Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Rice
I was introduced to this website by my family. It's not only a good way to build up English vocabulary, but, for each correct answer you make, they donate 20 grains of rice to the UN World Food Program (WFP).

I've already donated 1200 grains, thanks to Latin roots

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.freerice.com/'>Free Rice</a>

Now to use numdah in a sentence
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
I've just had go at this. 26 correct answers consecutively. I stopped when the next word was one whose meaning I would have had to guess _

Quote:vallecula means:
nonconformist
groove
quick spray
barracks
Pssst. Go ahead and guess. If you guess right, 20 more grains. If not, the same term will show up a few questions down the road.
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
Quote:I was introduced to this website by my family. It's not only a good way to build up English vocabulary, but, for each correct answer you make, they donate 20 grains of rice to the UN World Food Program (WFP).

I've already donated 1200 grains, thanks to Latin roots

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.freerice.com/'>Free Rice</a>

Now to use numdah in a sentence
Latin roots FTW. Also, engineering roots FTW. They helped me to a vocab level of 44 and 2860 grams of rice.
Another go: Vocabulary level 50, with 3 wrong guesses, for another 1'000 grains of rice.
2200 Level 35 vocab has never been my strong suite.
Former Delegate of The South Pacific