Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Resignation
When I ran for this position I firmly believed I could help the region move into its next phase under Escade as Delegate.  I no longer believe this to be true and feel I feel that I must resign.  Since this term started the Cabinet has had to deal with constant strife on every little issue.  This is a trend that had been growing in the region for several months.  We finally saw this jump into the Cabinet itself where it was previously non-existent.  I no longer have the desire to combat this trend and/or deal with the strife.  

I firmly believe that when a game no longer becomes fun you should either completely stop playing or make changes to ensure you are having fun.  I no longer enjoy serving the region in the Cabinet and feel that to continue I will be doing a disservice to myself and the region as a whole.  My resignation from the position of MoFA will be effective when a successor is elected.  I ask an admin to start the election for my successor at the earliest convenience.

It has become clear to me that as a region we have constant unhealthy infighting and it is becoming worse.  We are approaching a state which can easily be compared to that of Osiris.  I urge everyone to think about this and make your own opinion about where you want this region to be in 3 months time.

I also officially resign as a member of the Committee for State Security.
Thank you for your long service.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
Hile,

Thank you for your service and I'm really sorry about how you feel. I'm more chagrined at the unexpectedness of this as well as how little faith certain members in my cabinet have in the campaign I ran on.

Best,

Escade

Escade

Delegate

:cake:

The South Pacific

I am really sad to see you resign.  We need people like you in the cabinet.

I do hope to see you involved more with the NSA.  Oddly enough, I think it has gone from one of the least functioning parts of TSP, to the most functioning.

Personally I think Hile is probably just having a bad day. This was rather something out of the blue.

[center]Rex Imperator Princeps Tribunicia Potestas Pater Patriae Dominus Noster Invictus Perpetuus[/center]
[center]Member of The Committee for State Security[/center]
[center]Forum Administrator[/center]

[center][Image: BelschaftShield2.png][/center]

[center]Ex-Delegate (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Security (x2)[/center]
[center]Ex-Chair of The Assembly (x3)[/center]
[center]Ex-Minister of Foreign Affairs (x2)[/center]
It's a very sad day when someone who has done so much for The South Pacific feels that he no longer has the energy to deal with internal divisions. I am not, however surprised by the announcement... given recent events I knew it was on the cards.

That is the third highly skilled individual who has resigned in such a short time. I'm hoping the trend does not continue.

[center][Image: FF9LRsig.png][/center]
Quote:Hile,

Thank you for your service and I'm really sorry about how you feel.

I almost think that there should be protocol where I refuse to accept your resignation because I only ran due to your encouragement.

I'd appreciate if you kept giving me counsel and talked to me.
Thank you.  I will be cheering your goals on from the sidelines now.  I feel I have to say it here as I told you on IRC last night my decision had nothing to do with you or any actions you have taken.

Quote:I am really sad to see you resign.  We need people like you in the cabinet.

I do hope to see you involved more with the NSA.  Oddly enough, I think it has gone from one of the least functioning parts of TSP, to the most functioning.
I will be involved with the NSA.

Quote:Personally I think Hile is probably just having a bad day. This was rather something out of the blue.
It is much more than that I can assure you.

Quote:Thank you for your long service.
Thanks for thanking me. 

Hileville, you are a giant of this region. We've gone toe-to-toe before on policy, but you know I consider you a friend.

I am sad to see this, and I hope to see your activity in TSP unfazed (despite this development). We need you.

Thank you for your service.

I am a member of the Committee for State Security. Yay safe region!
Feel free to PM me with any questions / concerns Smile

Former Vice Delegate, Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Minister of Regional Affairs, Minister of Justice, and Chief Justice
Quote:Question from Southern Bellz to me in December 2013 MoFA campaign:

Bizarre scenario: Unibot asked you a non-loaded question about TNI or the UDL. How would you react?
Hile, for the sake of the region I hope you stick around. You obviously have a great head on your shoulders and you are a TSP patriot of the highest order.