Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repealing declaration of war on GGR and Gatesville
What do you guys think of Cormac's repeal? I think the Cabinet should reach a unified position on this. Personally, I'm torn. While the "war" is pretty laughable, the GGR war is the underpinning of SB's antifa ops. Gatesville is largely irrelevant now, so I'm fine with repealing that war declaration.

However, that declaration included more than just a war against Gatesville. It includes the PNG status of Douria and Nevadar, and diplomatic sanctions for those supporting Nevadar and Gatesville. I could accept reversing Douria's PNG status. But Nevadar is nothing but bad news, and I don't think we should support people getting into bed with Gatesville either, should they ever arise again.

[Image: wwzB8Av.png]
tsp
minister of foreign affairs

I have not been around long enough to know much of anything outside of TSP, but if we repeal the war declaration against the GGR then what will the NSA do? I have no feelings towards Gatesville at the moment, same with Nevedar and Douria.
​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

Quote:I have not been around long enough to know much of anything outside of TSP, but if we repeal the war declaration against the GGR then what will the NSA do?

Well, it's not like the NSA needs a war declaration to carry out offensive operations, and the repeal itself affirms our condemnation of the GGR's "ideologies":

Quote:From the Code of Laws:

1. The NSA will be permitted to carry out offensive, defensive, support, and various types of operations as seen fit by the Minister of the Army.
  2. The Minister of the Army and General Corps will be responsible for creating further regulations for the NSA and presenting them to the Assembly for passage in accordance with normal Assembly policy.
  3. The NSA will be responsible for carrying out all operations relating to a Declaration of War passed by the Assembly. A declaration of war is not inherently necessary for the NSA to act against a foreign entity and/or organization.​
Kris Kringle

Vice Delegate of the South Pacific - 
Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
Is it the sense of the Cabinet that we support the repeal?
tsp

Personally I will support it.
Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator
Deputy Minister of Communications and Integration (former) - Minister of Foreign Affairs (former)

Kringle's What? Moment: [01:32] Then let's have breakfasts at night between the Delegate and Vice Delegate
I support it as well. SB, Rebel, Escade, Arbiter?
tsp

I support it, as long as we keep Nevadar a PNG... Definitely nothing but bad news...

The Confederation of Rebel-topian Nations

[spoiler="Positions - Past and Present"]

Forum Administrator

TSP Chair of the Assembly (12/13 - Present)

TSP's Craziest (12/12 - 3/13 -- 8/13 - Present)
Former Vice Delegate under Belschaft (8/13 - 12/13)

Former General in the NSA (5/13 - 8/13)

Former Minister of Security in TSP (9/12 - 12/12)

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs in TSP (5/12 - 9/12)

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[spoiler="CRN Member Nations"]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]
Farengeto is my new best friend!!!!

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

As stated before, I have no feelings toward Gatesville, Nevadar, and Douria, so I will support this if the rest of the cabinet does.
​The New Covenant:

[nation]The Sanghelios Legion[/nation], [nation]The Jiralhanea[/nation], [nation]The Kigyar[/nation], and [nation]The Shan Shyuumm[/nation]

Minister of Regional Affairs (Mar 7, 2014-Present)

Deputy Minister of Regional Affairs (Dec 15 2013-Mar 7, 2014)

Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (Jan 13, 2014-Feb 3, 2014)

I don't know how I feel.

I'm honestly given a hard enough time as head of the MoA as it is, and I felt the democratic mandate towards antifa operations was very important.  Even with it I am constantly accused of all sorts of weird agendas, and when I defend myself, I am told I am in the wrong for doing so.  I am almost never given any kind of political support, and honestly I don't have any will power to keep fighting for something that feels absolutely thankless without democratic justification.

Do what you think is for the betterment of TSP and our army. Personally, I think youre doing the best job as MoA since Sheepa... and Id say youre doing a better job than he did.

Forum Administrator

The one and only minion of LadyRebels (Goodness I REALLY miss that woman!!)[/spoiler]

[nation]Rebel-topia[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia of The South Pacific[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia the 2[/nation] | [nation]Rebel-topia III[/nation] | [nation]RebelT[/nation] | [nation]Rebeltopia[/nation] [/spoiler]

"If you're normal, the crowd will accept you. If you're deranged, they'll make you their leader." - Christopher Titus

I think it's very good for TSP to continue to fight against hate, but only if that is something the majority of the community is honestly interested in.

It's something I really believe is right, and allowing it to go unchecked I think is a problem for TSP.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Would it be possible for us to declare a general "war" on hate groups? I'm on my phone, so it's difficult to check the legal requirements for war declarations. But I understand the point about having a mandate, which I brought up in the OP.
tsp

The law is fairly vague when it comes to NSA missions

Quote:Article 4 - Code of Laws

6. The NSA will be permitted to carry out offensive, defensive, support, and various types of operations as seen fit by the Minister of the Army.

I  think that it doesnt matter if we continue to use the NSA against hate groups, as MoA, you have the ability to run any mission you see fit. I dont think we need codified declarations of war against those groups, unless SB is going to step aside in 2 weeks... You can continue to run missions against them, at war or not.

Forum Administrator

I think SB's concern is that the war was a mandate. It was statement that the entire region supported anti Nazi operations. He'd like to have official political support for the ops.
tsp

I want to separate the mandate to fight these groups from repealing wars that we just aren't actively fighting, in the specific sense of the word. We aren't engaging Gatesville and we aren't engaging specifically the GGR.

The NSA hasn't only engaged the GGR in its fight against hate groups, and we don't need a war to keep fighting them. War should be used as a last resort measure when all diplomacy has failed, not really to follow through with a mandate that doesn't need a formal statement anyway.

The repeal mentions how we aren't condoning these ideologies, and if SB wants support then I'd give it, but I don't think the NSA will actually need one.
Kris Kringle

Forum Administrator

Im all for a separate statement after the Assembly passes the bill to repeal the wars. I dont really see the need for a mandate, cause if the Assembly didnt like the missions the NSA was running, then they'd definitely bring it up...

Forum Administrator

Quote:I think SB's concern is that the war was a mandate. It was statement that the entire region supported anti Nazi operations. He'd like to have official political support for the ops.

This is what I was trying to say more or less.

At the end of the day the NSA is a democratic military, and while I do have the legal power to do something, it really is not enough in my eyes.  There is a lot of anti-nazi stuff in the GGR war declaration, and honestly, if given the chance, I think we should invade them.  They have absolutely zero respect for our RMB or this region.  They glorify an ideology that committed a genocide. 

A war against a region with a founder can't be 'won' but that doesn't mean that the NSA hasn't moved against there sphere of influence.  

If the rest of the cabinet wants to see antifa ops as a potential future for the NSA I think the war against GGR should remain or a new one be put forward with a broader scope, with a strong effort to make it pass.
Then let this bill pass, and we as a cabinet can issue a statement against antifa. If you feel so strongly for the need for a declaration of war against Nazism, then propose new declaration of war to the assembly.

Forum Administrator