Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interference in the running of the Assembly
Can we maybe stop this? Escade may be the delegate and a global mod, but she doesn't actually have the right to close topics that are of interest to this Assembly, especially seemingly without any kind communication on the subject having occurred between her and the Chair of the Assembly.

Let the Chair do their job.

Agreed. There wasn't flaming happening in that thread and no reason for moderator intervention. Slight incivility =/= flaming, and global moderators aren't the civility police.

Cormac Somerset

[Image: cormacshield.png]

The Brotherhood of Malice

General and Outside World Manager

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

Oh please don't. If there is a thread where people are no longer having any sensible debate, are calling others "full of crap/shit" and don't even bother to attack the argument instead of the poster, then the thread is no good, and any global moderator should lock it. I can't even believe we are debating that. If you guys want to start another thread, make sure it actually remains civilized.
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Sensible debate was still happening in that thread, even around the incivility, and it isn't your job to moderate the Assembly's debate or to dictate to TSP what is and isn't "sensible debate." You don't get to enforce friendship and cooperation selectively, with thread locks.

Cormac Somerset

"Defenderism is dead activity, which, vampire-like, lives only by sucking living activity, and lives the more, the more activity it sucks." - Me (paraphrasing Karl Marx)

Admin hat: CoA, Global Mods and Administators have the ability to moniter these debates. Warnings were given previously in this thread, the next step from that is usually official warnings by the admin team. Locking the thread for a short time, not indefinitely, seems to me to be a sensible course of action. To avoid having to issues any official warnings people need to take a breather.
I'm not sure that the thread should have been locked - I am sure that the people who were calling others, "full of shit", should have been warned or received punishment. It's already been said by the Global Mods to stop with the "accusations" and the flamebaiting...

"You are so totally full of crap it is actually getting tedious." - Bel

"What's the difference here, besides Milograd handing you and your defender buddies a GCR, and why in the world do you think we should give him access to TSP as a reward for the good work he's done for defenders?" - Cormac 

" think that's actually quite a bit more serious than "full of crap,"" - Cormac

"I honestly did not think it would be possible for someone to be worse than Unibot." - Bel

The whole point of these comments is to piss people off and stir the pot.
Never Cruel nor Cowardly,

Never Give Up, Never Give In.

Thanks Unibot, we are able to see these posts. We don't need you to repost them outside of their private thread.

Warnings will be discussed by they admin team.

EDIT: I urge anyone who has an issue like this to bring it to the admin team. Creating a thread like this may turn into another warning festival.
I'm going to request that this thread be moved to the private forum, or at least that Unibot's post be split and moved there, as those comments are out of context quotes from that forum.

Cormac Somerset

<b>TOPIC CLOSED.  END OF DISCUSSION.</b>