Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas
I guess we need to start planning a winter celebration.unless you want to let run spotaneounsly. which didn't work last year Sadany ideas?we could do a regional dinner ... Tongue

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.
Presents! TongueSuggestions for forum skins are welcome.... otherwise I suppose I still have last years theme. Oh, and if youa re hunting for themes, make sure they are InvisionFree themes and not invision power board themes which I cannot install here.
Ilike the idea of a regional dinner party. We will need some skins for the affair..should we consider a secret Santa?
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
What's a secret Santa?
Quote:What's a secret Santa?
It's denying Santa exists ... but still waiting for a present Wink

Nah. It's where you get a name drawn out of a hat and you buy a gift for that person - usually done in offices and workplaces. There's a set amount and usually it's something rude, inappropriate or just plain funny.

*mutters about the pooping reindeer gotten one year* Wink
The only problem with a secret santa in this venue is that the gifts would be virtual, but that can still be loads of fun.I'm game to run this, if we want to have it

-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
Quote:Presents! Tongue

Suggestions for forum skins are welcome.... otherwise I suppose I still have last years theme.

Oh, and if youa re hunting for themes, make sure they are InvisionFree themes and not invision power board themes which I cannot install here.
looks like christmas skins are going up all over, so i guess you need to add it soon Tongue

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

um guys? theme?I love the thread about sharing what we do for Christmas.um... how about moving all the christmas themed stuff into one (sub-)forum as well?

Quote:

I haven't had the time to look for a theme.
A Christmas Sub-Forum is easily done.Do we want the Secret Santa, or pass? A party can be had easily

-- B. Bragg

Quote:I haven't had the time to look for a theme.
sorry, didn't realize you picked a new one every year. I'll have to go take a gander.

Quote:

Well, I should have last years around, somewhere, but even then its always a bit of work to install it.