Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graduation Cards
All right, let me preface this by saying that I am old-fashioned and have relatively simple financial/pecuniary beliefs. In my opinion, when one has extra money, it should be saved for a rainy day, or until there is something expensive that one really wants.So today I was hunting out graduation cards. We have younger cousins and family friends who are graduating from grade school. Now, we are giving a gift of money, but I just could not buy the small cards where one simply sets the bill within. The sentiment to me was all wrong. Each and every card proclaimed that the money should be spent, and spent soon.What happened to saving the money? What happened to putting that money aside until it's needed, and not for the next trip to the mall? I don't know, maybe my simple financial beliefs are all skewed for this fast-paced 21st century.
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable