Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prime Minister's Address to The Assembly
Quote:Nations of the South Pacific and observers. We would like to speak with you all about recent events within the NationStates world, events which have affected the security of our allies and the security of this region.

On January 6th, following the procedures of the then-Constitution of the North Pacific, Lewis and Clark, otherwise known as Westwind, the Monarch of Equilism, was elected delegate of the North Pacific. Subsequent to his becoming delegate Westwind declared states of emergency in both Equilism and the North Pacific, setting aside the constitutions for both regions. When, in reacting to support given by some outside the feeders to the former delegate of the North Pacific, Great Bight?s Mum, The North Pacific declared war on the Pacific, which has been a peaceful region with tight ties to the South Pacific since 2005.

This Westwind is the same individual who, along with others, championed the cause of invading those feeder regions deemed ?dead? or ?inactive? at the forum known as the Neutral Territory, leaving aside, of course, those feeders friendly to his views. This is the same Westwind who intimated he could dictate to us how we should conduct out business as if we, a sovereign region, needed his approval.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is the result when a region finds itself led by one with such conflicting loyalties.

To our allies in the Pacific, let it be known that any threat to you is viewed by this region as a threat to the South Pacific. Any attack on you is an attack on the South Pacific. Together, let us stand proudly together in peace and in war, if such should befall us.

To the North Pacific, let it be known that we are not cowed by tactics used by your leadership since the beginning of the year. Let it be known that you and your allies will never dictate to this region. Let it be known that this region holds the old adage of the MacPherson?s ?Touch not a cat bot a glove? dear.

To the NS world in general, let it be known that the South Pacific, the oldest and most stable of the feeder regions is willing to listen, to work with, and to assist you all in the development of truly democratic principles.
[url="http://www.sloganizer.net/en/"][Image: image,Coming-spc-Age-spc-of-spc-the-spc-...,black.png][/url]

Prime Minister of The South Pacific

Ambassador to The North Pacific

Badger Fulcher Extraordinaire

[url="http://spot-news.blogspot.com/"]READ SPOT NEWS...If it's hot, it hits the SPOT!...thanks, Polk!..[/url]

Latest Headlines...

[url="http://spot-news.blogspot.com/2010/03/tsp-election-mor-candidate-interview.html"]MoR Candidate - Todd McCloud[/url]

[url="http://spot-news.blogspot.com/2010/03/tsp-election-pm-candidate-interview.html"]PM Candidate - Sedge[/url]

[url="http://spot-news.blogspot.com/2010/03/tsp-election-moj-candidate-interview.html"]MoJ Candidate - Dyr Nasad[/url]

[url="http://spot-news.blogspot.com/2010/03/tsp-election-mos-candidate-interview.html"]MoS Candidate - Daytime to Night[/url]

[url="http://spot-news.blogspot.com/2010/03/tsp-election-craziest-candidate.html"]Minister for Craziest Candidate Interview - Curlyhoward[/url]
*ParrrrTay (as a member of TSP) approves of this message

:w00t:
ditto
Former Delegate of The South Pacific
There comes a time when, frankly, you can allow other regions to do whatever they want and remain aloof, and other times when you have to stand completely at the side of your friends. This is one of those times.
I am the milkman of human kindness

And I will bring an extra pint
-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
Napieria approves this message as well.
The Berokronian government does not disapprove of this message.
Being part of the force that is keeping L&C in place I cannot approve this message, though as a Gatesvillian with an alliance with you I cannot disapprove it.Thus I simply applaud your defence of your values and principles. Good show. ^_^
Quote:Being part of the force that is keeping L&C in place I cannot approve this message, though as a Gatesvillian with an alliance with you I cannot disapprove it.
It is a tough call, Pope Lexus, when obligations pull one in opposite directions. It's why I like the various Conflict of Interest laws which appear out there in various regions. It's always best to know when those conflicts <strong class='bbc'>might</strong> arise before they do happen.

-- B. Bragg

Corporations, which should be the carefully restrained creatures of the law and the servants of the people, are fast becoming the people's masters. -- Grover Cleveland

When the laws are used to make the rich richer and the potent more powerful, the humble members of society -- the farmers, mechanics, and laborers -- who have neither the time nor the means of securing like favors to themselves, have a right to complain of the injustice of their government -- Andrew Jackson

"Capitalism takes no prisoners and kills competition where it can." -- Vince Cable
Aye it is, but I tend to look neutral while trying to wash the red paint from my hands..Could you point me in the direction of one of these regions? I'm hugely interested by the notion of a law to solve conflict of interests now. If it looks good enough I know some places that I should bring them up in..
[quote name="Caer Rialis"] [quote name='"pope lexus x"] Being part of the force that is keeping L&C in place I cannot approve this message' date=' though as a Gatesvillian with an alliance with you I cannot disapprove it. [/quote']

It is a tough call, Pope Lexus, when obligations pull one in opposite directions. It's why I like the various Conflict of Interest laws which appear out there in various regions. It's always best to know when those conflicts <strong class='bbc'>might</strong> arise before they do happen. [/quote]

i always do wonder how players maintain multiple identities keep everything sane and straight in their head. Especially if they don't mention them.

Quote:

5 hours ago Mavenu hm. I guess I shouldn't point out that Max Barry's not even from America, but is an Australian?

4 hours ago NationStates Moderators When did actual facts or logic have anything to do with idiot spammers?

Change comes not when some group of radical seizes power, that’s just a shift at the top. It comes when Mr. And Mrs. Ordinary make a stand. When the cake shop owner and teacher and the bearer boy come together and say, ‘They are not afraid,’ anymore.

Monica Whitlock – BBC “From our own Correspondent”

Nov 7/05 – in reference to actions in Uzbekistan, May 2005.
Well this issue is about regions not nations, ie, GV being allied to both parties. Though the issue is simple to resolve, that those who have a conflict of interest must remain neutral. It is their duty to do so in my eyes. I have been part of more regions than sense, and most have conflicts of interest. I was the Emperor of the GGF (and invader region which houses many former nations of Imperialis which was a region of people who rebelled in Gatesville), I was at the same time the Foreign Affairs Minister for the FRA (pretty much the central defender org. these days), I was also the Culture minister of Europeia (who were threatened with war by Gatesville for their alliance with Concosia the anti-Gatesville region), and of course I am the Foreign Affairs Advocate of Gatesville (the region that everyone loves to hate). And that's only the main conflicts of interest I had.In the middle of that I refused to partake in the GGF's millitary, GV never questioned me about Europeia or the GGF as I'd been there for years and there was no reason to doubt me, Europeia accepted me because I know HEM (its founder) fairly well from my old region of Cingeta, the FRA kept me while people I knew were incharge of it, but after that I was removed. So avoiding a conflict of interest can be done by a neutral stance, or just by trying to get people to judge you by character and not by colour (just for the aliteration..).
Quote:Aye it is, but I tend to look neutral while trying to wash the red paint from my hands..

Could you point me in the direction of one of these regions? I'm hugely interested by the notion of a law to solve conflict of interests now. If it looks good enough I know some places that I should bring them up in..
Sure, Pope Lexus. Why not our, which was written, in part, at least, by Bweezystan of Canada.

<a class='bbc_url' href='http://z1.invisionfree.com/forums/theSPacific/index.php?showtopic=2267'>Conflict of Interest Guidelines</a>

It's basically stating you have to announce to your region what positions you hold elsewhere.

Quote:i always do wonder how players maintain multiple identities keep everything sane and straight in their head. Especially if they don't mention them.
It's art of the reason I've nver treated government work as rp. I'm very WYSIWYG and prefer to keep it that way.

-- B. Bragg

It is a shame that The South Pacific did not have all the correct information at hand.I did not set aside the Constitution of Equilism. It still remains in place. A State of Emergency was called, in accordance of the Equilism Constitution, by the Triumivrate of Guardians of the region, of which I am one member. I set Chaucerin in place to oversee the revitalization of the region while I tend to matters in The North Pacific. Equilism has already set March 1st for the ending of the State of Emergency, as the goals have been met with a completely active government and reforms to keep it that way underway. In Equilism, as Monarch, I am the Head of State, but not the Head of Government. I do not set region policies, that is the duty of the government. The Constitution of the region remains.Unfortunately, the new High Council of The North Pacific, chose to post a declaration of war against The Pacific, when they saw intelligence that indicated plans to fight against us on behalf of The Pacific by members of that region. This followed upon my finding nations having moved to oppose my delegacy in TNP from The Pacific, one of which I removed. A failure communications, and a failure to await my own input, resulting in the declaration. A declaration that I recinded and voided upon discovering it. I do not recognize any sort of state of war between TNP and TP.Now you refer to the NS Conference....Neutral Territory for all ideas to be placed on the table. A brainstorming session of over 150 players from across NationStates for the very purpose of coming up with as many ideas as possible. OOC ideas. Like most, I saw inactivity across NationStates and wanted to see that change. For the benefit of the players in those regions, and the benefit of the game as a whole. I made quite a number of suggestions. From a variety of ideas for conflict to a variety of ideas of how an existing community can stir up more interest and activity. But apparently those were glossed over. This was all about saving the game we love from dying. But you've turned that into an IC accusation of my evily plotting against TSP. I want you to be an active and vital member of the NS Community. That's something I want for you - not for me. I couldn't care less about TSP otherwise. I fondly recall the days of Lady Rebels - that is my memory of TSP that I will always carry. What I care about for TSP, is for it to be a place of activity for it's players. Hardly any different from what I would expect your own hopes for the region to be.I have absolutely no interest in 'dictating' to TSP as you claim. Communication, rather than presumption, goes a long ways to promoting understanding.
Westwind of All Good People

Delegate of The West Pacific

Former UN/WA Delegate of The North Pacific