Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Agenda, January - March 2014, Regional Affairs
The Ministry of Regional Affairs is led by Awesomiasa

I ran on a campaign which emphasizes regional affairs greatly and I will do my best to improve activity and engagement. 

1. Resident Spotlight and Government Close-Up

Awe has this wonderful idea to do an “Ancients Edition,” where he interviews TSPers such as Geomania. I’m super excited to learn more about TSPers.

I’m going to continue running spotlights as well as this is my favorite feature. I’ve met some interesting people at the World’s Fair and of course I’d like to continue interviewing active RMB and\or forums posters.  

2. Southern Games

On March 5th, TSP will begin hosting the South Pacific Games. 

This idea entails inviting TSPers to create puppet nations to attend the games. A region will be created specifically for the event where TSPers will be able to use their puppets to compete in various challenges. Team based challenges include tug of war, and individual challenges including chess or Fruit Ninja. Scoreboards will be kept and winners will be awarded eternal glory and fame.

Topid brought up the idea some time ago when he was MoRA and it’s one that I’ve loved since then.  It will be a great chance to recreate the fair experience but amongst TSPers.

3. Interregional Festivals

We have interregional festivals planned or proposed with Kantrias, TNP, and Albion.

The festival with Kantrias (hosted by Cerian Quillor) is planned for 1/24 – 1/31. From 1/24 – 1/27 a TSP delegation will visit the Kantrias forums and we will submit them a list early on so they can give us cultural visa maskings. Then Kantrias will visit the TSP forums from 1/28 – 1/31 and we will host them in a gracious and wonderful manner.

I’d like to assemble a TSP delegation who will attend (register on the Kantrias forums) and be active, engaging, and lovely guests. This cultural event will help cement the treaty that we just signed with Kantrias.

Europeia - 2/10 - 2/15 (hosted by Anumia) and 2/16 - 2/21 (hosted by TSP)

TNP - TBA

Albion - TBA

Other regions - TBA

4. South Pacific Compact and Regional Map

The South Pacific Compact is a body created to help legislate, when needed, role play based on the regional map.

http://forums.thesouthpacific.org/topic/...anisation/

I’d like to have this august body form by the end of January so map based role plays can begin.

5. NS and TSP Guides

Brutland and Norden is leading this initiative to write a guide to NS and TSP for all players.  Several regions have comprehensive guides and as a GCR we’d like to have a guide that can help players navigate the complicated world of NS and help them learn about the WA or role play or other NS or TSP activities they may want to try out.

Todd McCloud and others have written some excellent articles for TEP's comprehensive FAQ and I'd like to borrow and amend some of their great work for TSP. 

6. Polls and Surveys

The poll features has been generating some activity on the RMB. I'd like to try out the different options and experiment more with this feature.  Then, I'd like to utilize forum based polls more often. 

7. RMB and Forums

I’m thinking of more games and activities for the RMB and forums.

Basically, I’d like to go over the world fair this coming week and present a kind of summary of it that will help us develop more activity for the forums and RMB. 

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific