Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spamfight pt. 2
Commranger Alpha has started an initiative to crack down on 24 hour adspam violators. I told him that we were fairly unsuccesful with that in the past, but apparently the commrangers have good relations with the mods, so...the deal is to keep a 24h running log of ad times on the RMB, and we report any violations not directly to the mods but use Alpha as intermediate. All times are to be posted in GMT, which is conveniently the same as the clock above our forums.So if some "boardwatchers" would be willing to help with that, it would be a good thing...
we could use that google spreadsheet thta we use to use...

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.
Well, I'm not sure in how far keeping the tracklist on the board is part of the evidence the mods need.
If I may interject ...The log on the RMB is eveidence but not necessary evidence. Keeping a log is a good idea because it allows you to identify violators and the CommRangers can notify the violator with a "friendly" warning. After having been served a warning by a CommRanger, any repeat violations by the same player are then reported to the Mods.Over the past year in TWP and TP, the CommRangers have developed a good working relationship with the Mods. They know we warn first before we report and we have been strongly supported by the Mods in return.But more to the point ... identifying and reporting violators is less important than your region having a strong native presence on the RMB for as much of every day as possible. The RMB is YOURS. Take control of it again and defend it. Try to keep any spam post's existence under the two hour mark ... the shorter the exposure time the better. And those who take an active role in defending the RMB will discover something else: a renewal of the community spirit that first brought many of us to the Game.
Thanks, TAO. Good points
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
Since I am back from holiday, the AdSpam listing will continue. ALL TSP residents are encouraged to join in and keep the list current. I also TG my lists to Mavenu and Caer Rialis to keep the coverage somewhat continuous.Remember folks ... the RMB belongs to THE REGION and is the original game place for the region. Take it! Keep it! Hold it! Have pride in it. Talk to one another regularly and often on the RMB and help send a message to the n000bs and the AdSpammers that TSP is still alive and in the Game.AdSpam ListingsAll times GMT-Jun 30- abt 10:45 pm: Planet Maxorus Prime by Royal Temperabt 10:45 pm: The European Union by Euro Ambassadorabt 11:45 pm: The Royal Region of Bane by Ebedon-Jul 01-abt 00:45 am: the Grand Republic by United Consertinoabt 01:50 am: Democrats by Come to Democratsabt 01:50 am: The Conservative Coalition by NicoPaulLandabt 2:40 am: The Raxian Empire by Raxus I
Not a bad idea actually TAO, it takes a bit of effort but is worthwhile!