Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few words, Behind Closed Doors
Hey guys before I am in a position to do anything, there are just a few things I want to talk about. The first is I am honestly concerned for this region's future, I was talking to Mav last night about who do you think will participating in the government if I called for elections after gaining the delegate position. The problem lies with we don't even have the personal to run the election if we maintain the current system. Therefore we have to do something about this, streamline our laws, or I think something far more drastic is going to have to happen sadly. Our laws were made when people who gave a shit was more than enough to fill all of these positions, but I look at the active core of TSP today and I look at Mav, CR, Tsrill and a few others that don't hold positions, but mostly spend time counting to a billion. Not that there is a problem with that, but if we are going to become a more important region, I don't see us doing that with this government system.Another thing, it has come to my attention that a lot of my plans and rhetoric share a similar view to a meeting that happened by an outside group that planned to overthrow TSP "for the good of the game" I just want to say, I was not part of that group by any means. My time in TSP has not been because some group wanted to play raider and take a feeder by force, my time has been spent here to get to know you guys and to help TSP live up to the potential it sits on. Anyone of these nations that wanted to overthrow us for the "common good" is going to be. What shocks me the most is I recognize a lot of the people posting in that forum, and I recognize them from my time being a raider, when they were telling me how wrong every action I have done is. What did we get in return for being a neutral region for respecting all sides of the game? We got a plan to get taken over because our ways of playing the game don't line up with the agenda of other players. What do they have to say about regional sovereignty? That TSP isn't ours to claim, that belongs to the game! I have never seen more terrible propaganda in the game in my life, if they cared about TSP, how come NONE of them tried to participate in our region? I think it is imperative that TSP's new direction moves away from these types of people. I just think it is important to remind you, that while I am new, and have many outsider ties, I have been nothing but open and honest with you guys. I am not seeing much responses to any of my larger posts detailing plans I want to continue with and asking for help, and this is what worries me more than anything. This system doesn't allow for a few people to work alone, this system demands we have a lot of active people, voting, running for office, ect. We don't have any of that, am I the only one concerned?
SB, It never crossed my mind you were ever part of that group of turds.I see you as an enthusiastic and vibrant member - in a way you are like me at the beginning. SmileAnd you're right. Our government needs an overhaul. I have always encouraged fresh faces and fresh minds (Lord knows, how many times did I tell Liarg to get off his fat arse and actually do something rather than whinge about it.). All we ask that as the long time residents of this region, you include us, and our region mates in the decision making process. This region has prided itself on being democratic for over 5 years now - please let us retain that.
Quote:And you're right. Our government needs an overhaul. I have always encouraged fresh faces and fresh minds (Lord knows, how many times did I tell Liarg to get off his fat arse and actually do something rather than whinge about it.).
Ah, the days of Liarg whining. . . or was it someone else? It's hard to say with scumbags like that.

It's a tough call. NS was a very good marketing move by Max Barry and his publishers, but, really, as a game goes, it's pretty cut and dry and offers little challenge, save the invader/defender racket. Whether or not we can get others involved again is a daunting task, but we can make a push for it again.
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
[quote name="Caer Rialis"] [quote name='"Fudgie"] And you're right.  Our government needs an overhaul.  I have always encouraged fresh faces and fresh minds (Lord knows' date=' how many times did I tell Liarg to get off his fat arse and actually do something rather than whinge about it.). [/quote']

Ah, the days of Liarg whining. . . or was it someone else? It's hard to say with scumbags like that.

It's a tough call. NS was a very good marketing move by Max Barry and his publishers, but, really, as a game goes, it's pretty cut and dry and offers little challenge, save the invader/defender racket. Whether or not we can get others involved again is a daunting task, but we can make a push for it again. [/quote]

As I believe I preface most of my posts, I realize I'm not suppose to be posting here ... but whatever.

I think if we can get a more active base of members, other people my follow.

I believe I'm speaking for most of us when I say we've been consumed with other things ... and really there wasn't anyone to take over.

With regard to the government you could probably consolidate a few posting for the time being until more people can be active.

It might also be a good time to start another conference on the charter and see what needs to be there ... what can be taken out ... etc. because as it stands, I think it's a little bloated and intimidating for new people.

Just me two cents. Smile
===

"I learned that dreams don't work without action. I learned that no one could stop me but me. I learned that love is stronger than hate. And most important, I learned that God does exist. He and/or she is right inside you underneath the pain, the sorrow and the shame."

-tsu