things we do that affect people so profoundly that to open yourself up again to someone who was capable of such heinous treachery, skullduggery, lying, cheating and dishonesty would be tantamount to putting your head in a lions mouth and flicking his love spuds with a wet towl...I for one am not that stupid...

I am a forgiving person, but in this case I have to make an exception given the pain and hurt this particular individual caused. Although over the past 12 months or so I have been an infrequenter of my much beloved SP I would not wish to return to the place I call home and find this poisonous serpent once again permitted to roam freely...

Punk D was banned, and for very good reason...He knew the consequences of his actions...A gamble that he took and lost...Shame for him that he was exposed for who he really is...He is never, ever to return here as a member...

Can we please not have to speak about this again...If he makes another approach at any time in the future can we just ignore, press the delete key and not have to waste another second of our lives discussing the weasel...

I think all those involved have the 'lessons learned' engrained in our minds and would, I hope, never allow a repeat to take place...

And a word on Liarg...<strong class='bbc'>Git</strong>...
[url="http://www.sloganizer.net/en/"][Image: image,Coming-spc-Age-spc-of-spc-the-spc-...,black.png][/url]

Prime Minister of The South Pacific

Ambassador to The North Pacific

Badger Fulcher Extraordinaire

[url="http://spot-news.blogspot.com/"]READ SPOT NEWS...If it's hot, it hits the SPOT!...thanks, Polk!..[/url]

Latest Headlines...

[url="http://spot-news.blogspot.com/2010/03/tsp-election-mor-candidate-interview.html"]MoR Candidate - Todd McCloud[/url]

[url="http://spot-news.blogspot.com/2010/03/tsp-election-pm-candidate-interview.html"]PM Candidate - Sedge[/url]

[url="http://spot-news.blogspot.com/2010/03/tsp-election-moj-candidate-interview.html"]MoJ Candidate - Dyr Nasad[/url]

[url="http://spot-news.blogspot.com/2010/03/tsp-election-mos-candidate-interview.html"]MoS Candidate - Daytime to Night[/url]

[url="http://spot-news.blogspot.com/2010/03/tsp-election-craziest-candidate.html"]Minister for Craziest Candidate Interview - Curlyhoward[/url]