Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ideas for Military
As MoS I feel it is important to make sure that we have some kind of active miltary on call. Currently, the orders to all troops in the TSP armed forces is to make sure our delegate is endorsed and as safe as possible. While that is always the best thing to do for our short term safety, I feel it is also why our miltary is so small. Without operations, there is little for our army to do.I was thinking having the TSP army try to take Warzone regions to keep our army sharp. The benifits, would be that our army would be used to taking orders, and have some "combat experience".Besides that, I honestly feel like our army has nothing to do in TSP. Please, I would like feed back on the warzone idea, other ideas, and if anyone is interested in joining the army, please do so.Thanks,SB
Disolve it?
has anything happened here? There are plenty of people spamming, so there are active people...
While the warzone regions are generally ignored or neglected, they might provide good practice for us, particularly considering I'm not certain how many nations we can mobilize at update at this point.Currently, there seems to be a greater number of defenders in the game than invaders. I don't agree with this next idea, but if we do choose to deploy in invader-defender conflicts, we could provide a balancing force in major battles by supporting the side that seems weaker at the time of entry (when our regional interests are not at stake), but major disadvantages of this idea are that we wouldn't have much of a "cause" to rally to and we might estrange regions on all parts of the invader-defender spectrum. Or we could be "mercenaries" like OBI, though to be quite honest I'm not sure what exactly that's supposed to mean. Or we could reach out more in our FA once that's organized, forge some alliances, and support our allies in their deployments; I've never seen defender regions form alliances apart from regional defense cooperation initiatives.Just out of curiosity, what is the South Pacific Coalition? EDIT: The one mentioned in the factbook that includes OBI, not the government defined in our charter Tongue unless they're the same, of course
In the charter it means the region, in the WFE my vision was an alliance that brings like minded regions together and shares resources. So far the only deal that didn't fall though was the one with OBI. I have reached out to 2 other regions about it and both fell through for one reason or another. However it is an agenda I plan on keeping up with as far as FA goes.I think the agreement has strengthened our bond with OBI who has helped clear our spam from time to time, as well as responding to our ad spam invitation. D2N also captured a warzone with them. To me, OBI will be a great asset of we do choose to pursue some sort of military path (of which I would love to see). To what degree it has held success, I would say it is debatable, but I believe the framework is there to make it work with more regions.As far as the army, it has lacked both a path, vision, and leadership. I feel like if we get a general who is active, inspiring, and has a clear cause (as you said) this is something we could get off the ground. If anyone wants this job, I feel like it would improve TSP greatly. And depending on the direction it takes, I may have contacts we can try and get in touch with to help.
It seems you have much ambition for the region. Before we can really build up an active military though, we have to draw new interested members to the forums and create activity in as many departments as possible (e.g. roleplay, government, etc.) to ensure we cater to all their interests and can retain them as active contributors. I'll start working on drafts for some forum recruitment telegrams, and I'd welcome anyone else who wants to help. I think I might point new nations to <a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=5769'>Tsrill's excellent introductory post</a> as well, since it offers new players information not found in the FAQ, as well as information specific to TSP. (Maybe we could discuss a WFE link for new players pointing there as well?) And we should continue the preliminary discussions regarding specific potential changes in the charter. All too many times, I've seen feeders (and others) try to reform their governments, only for the reforms to stagger to a halt due to lack of interest. I would guess that many of us have excellent ideas for the South Pacific, and I'd like to see those ideas shared.
The one thing I disagree with you is the fact we should be waiting for members and trying to draw them in with telegrams and such. While the telegrams help, I feel the best way to attract attention to any part of the region is by that part being active.We are even a good example of this. For awhile this region was facing dangerous levels of inactivity. However once talks started happening about all sorts of issues (both on here and the rmb) we have attracted nations who are into that sort of activity. So if we want roleplayers, the nations into roleplaying have to roleplay more, and ect. Once we have the base, then we can recruit based on that. Because if we offer things that aren't available, new people will go where it is.To me the best way for a region to recruit (especially a feeder) is by being exciting for the game. I have seen time and time again top nations leave their region to go to better prospects just because it was more fun or whatever. I mean it would be a pretty major victory just to have people who treat this region as their side region to become more of their NS focus.I agree on the government thing however, and I will try to get the official ball rolling on that soon.
Your point is well seen - and we shouldn't recruit nations using promises we can't deliver on. As for the military, all it takes to execute a successful raid is good timing and 2 WAs. I personally dislike the idea of claiming regions as our “colonies” and refounding them, but I see no harm in the occasional raid, especially as it does attract attention to our region. (I am just pointing this out because I noticed that a significant number of our government officials and prospective government officials are defenders from the FRA.)