Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resignation
So, I resign my citizenship in The South Pacific. I could write an indignant post addressing my grievances -- have a glance at the two locked threads if you're finding yourself mystified by this -- but if there's one thing I've learned in my brief time in TSP it's that those who aren't already inclined to agree with me wouldn't pay a bit of attention. Those who would agree with me and know anything about what I've experienced for the past 6-7 months in Osiris will have a clear understanding of why I can't stomach sticking around for this. So I'll spare us all the time and trouble.

I sincerely wish TSP the best of luck. Fairly sure you're going to need it. To the vast Old Guard conspiracy: Stay strong and stick together, TSP will need you to pick up the pieces when the radicals have gone on their merry way.

Cormac Somerset

[Image: cormacshield.png]

The Brotherhood of Malice

General and Outside World Manager

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

Seriously, don't leave. I was just getting to enjoy your posts after my nrief inactivity.

I think you'll be a good fit here in TSP if you stick around for awhile.

Dang Cormac, was hoping you would stick around.

I've never been shy about my dislike of your penchant to play hokie-pokie, but I do believe your thoughts have a positive influence here. From what I have seen over the past few days is that TSP is an evolving place and doesn't quite yet know what it wants to be. In other words, we're all figuring it out.

I think your perspective would be very beneficial here.

If you still decide to leave...good luck!

TSP's Prodigal Son.

Citizen

From the old TSP Boards....
Quote:
Punk D
May 17 2004, 06:07 AM Post #1
Ok...as I have entered my late twenties (27 in a few months, actually my birth date is *gulp* 9/11) I have been the *youngest* for so long.

But as I'm reading through many of these threads many of you are high school, in college, just graduating college, etc. I think Lady Rebels has some older children so I'm hoping she has some years on me   Big Grin , but can someone make me feel good by saying they're older than me?

*needing validation that 1977 was not that long ago*

<b>Resignation is Denied.</b>

Seriously,  you need to stick around.  Your experience in NS is unique and has added another perspective to the forums that I and others have enjoyed reading.

I concur with everyone else who urged you to stick around, Cormac. You've been giving great suggestions and advice on my bill about defining the Delegate's emergency powers. I do hope that you'll take time to reconsider your decision to gie up citizenship, and stick around, continue contributing to TSP's community and helping old and new TSPers alike.

You're a valuable member of TSP's citizenry, and I'd hate to see you go.

A member of Team Cake :cake:

MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (December 2013-PRESENT)

MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS (May 2013-August 2013)

DEPUTY MINISTER OF REGIONAL AFFAIRS (April 2013-May 2013)

~≋₪≋~

The Federal Democratic Republic of [nation]Awesomiasa[/nation]

Founded: 21 June 2011

President: Angelina P. Joel

Vice President: Gwendolyn A. Jameson

Quote: 

TheGrimReaper: But hey, some people like places and some people like people.

Rach: "There are people. There are stories. The people think they shape the stories, but the reverse is often closer to the truth."

Yes as Hile said, I'm not sure why you're resigning. I've asked your help on several things and I believe you have many skills and ideas to contribute.

The South Pacific has changed a lot since the days of the old forum.  I happen to believe that it is changing for the better.  I would like to ask people to think carefully about their actions.  What does a resignation mean?  It means a rejection of the process where a region is changing and I reiterate changing for the better.  You can be a part of this change if you are willing to listen as well as speak.

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

Okay. I may have overreacted to the heated debates the past few days, and I think I'll just step back from that and take a breather for a couple days. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to stick around and to Hile, Escade, et al. for not accepting this immediately and giving me time to rethink it.

I apologize for the hasty overreaction. Won't happen again.

Cormac Somerset

[Image: cormacshield.png]

The Brotherhood of Malice

General and Outside World Manager

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

Quote:Okay. I may have overreacted to the heated debates the past few days, and I think I'll just step back from that and take a breather for a couple days. Thanks to everyone who encouraged me to stick around and to Hile, Escade, et al. for not accepting this immediately and giving me time to rethink it.

I apologize for the hasty overreaction. Won't happen again.

Good choice Smile
I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?