Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Radical Change Idea
As I get closer and closer to when I take over as delegate, I have just been kicking ideas (Haha, you guys a prob sick of my threads here) but I have had one idea that I like more than all of my other ideas and feel just highlight all of my goals into one.I think it would be very interesting to attempt to create The South Pacific Empire (or something less imposing like The South Pacific Coalition). The start up would be to find User Created Regions that are active on the game map in some way and invite them to become a Member Region of TSPE. Just for reference, we would refer to TSP as the Capital of the Empire.As a Member region, you would get certain rights benefits/duties:1) You would get your name on our WFE as a member region. The benefits of this are obviously for recruiting for the UCR.2) In response to this, they would have to put in their WFE Member Region of The South Pacific Empire.3) They would get 2 representatives in the Directors Collective other name can be applied. (for reference I would say we get 5 or something like that)After we get a few regions in, we can continue to invite members in, but we can also allow regions to apply as "Provisional Regions" or something of the sort. Which they have to participate in the Empire before getting the privileges that Member Regions haveThis is as far as I got, but the next thing is obviously what the DC does. At first I was thinking more of an advisor role, but I feel it has to be more than that.I think, after being established a bit, that the DC has a BCD type forum, to talk freely about issues that they feel should be tackled. On top of that I think if we can use this body to vote on what provisional regions become full member regions.This is not a final draft of any plans I have, but I just see all of the goals I have linking together.Our regional news paper could evolve into a multi-regional newspaper (even more eyes on us and member regions), we generate instant interested from not only potential member regions, but people who may want to get involved in a TSP with an international agenda. If we get fellow people that want to do bigger things on the game map, we also become a very unique commodity in NS. How many region are truly active on the game map putting in motion their own initiative? In a game with regions content with the status quo, if we do this right I feel we can be a near unchallenged group of people.I think the key is we have to allow our Member regions to rule themselves and focus on lining up our goals, with the goals of member regions and vise versa.An example is the name in the WFE, they get more eyes on the region, we get more eyes on us, the goals simply line up.I just wanted to hear what you guys think. General like/dislike? Ideas to improve, ect?I have some regions I would like to contact about this in mind, but I don't want to get too ahead of myself. If this does get off the ground, I would like to work on this ASAP.Cheers,SB ^_^
I like the idea ... however, my question is: what happens if they member regions are attacked?I mean, essentially this is a large alliance, and do we even have an army that would be able to protect it?Also, would they need to comply to our laws to join?
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

I am assuming at this point everything in here does not leave this room because I am going to go a little bold with my responses.The first region I would put my efforts in trying to get involved in this is One Big Island, which is a region of mercs. If we can come to some sort of long term contract with them functioning as our regional army, while they still peruse their own contracts I feel that would be a perfect way to start. (MIND YOU NO TALKS HAVE BEEN MADE WITH OBI YET, SO THIS ISN'T TO BE MENTIONED)I would also like to pursue other regions with some sort of military. I would want to work more with raiders for a few reasons. The most obvious is I am more comfortable with my relationships with raiders and feel raiders are more direct with intentions. They also are the first group of people to make moves on the game play map with regards to the raider/defender orgs. These are the people that made puppet nations mainstream, and have made other significant strides in how the game is actually played. The other reason I feel is if we are more allied with raiders, then in theory we wouldn't have to worry about raider attacks. I know of zero raider orgs that attacked other raiders, and the one I know that did got crucified by both raiders and defenders. Then we would have to worry about a defender attack, which I am pretty sure would cause a divide in defenders because attacking for gain is a very controversial topic in defender circles. (as noted with TITO attacking the empire of power and catching hell for it).Mind you these are all reasons from a nonpolitical perspective and just a tactical perspective, you have to excuse my military like thinking, as that is my NS background.As for the laws, I think this would be impossible if we enforced our laws on other regions. I think it would be silly to do so when our laws are currently failing us. We could use the director collective to set empire wide laws, like member regions are forbid to attack other member regions. I think when it comes to that though, less is more.
Therefore, it would be, in effect, a large alliance? I'm not missing something here, am I?I still think it's a good idea, that was my only concern.Something of other concern is that TSP has typically been allied with defender groups (if my memory serves me correctly ... please don't hold me to that.)Again, I have no problems with this ... I'm just putting it into historical context Smile
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu

Yeah it would be basically a large alliance. Again, I don't know what regions would be interested, I would have to play the field when it comes to that.From what I have gathered TSP has been pretty neutral with who it is in contact with, and I would hope to keep embassies open with all sorts of regions like we do now. I just think to take this next step, we have to try something different.Again, this is just an idea I wanted to put out there for something new we can try.
Quote:As a Member region, you would get certain rights benefits/duties:
1) You would get your name on our WFE as a member region. The benefits of this are obviously for recruiting for the UCR.
we should say this is rotated, as like the region partner of the day.

otherwise (hypothetically) we could get so many partners that our website isn't there, and anything else we need to communicate isn't there....

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.