Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My neighbor's baby
So, from the summer program I worked for the last few summers I met this wonderful girl. She is a former student's fiance and also my neighbor (which I found out later). I was going to move to Prescott to live with her and her fiance, but found out during Spring Break that they were having a baby and getting married. She hasn't been returning my calls for about a week now, but while doing my homework and watching LOST I felt compelled to go on Facebook, which led me to a note she posted. She's a poet, so she expresses herself through her words.The poem was about her feelings about miscarrying. I'm going through a thing with the Catholic church, but I'm praying for her loss. She is a really good friend of mine and I can't imagine how she must be feeling, so I don't know what to do to help her. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
There's a great organization called The Compassionate Friends. It's for people who've lost a child. It's international. If she goes to their website they'll let her know the nearest organization.Sometimes losing a little one (my son lived 12 days) is very difficult because you don't have many memories, your body is going through hormone hell without a "payoff," and you really lose trust with something that should be so easy, right?If you want more info, see some of the stuff that's been pinned. Also, I'm more than happy to speak to her. Also, I'll be in West Valley Phoenix area later this month for a month. I can find out the info and PM it to you.Susan
A sword is useless in the hands of a coward - Nichiren Daishonin

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We may not see eye to eye, but we can speak heart to heart
My prayers are with your friend. I know what that feeling is like, from a father's point of view
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable