Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Assembly recess
What would you guys think of proposing a week long assembly recess to throw some sort of team building event?

We tried warnings and I think before trying bans, we should try something new.

Idk how i feel about the idea, but I think it's worth sharing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
I think a week long break would help everybody cool their heads.

​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

We'd have to work out some specifics, but overall that sounds like a good idea.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
What does this actually mean?

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Quote:What does this actually mean? Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk
Taking a break from posting in the assembly
​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

I think its a great idea... but I fear those outside the Cabinet will only see it as "restricting their political freedom", so-on and so-forth. Maybe brainstorm here and propose it to the Assembly?

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I think the right way to go would be to present it as an invitation or some sort of challenge, instead of an imposition. Perhaps invite people to post in Enter If You Dare as much as they would post in the Assembly, or something like that.

Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
SB,

I do like the idea although maybe you could tell us more about what you mean?   I also like Kris's idea of framing it as a invitation and as a "chance to enter positive dialogue."

This is what I looked up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team_building

Maybe we can develop some "exercises" we can do.

That will give administration time to put together a moderation policy as well. 

As I said in the moderation discussion, framing something in a positive rather then punitive manner really works best. 

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I had thought about this before the World Fair and wrote it as a bill, but never submitted it to the Assembly since the dates for the Fair were shifted.

I propose that we start Jan 30 EST (because it's Chinese New Year :P)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Just before I get going today, I wanted to say a couple things. I don't think it's actually legal for the cabinet to impose this, but it's something that can be proposed to the assembly and enforced by them. However, I'm not sure it's really necessary or that good of an idea. Shutting down all discussion between angry people tends to make them more angry. No matter what, they're angry at you for silencing them and angry that they can't vocalize their anger.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

This isn't something we would impose or something they could legally enforce by themselves. The way I saw it was like an informal agreement to lower the tensions and rediscover the more game-ish parts of the forum.