Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southern Bellz
I'm fully aware she can read here, incidently. I'm just opening the topic for cabinet to debate here statement of intent.You are all aware that I've been saying for a little while now that I would like to step down as delegate. SB is active, she obviously has the time to dedicate to the role, and with my travel schedule and personal life taking some major upheavals in the next 12 months, as well as work committments, I no longer have the time to fill this role to to it's utmost. However, I've stuck around for stability's stake. CR has helped me heaps, particularly this last 12 months when I've really had a rough time maintaining the role. SB is active, enthusiastic which is definately what a delegate needs to be.However, we also need to look at the con side of it all, and SB, do not take this at all personally. Actually, I can't think of many cons, truthfully.We don't know a lot about you SB. We do know you're sassy, funny and bright. Can you tell us a bit more about what brought you to NS, How you've spent your time in NS (raider/defender affiliations etc) and what drives you to put your name out there for the delegate's role. Do you understand that this region has fought for it's independance several times .. that we are a proud region and hold our history close to our hearts? Do you swear to uphold our laws and maintain what those before you have fought and won the right to maintain?Do you understand that the role of delegate in this region is more of a mentor and guide, a figurehead of government rather than the power?And finally, do you promise to maintain a dress code of hawaiian shirts and lampshades? TongueAlso, just putting it out there that I'd like to stay for 1234 days. Just because it's a cool number Wink
One Two Three Four Tell me that you . . Oh, wait, not a song.Southern bellz, everything Fudgie said makes sense. Let us know what you have in mind for the region. Also, if memory serves me correctly, aren't you involved with another region as well? How will that fit into things?Thanks
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
Hello guys, I have a few drinks in me so I will try to be as articulate as possible haha.I want you to know fudge, I take zero offence at the questions you are giving me. In fact, I welcome them, and if anyone has any concern, here is the place to put it. If you want my answer to be answered in public, read my other thread.I started NS when I saw a class mate of mine playing it. I join with a friend of mine about two weeks after.As you noticed from the start, I have been nothing but open with the region about my past, I disclosed my relationship with the DEN when I first came to this region.I want to talk about my entire past though. When I first came to this game, I was a member of a small defending group called Abyss, at the time, we were one of the few active defenders that did not raid in the ADN.After that, I joined the raiding group called the DEN, which I have spent most of my time in NS. However, I am no longer involved in the region. My puppet, Of Crazed, now resides in The Old Raiding Club, which is a place to relax, unwind and talk about going ons in NS.After being with the DEN, I spent time with the neutral group Taijitu, where I believe I first met Mav. Taijitu was a group of people that tried something new in NS, which I really respected, but due to the fact of being wishy washy they couldn't accomplish any of their goals.I want you to look at my past history, a defender group, a raider group, and a neutral region that tried something new in this game. What do they have in common? They are, in my opinion the most independent regions in the game. Something that I mention I really value in this region. Lets be real, what other feeder allows that a member with my history, not in the 'old guard' of the region even run for delegate.Fudge, of course I know it is my duty as delegate to keep this region safe. I believe my policies as Minister of Security have made the region safe, and as delegate I plan on continuing to do so.As far as you guys fight for the region, I say you should continue to fight for the region, be it in a different respect. We have a chance at a feeder to do things NO other regions can touch, we just have to take our destiny in our own hands.As far as the question, my goal is as a guide, I feel in my statement of intent I state I feel that is my largest responsibility above all else.I of course will wear a hawaiian shit! It gets hot in the south!Lastly, I think after all you have done for the region, the least that you deserve is to go until the day 1234.CR, I am currently not an active member of any region, besides here.
SB, if, and only if, cabinet agrees to this - I have a suggestion. The law of succession is really for hostile and unknown invaders - not for members of the region.For the interim, drop your statement of intent. After this, I will nominate you to be vice delegate. You can then safely gain endorsements to about 75%In 3 weeks, I will then turn over the delegacy to you. As i've said all along, all I want is that magic 1234 number - and i'm happy to bow out after that. If cabinet supports this, I'm happy to proceed.Cheers.
The one thing I like about leaving the statement of intent open, is that it allows for me the chance to have a Q and A with the region, and if they have questions, I am intent on answering them. I, personally, would rather leave it up just for that sake, however if the cabinet prefers I do this in a more silent manner I can.
By nominating you as Vice Delegate, you still have to go through the same questioning.
Uh okay, I retracted my statement of intent, for the rest, ready when you are.
I like you, SB, I do. I personally would rather hand the reins over to someone I like, than to go through the shit fight of a delegacy battle. Not only that, it looks peaceable - a delegacy battle would certainly provide some small instabilities in the region and with the crap that happened recently with invaders, I'm not willing to take that chance.Ok Cabinet, it's now up to you. Are you happy for the outlined events to happen?I'm going to nominate SB as Vice Delegate. She will then be subject to questioning as per the normal process in Council, and then in 3 weeks, I plan to retire gracefully and hand the reins over. Peaceable, easy and painless - and extremely uncontroversial - the way I like it Wink
That works for me. SB, thanks foor being candid with us.

-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
aye(sorry, been sick over the weekend).(actually, before the changeover, do we have any people that are too close to the magic number that fudgie can eject before she goes? Might as well use up the influence somehow Tongue)

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.
Already got Tsrill working on a SPECTRE report just before that date, Mav Wink.After all, it's not a crime if I'm leaving the job Tongue I just want everything to be as safe as possible for SB - so she can build up her influence.I think that's my only concern is that the influence level of the region may drop.
Akatsuki Madara has 74 endosTuchuk has 70I don't want to be mean or anything to some of these nations, but if we leave people in this range, they are going to be breaking the law when I get in office. The problem is I won't have the means to deal with them possibly. I would much rather be safe than sorry in the transition.
Exactly - you're going to need to build your influence, whereas I don't. So it's safer if I do a little illegal activity before I go, so that your succession is smooth.
Brytaynia is getting kind of aggressive. Would anyone else be in support of new endo cap legislation?
So, is anything going to happen about this, both Brytaynia and Tuchuk have uncomfortable amounts of endos for my taste, as I take office.
Don't worry about it - you just keep gaining endorsements, we'll take care of the endotarters. They're only close to you in endorsements. when you're within 10 endos of me, then we're going to do a boot of all those above 40%
I don't understand how I am supposed to get within 10 endos of you. I went through every page of TSP and endorsed every nation. I help every nation I see that needs help on the RMB, at this point I feel I am near tapped out of what I can do to gain endorsements. I think it is much different for you, because people are always willing to endorse the delegate, but it seems like they are not always willing to endorse someone else.
Quote:I don't understand how I am supposed to get within 10 endos of you. I went through every page of TSP and endorsed every nation. I help every nation I see that needs help on the RMB, at this point I feel I am near tapped out of what I can do to gain endorsements. I think it is much different for you, because people are always willing to endorse the delegate, but it seems like they are not always willing to endorse someone else.
SB< Trust me, those 10 endorsements can be a bear. I remember way back when, when the Shaft had to step down. It took me a good long time to get the endorsements to surpass him.

Are you using SPECTRE to endorse the WA Nations?

-- B. Bragg

No, I don't know how to get to spectre, I went through all the nations by hand...
Tsrill, can you hook SB up with SPECTRE?Those last 10 endos can be a bitch. When I took over from CR, blah. Took a week to do it.I'm not actively endo seeking now either - so it should be a little easier. I'll start dropping soon so you'll gradually overtake.
Quote:No, I don't know how to get to spectre, I went through all the nations by hand...
That's a bear. Trust me, when we lost our scripts when I was delegate, that's the troute I had to take

-- B. Bragg

I'm not exactly sure what you mean with "hook SB up with SPECTRE"...if you mean that I'm to generate a list of nations not yet endorsed by SB, I can do that. SPECTRE can not automatically endorse nations, as that is prohibited by NS scripting rules.Once again, for clarification: SPECTRE is a script that I can run from my computer at home, after which I upload the results, which are publicly available. It's not an online database, nor a robot that runs automatically from a webserver. As such it's not a matter of giving out a password after which you could magically get all info you need.Anyone who wishes to run the script for yourself, what you need is a computer with an internet connection and PERL installed. Well, and the script itself, of course. Which I will happily provide if you promise to use it modestly, otherwise I'll get in trouble with the NS admins.
I would love to see that list, but I can't imagine it is more than a handful of people. About 2 weeks or so ago, I went through the entire list of TSP nations. I know there is a pretty high turn over rate, but it can't be that high. My endos for the past few weeks have been pretty steady 80-85 range.
An announcement in the WFE might be in order?
I think that would help